Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

DrNutt posted:

...Hair Tonic info...

Ah. Lovely.

Thanks everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

I have another important hair tonic fact to impart to the masses.

You can carry 99 hair tonics once all the Pearson satchel upgrades are completed. It pays to slay all those animals for long luscious locks.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I want them to add a car.

But make it true to 1899. Make it break down every 10 minutes or when driven off road, and require gas that only the pharmacists sell. And slower than a horse.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

FuturePastNow posted:

But make it true to 1899. Make it break down every 10 minutes or when driven off road, and require gas that only the pharmacists sell. And slower than a horse.

I keep waiting for somebody to mod in a GTA V Lamborghini.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GreatGreen posted:

I keep waiting for somebody to mod in a GTA V Lamborghini.

I want my Harry Turtledove endorsed AK-47 goddamnit

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
I don't think RDO will ever get to the heights of rocket bike jumping out of your air fortress but if you see the progression of GTAO over six years there is no way they don't add vehicles at some point that will cost 300 gold bars each

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GreatGreen posted:

That's a great look.

Thanks! I really love the sartorial options in this game. I only wish for a black everyday dress shirt.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Trying to avoid spoilers so haven't read any of this thread. Does anyone have any experience with/think the Longer Days mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/41) will break something meaningful with the singleplayer? Been playing for like 7-8 hours and the vanilla timescale really bothers me.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Wolfsheim posted:

I don't think RDO will ever get to the heights of rocket bike jumping out of your air fortress but if you see the progression of GTAO over six years there is no way they don't add vehicles at some point that will cost 300 gold bars each

They've already made the armored wagon with a machine gun turret. Only a matter of time it's for sale.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Taintrunner posted:

I want my Harry Turtledove endorsed AK-47 goddamnit

Not your Harry Harrison-endorsed Sten gun?

[edit] [browsing the Nexus RDR2 offerings] Ooooh, single-player hunting wagon? Gator Country, I'm coming for *you*...

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 19, 2019

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

FuturePastNow posted:

They've already made the armored wagon with a machine gun turret. Only a matter of time it's for sale.

As long as it doesn’t fly

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

DrNutt posted:

Whoa wait? I thought level 10 beard was locked until later chapters. My first playthrough was spent guzzling hair tonic and I couldn't get past 8 and someone here said it was story locked.

Nah you can do it in chapter 2. It is a lot easier with the 99 satchel. Go kill the fence in Van Horn and then walk out and wait until morning. If you never leave the pier the fence will never respawn. So you just chug three tonics a day and wait until morning. Leave pier to buy more tonics as needed. Took almost 300 tonics to go from 7 to 10 and about a month+ of in game time.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Ugh the dual wield bug really blows. I can't dual wield in any free roam events, and I can't change my outfit when I'm in there to fix it. Seeing as my setup is entirely based around dual wielding it looks like I'm sitting out any non-hunting events until they unfuck it

Does anyone know a fix specifically for the free roam events?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I had my Sawed Off in my right hand holster earlier (because it doesn't clip through the leather that way), and when I did a story mission today, it removed my sawed off, put my Navy in the right hand holster, and then put the Cattleman in my left hand. But I put the Cattleman in the Weapon Locker ages ago, so when I went back to rid myself of the Cattleman, it wouldn't let me get rid off it until I took it out of storage and put it back!

So can you have more than one kind of flavored moonshine going at a time, or do you just purchase one of the selection and let it brew?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Saw my first cheater today. Invincibility and unlimited dynamite arrows in Most Wanted.

Also had somebody make my horse immovable somehow, then he lassoed me, I broke free, beat him to death, he came back and did it again, then went into a saloon, only to have the business end of my shotgun provide the chaser.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

FuturePastNow posted:

there was a race from new york to paris westward in 1908

(the US car won :patriot:)

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Well yeah, horses can't swim that far

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the motorcycle was invented like 14 years before the game takes place, and they actually started to look kind of like modern ones around the turn of the century. it'd be pretty loving sweet to get ours hands on one of these bad boys:

tear rear end through st. denis doing drive-bys with the Mauser and then you die instantly when you collide with a street pole at a blistering 14 miles per hour

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 20, 2019

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dameius posted:

Nah you can do it in chapter 2. It is a lot easier with the 99 satchel. Go kill the fence in Van Horn and then walk out and wait until morning. If you never leave the pier the fence will never respawn. So you just chug three tonics a day and wait until morning. Leave pier to buy more tonics as needed. Took almost 300 tonics to go from 7 to 10 and about a month+ of in game time.

Lmao what? I mean, I understand what you wrote but why does killing the fence help your hair grow???

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
HOW MUCH CAN A HORSE poo poo BEFORE YOU START TO WORRY
HELP

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dongattack posted:

HELP

According to a vet friend of mine it's astonishing that the world is not ankle deep in horse poo poo at all times, take that as you will.

deadseedinside
Jul 6, 2018

Possibly a confused chimpanzee. Approach with caution and snacks.

Orv posted:

According to a vet friend of mine it's astonishing that the world is not ankle deep in horse poo poo at all times, take that as you will.

pretty sure in 1899 it was probably more than ankle deep everywhere.

that's not mud in the streets of Valentine....

