Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

oh my god this game day is only half over

is jokephase dead yet? can we buckle down?

how do we start this? gulag tried by randomly picking me but gulag is one of the vote leaders so it didn't exactly stick

i think we have to eliminate all the mafiascum rejects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

also anyone australian or australian-adjacent. hal too.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

also anyone australian or australian-adjacent. hal too.

you’ll destroy this community

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

what are we without Hal?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

unfortunately there r a lot of people with little to no content on the table that i am unwilling to kill right now. i think the best vote would be one of the two people voting me who aren't dancer. in addition to saying bad things, this would make sure they never vote me again, and they would probably be so ashamed of the outcome that they would apologize to me and paypal me real money.

the other option is killing steak since, in terms of impact on the game, he's essentially imgay with more artifice.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont even know what that means but im offended.

real talk is ive been lurking because of a combination of really bad organization in my irl life, and theres a lot of stuff to sift through in this super long d1. generally when i try to make content happen artificially, i get lunched so ive ditched that method. ive been reading thread but genuinely dont have anything to say.

about last game, im sorry i accidentally ruined mylo for everybody but i feel bad about it so please dont policy vote me for that

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

the other option is killing steak since, in terms of impact on the game, he's essentially imgay with more artifice.

Mr. Steak posted:

i dont even know what that means but im offended.

lmao

i already miss imgay, RIP, but that's an unfair comparison and inaccurate i think

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote gulag

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

i think we have to eliminate all the mafiascum rejects

I have no idea who those people even are

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Yeah kind of funny that my vote got so much traction from semi-lurkers.

Crazy world out there. *sips coffee*

Name and shame please. I'd like to hear you putting down some specific opinions on folks, if you don't mind.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Leith Maclaine posted:

I am thinking of it as an enjoyable move and I really doubt AA is going to drop an obvious tell over the first couple of days so I am appreciating his effort.

I watch vote patterns and shifts in votes usually and d1 is mostly noise to me unless someone does a really bad claim.

So I'm enjoying his work and plan on enjoying it thru a couple of days until I have enough data to work with.

Amnistar posted:

"I'm not going to participate in the game day 1 unless something comes up that is clearly defensible later on in the day"

Yea, definately happy with my vote.

This is an overly nitpicky and uncharitable read, but that's on brand for what I've seen from Amni in this game and others. What I don't like is the +1 from Paul that goes along with it.

Paul ReiserFS posted:

That's A Yikes From Me

(agreeing here)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

And I don't like you.

Leith's post is literally self-defense for something nobody is attacking him on (yet)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
People spending time prodding Birb about the lie detect, I suggest you find something new to focus on. If it was real he would have followed it up with a vote given the "result" - so wasting more time on this is just coming across as an easy way to fake content.

These are two that jumped out at me while rereading this morning, I'm sure there's more I missed.

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Bern -- can you clearly explain your lie detector thing, and whether it's shitposting or not?

Nep-Nep posted:

Bern- I'm glad someone else asked for bern to clarify about whether or not the lie detector claim was shitposting or not. With the post full of images I wrote it off but now that it's been asked about I'd like to have this clarified too.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nep-Nep posted:

Hal- feel like Hal's been posting but hasn't really engaged, voted podima and when someone else justified their vote with it just being a feeling kinda "yeah me too"'d at that and I don't really like that

Bern- I'm glad someone else asked for bern to clarify about whether or not the lie detector claim was shitposting or not. With the post full of images I wrote it off but now that it's been asked about I'd like to have this clarified too.

Leith- I was initially bothered by the way she expressed willingness to vote squiggly and the clarification and posting since hasn't made me feel better

AA- the actual content of the posting seems fine, I mostly came from the angle of trying to determine "is the devotion to flavor an attempt to get away with saying nothing while using lots of words?" and I am of the opinion that no, I'm reading AA as town right now without regard for the flavor.

Tommu- just kinda noting that Tommu's only real contribution to the game has been to ask "why?" in response to something, which was answered but no engagement has come from that since.

Paul ReiserFS and Podima have been more active and I feel I need to give them a closer look, which I haven't done yet aside from reading the posts in the thread in order.

This is a Good Post generally, especially the stuff on AA instead of just getting hung up on his flavor shitposting. Definitely interested to see your closer look at Paul and me.

(Leith - what are your pronouns? I realized I don't actually know. Same for you, Nep.)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Paul ReiserFS posted:

And I don't like you.

Leith's post is literally self-defense for something nobody is attacking him on (yet)

:neet:

Podima posted:

People spending time prodding Birb about the lie detect, I suggest you find something new to focus on. If it was real he would have followed it up with a vote given the "result" - so wasting more time on this is just coming across as an easy way to fake content.

