Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Agreed but it feels like they've decided that ladies don't fight on screen in this comic.

Unless I totally forgot a scene somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
After Muteba/Meguro and Cosmo/Akoya, it's probably for the best that women don't fight too much in this series

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So will Karla be head over heels for ryuki, or be put off by the resemblance?

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
She's probably about the same age as him, at least. Ohma was over ten years older (probably, I don't think he has a confirmed age but it's late twenties)

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Two new danberu: https://mangadex.org/title/19600/danberu-nan-kiro-moteru

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Rihito owns

https://mangadex.org/chapter/769669/1

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
I wonder if the mystery fighter is Bando. He seems like the most likely candidate for a name change.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Two jobbers going down in one chapter? What a deal.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Gensai continues to be the best Tsundere in Kengan Ashura Omega.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

That was an excellent conclusion to the matchup and I loved it! Nobody in this thread posted that they were rooting for the loser haha, definitely not this poster posting now at least, nope nope nope.

Though seriously, I love this Mortal Kombat FRIENDSHIP victory

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I liked that his finisher was a simple parry into razors edge, felt like a very kuroki gensai type move. God drat did he look badass at the end there.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Indeed

Rihito could have kept his hand open and ripped of mokichi's face if he had actually finished that move.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm shocked that the return of Kuroki Gensai wasn't him fighting a demon or something.

My money's on Kiryu Setsuna showing up again.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
racism in the first two panels hell yeah

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He loving does! :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

What the heck did I tell you Kokuro? Placing my bets on Setsuna coming back into the fray.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

our boy Rihito is growing up

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I feel like Kokuro’s defeat wouldn’t be that clean if it was Bando or Setsuna. Maybe Hatsumi Sen? But then I’d think Kaede would look more happy.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Don't fail badly in the tournament Rihito, make the Beard proud.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so is this series going to be just the tournament and the outside stuff a final series or do people think we'll get it all in this one?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

RatHat posted:

I feel like Kokuro’s defeat wouldn’t be that clean if it was Bando or Setsuna. Maybe Hatsumi Sen? But then I’d think Kaede would look more happy.

Bando's technique could definitely catch him off guard. He isn't familiar with the annihilation tournament fighters as shown in his fight with ryuki so he wouldn't know about the stretchy arms. Setsuna probably would have powered up by now as well so he could do it too, but I feel like his body would be way more hosed up if he got hit by the twister.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tweet my meat posted:

Bando's technique could definitely catch him off guard. He isn't familiar with the annihilation tournament fighters as shown in his fight with ryuki so he wouldn't know about the stretchy arms. Setsuna probably would have powered up by now as well so he could do it too, but I feel like his body would be way more hosed up if he got hit by the twister.

Yeah I mean clean in the sense that Kokuro’s body doesn’t have any noticeable wounds. I suppose it’s possible Bando or Setsuna have mellowed out and beat him without injuring him.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RatHat posted:

Rei, maybe. Rino didn't want him to fight, so he shouldn't be there.

Kokuro doesn't look like he has any severe wounds, and his expression makes it seem like he was caught off guard, which fits Rei's speedy style and is similar to how Nezumi went out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Has, The Ultimate Jobber, Kuroki Gensai, been in any omakes so far? I don't remember him being in any but my memory is garbage anyway.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why would the reigning champion be a jobber? that's the exact opposite meaning.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think the joke is that everyone kept on assuming Kuroki would job, to Rihito (Ohma's first serious opponent), to Setsuna (Ohma's loving rival), to Rei (who got tons of focus), to Agito (who manhandled Ohma and otherwise came off looking like the final boss) or to Ohma (the main character) but he just kept winning instead of losing.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
It was a pleasant subversion of the usual punchman manga expectations.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

why would the reigning champion be a jobber? that's the exact opposite meaning.

His jobber score was so high that it caused an overflow stack error and resulted in him becoming the Champion. Thus, Ultimate Jobber.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I think the joke is that everyone kept on assuming Kuroki would job, to Rihito (Ohma's first serious opponent), to Setsuna (Ohma's loving rival), to Rei (who got tons of focus), to Agito (who manhandled Ohma and otherwise came off looking like the final boss) or to Ohma (the main character) but he just kept winning instead of losing.

After he beat Setsuna I don’t think anyone was expecting him to lose against Rei, but yeah pretty much.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i want to see kuroki fight again because true to form you legitimately can't tell if he's going to win or not

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Poor Kokuro, now that Rihito's not a jobber anymore someone's got to take his place

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

JosephWongKS posted:

His jobber score was so high that it caused an overflow stack error and resulted in him becoming the Champion. Thus, Ultimate Jobber.

This guy's basically got it. His jobber level is so powerful that everyone he fights loses instead.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Merry Christmas everyone! Kengan Omega has brought you the gift of your favorite fighter back from the first comic!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/774219

Hell yeah it’s *record scratch* meguro?!??

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I legit did not see this coming at all. I don't think anyone did.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I don't care if they will go with cloning and genetic engineering, magic plastic surgery and magic conditioning or even just literal magic, I can't wait for the explanation for all the identical-looking-person weirdness going on here. :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

I don't care if they will go with cloning and genetic engineering, magic plastic surgery and magic conditioning or even just literal magic, I can't wait for the explanation for all the identical-looking-person weirdness going on here. :allears:

It's been 22 years since Meguro and Toyo got together. New Meguro is 21 years old and by all rights isn't insane and clearly can't be the guy who was pronounced dead and had his brain damaged even more and his neck broken. So I suspect we have a cloning situation on our hands as some kind of perfected worm operation because Gaoh being so similar in appearance to Ohma has always stuck out and now we have another kid who looks the same as a dead person.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

It would be nice if Neoguro wasn't insane but for now I aint placing bets on that.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
What the gently caress, that one I didn't see coming, but I'm excited to see where this goes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

What a brilliant fakeout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I am both intrigued and pleased by this development.