Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Tapings were in Atlanta and started during the weekend, he was still in Philly for ROH at the time

Scurll was in Atlanta Saturday for the NWA PPV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grant DaNasty posted:

Scurll was in Atlanta Saturday for the NWA PPV.

And he was in Philly Sunday for ROH at the time the NWA TV tapings happened

idk what else to say besides there were rumors that he was extending with ROH (seems to track with the fact he hasn't been kicked out of his stable yet) and that he was allowed to do a single indy date on the side (seems to be one more NWA title match with Aldis, which tracks with the one PPV tease)

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

And he was in Philly Sunday for ROH at the time the NWA TV tapings happened

Ohh ok. I didn't know that.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Lamuella posted:

I have images of Scott Steiner brainbustering a horse.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Apparently the bald guy shown in the Nightmare Collective videos on Dynamite could very possibly be Canadian wrestler Dr. Luther. Personally know nothing about him.

I hope he uses that ringname in AEW too and then they can say he's a doctor, you know. Of what? Doesn't matter.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Dec 20, 2019

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I thought he killed himself in jail after he realized he committed 20 counts of second degree felony murder.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 20, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one year ago i used spoiler tags in the spoiler thread and was nearly banned for it. now no one even says anything.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cavauro posted:

one year ago i used spoiler tags in the spoiler thread and was nearly banned for it. now no one even says anything.

I shall heed your warning wise brother Cavauro and remove the spoiler tags.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

Apparently the bald guy shown in the Nightmare Collective videos on Dynamite could very possibly be Canadian wrestler Dr. Luther. Personally know nothing about him.

I hope he uses that ringname in AEW too and then they can say he's a doctor, you know. Of what? Doesn't matter.

If it's THAT Dr. Luther, then he's a friend of Jericho's from way back. Jericho talks about him performing in NJPW when Jericho/Storm were there in his first book. I think, I could be wrong, that they all went to the same wrestling school around the same time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think he's also friends with Callis and Omega.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Dr. Luther gets talked up so much by those guys.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
In Googling Dr. Luther I learned:

1) He seems to have broken in on the Canadian indies with Chris Jericho and Lance Storm

2) He was Chris Jericho's best man at his wedding in 2000

2a) Jericho apparently invited a Japanese superfan/host/sponsor named Masa to his wedding, who posted a bunch of photos here. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a 12 year old Fat rear end Masa.

3) Dr. Luther was involved with the Wrestling Retribution Project if anyone remembers that. Did any footage at all of this come out, with Kenny Omega playing Scott "The Cornerstone" Carpenter?

3a) Wait did Gallows and Anderson meet on Wrestling Retribution Project?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

extradite THIS! posted:

I hope he's a dentist. Wrestling needs a dentist.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Jesus, that Wrestling Retribution thing has a hell of a roster. Adam Pearce, Chris Hero, Gallows, Anderson, Omega, Amazing Red, Colt Cabana, Joey Ryan... And Devitt and Spears were apparently booked as well?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Gaz-L posted:

Jesus, that Wrestling Retribution thing has a hell of a roster. Adam Pearce, Chris Hero, Gallows, Anderson, Omega, Amazing Red, Colt Cabana, Joey Ryan... And Devitt and Spears were apparently booked as well?

and then Jeff Katz just buggered off with all the footage. I have a friend who was a backer and attended the tapings who's still a bit sore about that one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

drat that's a great roster and also Shawn Spears.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

drat that's a great roster and also Shawn Spears.

He's a good hand.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bring back Das Nihilist

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AEW Dark for Jan 7:

Chuck Taylor is guest commentator for the episode

Austin and Billy Gunn defeat Shawn Spears and Preston Vance
Awesome Kong defeats Skyler Moore
SCU (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky) defeat The Hybrid 2 (Angelico and Jack Evans) and Kip Sabian (with Penelope Ford)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
looks like a bad episode of dark

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

KungFu Grip posted:

looks like a bad episode of dark

Miss me with the bullshit, guy.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

That main will be fun. Weird they didn’t add a fourth match though, since I assume the King match isn’t going to be more than a minute.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Miss me with the bullshit, guy.

Dont know how you see rear end Man & son vs 10 Guy & ??? and a Kong squash as good good wrestling like some of the other Darks

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Yeah it sounds like one of the more missable episodes of Dark but Chuckie T is on commentary so I'm gonna watch it

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

extradite THIS! posted:

Yeah it sounds like one of the more missable episodes of Dark

Need to get your eyes checked, friendo.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The main looks great but the other matches look fine but unmemorable

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It makes sense to me, normally you’d have a member of the Elite not wrestling on Dynamite to anchor the big match for Dark, and SCU (the tag team champions and Daniels) are not as good a look as King of Dark Kenny Omega or a Bucks tag match.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Huge missed opportunity by AEW not calling him Billy Son.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

KungFu Grip posted:

Dont know how you see rear end Man & son vs 10 Guy & ??? and a Kong squash as good good wrestling like some of the other Darks

Jesus Christ... You can't go around calling people Darks...

What is wrong with you dude!?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Creeper-Americans

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They should call them The Dark Order and never feature them on the A-Show, then they'd have a gimmick

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

They should call them The Dark Order and never feature them on the A-Show, then they'd have a gimmick

Actually yes. Let's keep them on YouTube. Maybe even on a less watched channel.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

We should change the thread title imo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Spoilers thread - Roque was wrong

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Spoilers Thread - Meltzer can’t be right ALL the time!

Comedy option: Spoilers Thread - #1 Scoopsgal Rarity reporting in!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

:perfect:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I endorse Rarity's use of the term gal. She's the best gal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sportsgenius86 posted:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

how about "the spoilers thread" or "spoiler thread" , something like that could work