These are two that jumped out at me while rereading this morning, I'm sure there's more I missed.

Both of these officers, strike me as the kind of officers who would sincerely pursue birb for factual truth even though his specialty is subterfuge. That's just my two cents, detective.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:goofy:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Leith, who are you feeling for scum? I'm looking at your posting compared to previous games where you were town (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903965&userid=222482) and you're a lot more hands-off and noncommittal here compared to before. There's enough votes made in seriousness for you to analyze if that's your thing, I'd think.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Both of these officers, strike me as the kind of officers who would sincerely pursue birb for factual truth even though his specialty is subterfuge. That's just my two cents, detective.

Ehh I don't necessarily agree but it's a fair point. Still worth noting.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

(ooc: sorry the concept is synonymous with the gif in my mind now, probably forever.)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Amnistar posted:

I have the ability to kill people.

FYI now that it's been made clear Amni was fishing for a FALSE result here, I like that a whole lot and won't vote him today. Same lines as Dancer, it's a good reaction to a lie detector threat.

Squiggly posted:

What kind of softclaim bullshit is this

##vote amnistar

Squiggly posted:

Look at me I'm ~valuable~ town

Squiggly posted:

That's my impression of amnistar in case anyone wants to misattribute like you illiterate pieces of poo poo would

Call me crazy but if a townie reads Amni's claim, isn't the first impulse "is that a scumclaim" rather than "whoa look at this valuable town claim"? Does Squiggly already know Amni's alignment?

##vote Squiggly

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Podima posted:

Call me crazy but if a townie reads Amni's claim, isn't the first impulse "is that a scumclaim" rather than "whoa look at this valuable town claim"?

No, I read it as a claim of vig, paranoid gun owner, or similar (or fakeclaim of same). Doesn't read as scum / SK to me.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

FYI now that it's been made clear Amni was fishing for a FALSE result here, I like that a whole lot and won't vote him today. Same lines as Dancer, it's a good reaction to a lie detector threat.

i dont like it. risking a lie detect being used on your post is just about the safest gambit a scum can make. first of all the lie detector claim was transparently false anyway, but even if it wasnt, who would even think its likely for the person to use their presumably 1-shot power on day 1 at all? as someone who, as you know, recently modded a game with a lie detector role in it, i know how eager scum are to post pretending they want to get tested, because the risk is so low for the amount of town cred it gives you. and besides that game, my only other experience with the role even being mentioned, was of course a moment i'll never forget in avengers mafia, when the soon-to-be-dunked sk taste was begging for "if there's a lie detector, test me that im not scum". so no i very much do not read amni's response as townie.

that said tho, your point on swuiggs is intriguing... i highly doubt it's a smoking gun, but interesting nonetheless

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

i dont like it. risking a lie detect being used on your post is just about the safest gambit a scum can make. first of all the lie detector claim was transparently false anyway, but even if it wasnt, who would even think its likely for the person to use their presumably 1-shot power on day 1 at all? as someone who, as you know, recently modded a game with a lie detector role in it, i know how eager scum are to post pretending they want to get tested, because the risk is so low for the amount of town cred it gives you. and besides that game, my only other experience with the role even being mentioned, was of course a moment i'll never forget in avengers mafia, when the soon-to-be-dunked sk taste was begging for "if there's a lie detector, test me that im not scum". so no i very much do not read amni's response as townie.

Ya this is what I was getting at earlier.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Steak posted:

that said tho, your point on swuiggs is intriguing... i highly doubt it's a smoking gun, but interesting nonetheless

I made it as a snap post in response to someone claiming to have the ability to detect lies. I figured that there would be limitations to alignment posts, so I though, what is the best way to clear up that you're not on a team opposing town. That involves nightkills so I posted that I can kill people.

I had sasumed that the instant a lie detector claim caame out, *everyone* would post something similiar, and allow the lie detector to choose what post to detect. And the fact that the ability was claimed told me it was going to get used.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

No, I read it as a claim of vig, paranoid gun owner, or similar (or fakeclaim of same). Doesn't read as scum / SK to me.

Let me clarify here - it doesn't read as a scum claim to me. It does read as not a great townie move.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

People I think are town:
2 imp - would like to see more analysis than just of gulag, but does have opinions that are being put down based on activity.

Anomalous Amalgam - He's the cheif.

Dancer - I buy the miller claim

Mr. Steak - The analysis so far feels genuine.

Podima - I like the most recent posts a lot.

People I think are not town:
Bernstrike - The lie detector reads as bullshit to me, and it's too much bullshit as a town for me to accept. Especially sincce they're re-inforcing thata it's not joking around.

GulagDolls - Lost of posts, no actual content. Is actively eengaging in the thread without playing the game.

Mr. Humalong - Don't like the call to "buckle down" without then following up to buckle down.