Orv
May 4, 2011
The secret truth of the Industrial Revolution was the horse poo poo vacuums that run even today.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Not a fan of the "poison the still" bootlegger missions. 90% of the time there are one point of entry with every angle of approach covered by several dudes within sight of each other so stealth killing them is impossible. If you manage to do that you can't poison the still from a place of hiding so you stand up, reveal yourself to the rest of the guards and it's just a waste of time. Whatever the gently caress "partial" credit is for those things is, it's a stupid mission type. Just let me murder everyone because your stealth mechanics aren't good enough neither is your encounter design, Rockstar.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Jimbot posted:

Not a fan of the "poison the still" bootlegger missions. 90% of the time there are one point of entry with every angle of approach covered by several dudes within sight of each other so stealth killing them is impossible. If you manage to do that you can't poison the still from a place of hiding so you stand up, reveal yourself to the rest of the guards and it's just a waste of time. Whatever the gently caress "partial" credit is for those things is, it's a stupid mission type. Just let me murder everyone because your stealth mechanics aren't good enough neither is your encounter design, Rockstar.

Yeah I tried with the bow a few times but now I just start blasting and try to finish it quickly.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I started shooting dynamite arrows in those situations. Take the still and a few guards out in a glorious explosion.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Dongattack posted:

HELP

In other important horse poo poo updates, make sure you activate Eagle Eye next time your horse is making GBS threads itself

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Jimbot posted:

I didn't even realize you were supposed to stealth it, I assumed detection was inevitable.

deadseedinside
Jul 6, 2018

Possibly a confused chimpanzee. Approach with caution and snacks.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I didn't even realize you were supposed to stealth it, I assumed detection was inevitable.

there's usually exactly one route that you can go in, kill 1 or 2 from behind (or through window) with arrows, and then do the deed.

the stealth and detection generally seems to be RNG though. If there's any doubt for R*, they default to seeing you.

Is it just me or do the Revenue Agents seem to waive you through the roadblocks more often than not with moonshine deliveries? I wonder if it's tied to your honor level or something.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

deadseedinside posted:

there's usually exactly one route that you can go in, kill 1 or 2 from behind (or through window) with arrows, and then do the deed.

the stealth and detection generally seems to be RNG though. If there's any doubt for R*, they default to seeing you.

Is it just me or do the Revenue Agents seem to waive you through the roadblocks more often than not with moonshine deliveries? I wonder if it's tied to your honor level or something.

I don't let them check me, as the only good revenue agent is a dead revenue agent. Just pull up a little short, hop off, and start ventilating those thieves.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Dongattack posted:

HELP

if anything they don't poo poo enough

they only poo poo when standing still in the game

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

I've successfully stealth-poisoned exactly one still and it was in the snowy ruins south of Lake Isabella. Even then I had one or two guys give me the "you're not supposed to be here, leave now" warning, but it miraculously didn't devolve into a shootout when I throwing-knifed the guy watching the still. If they're going to reward stealth over brute force, they need to give us a massive time limit or just eliminate the clock altogether.

For moonshining, do you need to buy the condenser upgrade in order to buy the polished copper upgrade?

Dick Jones fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 20, 2019

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

I don't let them check me, as the only good revenue agent is a dead revenue agent. Just pull up a little short, hop off, and start ventilating those thieves.

:hai: kill em all

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Just rode into New Orleans Saint Denis, and man, it's pretty goddamned cool to walk around a city you grew up in but at a different moment in fictional time..don't try getting around here in a car, for example...at the edge of the French Market on Decatur

Only registered members can see post attachments!

i am harry fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 20, 2019

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

DrNutt posted:

Lmao what? I mean, I understand what you wrote but why does killing the fence help your hair grow???

Your hair doesn't grow with tonic unless you go through a load screen such as from a cart or train ride or sleeping. The longer the in game time the "rest" is, the better. By chaining the wait until morning prompts you are advancing the clock +24 hours in game per trigger and you are getting a load screen to transition with.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

How are they so loving bad at updating their game. I wasn't having any major issues until this update, but now I've had:

- Frequent disconnects (especially at the end of resupply missions).
- Can't dual wield in free roam events. Also randomly unequip offhand holster outside of events.
- Randomly swapping my dual wield weapons around.
- Colors reverting on leather wrap.
- Infinite load screen.
-CTD due to virtual memory (new memory leak?).
-Horses on delivery wagons going into infinite falling down mode until they die. This is triggered by going up a small incline. Just lost $150 thanks to this fuckery.
-Moonshine cabin disappearing, sometimes as I try to enter it.
-Going into cover sometimes just doesn't work.

Seriously what the gently caress

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is it normal for this game to crash a million times online? It’s driving me bananas.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

so buggy... but so good...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hakarne posted:

Also happens with the new cloth wrap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Hakarne posted:

How are they so loving bad at updating their game. I wasn't having any major issues until this update, but now I've had:

- Frequent disconnects (especially at the end of resupply missions).
- Can't dual wield in free roam events. Also randomly unequip offhand holster outside of events.
- Randomly swapping my dual wield weapons around.
- Infinite load screen.
-CTD due to virtual memory (new memory leak?).
-Horses on delivery wagons going into infinite falling down mode until they die. This is triggered by going up a small incline. Just lost $150 thanks to this fuckery.
-Moonshine cabin disappearing, sometimes as I try to enter it.
-Going into cover sometimes just doesn't work.

Seriously what the gently caress

To add to this on Xbox:
Invisible camp (map pin is there but no tables/cripps /etc)
Wildlife spawn bug (eerie riding miles through empty plains )
Just had a random one where I rode to Lagras to fast travel and it didn’t work
(Meter filmed and then just sat there at full until I released the button)