Leith Maclaine - Go back through my post history, it's not massive case.

Sandwolf - Gulag naield this one, calling out aa lurker when you're aa lurker is bad enough, but then posted that they were trying to get into the game, and then...nothing.

People that don't have strong opinions on:
Hal
Nep-Nep
Squiggly
Paul ReiserFS
Tommu

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

People I think are town:
2 imp - would like to see more analysis than just of gulag, but does have opinions that are being put down based on activity.

Bernstrike - The lie detector reads as bullshit to me, and it's too much bullshit as a town for me to accept. Especially sincce they're re-inforcing thata it's not joking around.

GulagDolls - Lost of posts, no actual content. Is actively eengaging in the thread without playing the game.

Mr. Humalong - Don't like the call to "buckle down" without then following up to buckle down.

Sandwolf - Gulag naield this one, calling out aa lurker when you're aa lurker is bad enough, but then posted that they were trying to get into the game, and then...nothing.

Hal
Nep-Nep
Squiggly
Paul ReiserFS
Tommu

the fact that you accidentally called aa a lurker twice in the same sentence is hilarious

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

the fact that you accidentally called aa a lurker twice in the same sentence is hilarious

My coputer keyboard has a sticky a key ><

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Amnistar posted:

People I think are town:

Hal
Nep-Nep
Squiggly
Paul ReiserFS
Tommu

Seems like a scummy post to me. Lots of opinions, but included within is praise for mr. steak and me, both of whom disliked the nightkilling softclaim.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Your read of gulag is not great. This is the most I’ve seen out of Gulag wrt stating opinions in a long time

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

Your read of gulag is not great.

Agreed with this as well. Gonna go ahead and ##vote Amnistar.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Seems like a scummy post to me. Lots of opinions, but included within is praise for mr. steak and me, both of whom disliked the nightkilling softclaim.

I thought I was being helpful and plying a lie detector, but your points about why it was bad play aren't wrong.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

Your read of gulag is not great. This is the most I’ve seen out of Gulag wrt stating opinions in a long time

This is my first game with Gulag so...I can't really take that into consideration?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Amnistar posted:

I thought I was being helpful and plying a lie detector, but your points about why it was bad play aren't wrong.

I get you. And if this was more than day 1, my gut feel might not be enough for a vote. But for now, it's the strongest read I have.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Podima posted:

Hey Leith, who are you feeling for scum? I'm looking at your posting compared to previous games where you were town (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903965&userid=222482) and you're a lot more hands-off and noncommittal here compared to before. There's enough votes made in seriousness for you to analyze if that's your thing, I'd think.

Ehh I don't necessarily agree but it's a fair point. Still worth noting.

Question #1 for earlier, Male Pronouns for me are fine. Thank you

As for me being more hands off, RL has been busy (new legal poo poo with ex and the last couple of days I have been filling out interrogatories on top of the normal year end IT projects) and I am trying to learn patience in Mafia.

Scum reads right now, on little information but I was directly asked.

The vote movement isn't much, and no one has shifted a lot. Please shifting a lot are:

AA, Gulag, Podima, and Mr. H

This can be explained a couple of ways,

1) It is Day 1 and there is a lot of poo poo testing going on and defensive reactions.

I put AA and Gulag in this category.

You (Podima) are shifting between 2 people so that doesn't mean that much. You can honestly think they are both scum.

Mr. H however, the vote on CPig troubles me. Yes I know Cpig was still on the votefinder but Cpig hadn't posted anything to react to. It wasn't a declared active lurker vote and it was a shift off of a vote on Mr. Steak. It looks to be purely a vote to see if anyone else would join in.

Meta/Game Play Reads

BernStrike- Lie Detector play bothers me
Mr. Steak - They haven't made a mistake yet and that is very un steak like. It might be small sample size but I am not sure I've seen steak play without making mistakes (Like I am one to talk, the one who stepped on the land mine last game, and also convinced everyone to vote for b- on the game before that)
Dancer - claiming Miller again

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Amnistar posted:

This is my first game with Gulag so...I can't really take that into consideration?

no it isn't. this would be wrong in a vacuum too though.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

no it isn't. this would be wrong in a vacuum too though.

Honestly the only names I recognize from when I used to play are Hal, Quid and Lumpen. Sorry :(

And disagree, when reading through your post history I see very little actual content and a poo poo ton of posts.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

not sure why people are voting amni for that specifically though. he's not using it as justification 2 vote me.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

not sure why people are voting amni for that specifically though. he's not using it as justification 2 vote me.

Blehh. Dont like this. I put you on my scum list, I only have 1 vote. If you think it's a poo poo read dont excuse it because I have a vote on someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

no I just misread your list, which I now think is stupid