Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i think i like that immediate reaction to my post though

Podima posted:

FYI now that it's been made clear Amni was fishing for a FALSE result here, I like that a whole lot and won't vote him today. Same lines as Dancer, it's a good reaction to a lie detector threat.

Call me crazy but if a townie reads Amni's claim, isn't the first impulse "is that a scumclaim" rather than "whoa look at this valuable town claim"? Does Squiggly already know Amni's alignment?

##vote Squiggly

this isn't how I read squiggly's vote at all, but his vote itself (to the exclusion of everything else in the game) doesn't make sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think Amnistar is town, though it’s ludicrous to me to have so many reads that quickly into D1.

I think Podima has been consistent. I think steak is coming off as genuine.

I don’t have many reads or anything right now so I’m trying to put them down as I have them.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

What about Podima's consistency (consistent w/r/t...logical axioms???) on day 1, the earliest day of all, makes you feel whichaway about his alignment.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

Mr. Steak - They haven't made a mistake yet and that is very un steak like.

wow rude lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

What about Podima's consistency (consistent w/r/t...logical axioms???) on day 1, the earliest day of all, makes you feel whichaway about his alignment.

It’s a glorified gut read, his tone has felt consistent

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

like did you really read me saying as “Podima has been consistent” as a strong alignment read worthy of dissecting? I think he’s been townie because of that consistence, but I’d hardly jump in front of a bullet for him.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I don't know, did I say it's a strong read worthy of dissecting? do you see that? anywhere? my question was 1. how can you infer anything from a consistent tone, especially on day 1, and now 2. if it's nota read and just a comment on his...Tone..... then...um... this seems like a weird thing to force yourself to post, on your list of reads of 3 people in the game.

also ##vote squiggly

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the scum team is amnistar, leith, and everyone else who’s made uncomfortable by my incredible lie detector powers, which have easily been the town play of the game so far

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
if you’re town you’d have nothing to worry about

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
[quote="2 penny bottle imp" post="500969465"]
Agreed with this as well. Gonna go ahead and ##vote Amnistar.
[/quote

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Bernstrike posted:

if you’re town you’d have nothing to worry about

I have nothing to worry about.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amnistar posted:

People I think are not town:
Bernstrike - The lie detector reads as bullshit to me, and it's too much bullshit as a town for me to accept. Especially sincce they're re-inforcing thata it's not joking around.

Bernstrike posted:

lie detector was 100% legit confirmed and not just some gifs from the wire, anyone who disagrees is not keeping it 100 imgay style

:thunk:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

I don't know, did I say it's a strong read worthy of dissecting? do you see that? anywhere? my question was 1. how can you infer anything from a consistent tone, especially on day 1, and now 2. if it's nota read and just a comment on his...Tone..... then...um... this seems like a weird thing to force yourself to post, on your list of reads of 3 people in the game.

also ##vote squiggly

I am forcing myself to post, I’ve already mentioned a strained investment in this game. I’m trying to post and talk about what I think. I just don’t think much of this game so far.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amnistar committed the same sin of a bullshit wish-washy opinion list that I gave AA grief for. Calling Bern's post "re-inforcing" is the closest thing to an outright lie I've seen thus far. Their Podima vote and backoff was bullshit of the highest order.

Amnistar #2 to Gulag on my vote list.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
*shrug*

Read the response as a confirmation to asking if the lie detetor was legit. Don't know what the imgay stuff is about. I'm guessing I'm missing some subtext there.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Podima posted:

Call me crazy but if a townie reads Amni's claim, isn't the first impulse "is that a scumclaim" rather than "whoa look at this valuable town claim"? Does Squiggly already know Amni's alignment?

##vote Squiggly

Do you not understand sarcasm

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

oh it was sarcasm....that makes it all good then

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

GulagDolls posted:

i think i like that immediate reaction to my post though

this isn't how I read squiggly's vote at all, but his vote itself (to the exclusion of everything else in the game) doesn't make sense to me.

Soft claims are scummy

It is the worst thing that's been posted today by far

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

GulagDolls (3): Amnistar, 2 penny bottle imp, Dancer, Amnistar, Paul ReiserFS, Anomalous Amalgam, 2 penny bottle imp
Bernstrike (3): Bernstrike, Bernstrike, Tommu, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Steak
Amnistar (3): Squiggly, 2 penny bottle imp, Bernstrike
Leith Maclaine (3): Amnistar, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep
Squiggly (2): Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, GulagDolls
Nep-Nep (1): Sandwolf
Paul ReiserFS (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Hal Incandenza (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Mr. Humalong (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Mr. Steak (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Bernstrike, Bernstrike
Sandwolf (0): Bernstrike, Bernstrike
2 penny bottle imp (0): Bernstrike, GulagDolls, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Bernstrike, GulagDolls, Podima
Podima (0): Amnistar, Amnistar

Not Voting (1): Leith Maclaine

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 21st, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Squiggly posted:

Soft claims are scummy

It is the worst thing that's been posted today by far

yea, except it wasn't a soft claim, so that logic doesn't hold.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i don't buy that softclaims are inherently scummy. especially not fake ones.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

also ignoring everything else 2 continue to focus on that is a bit...well....lets call it... Bad

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##unvote

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Can someone who has played with bernstrike before confirm if this level of aggressiveness is normal? I don't think I have played in a game with BernStrike?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

Can someone who has played with bernstrike before confirm if this level of aggressiveness is normal? I don't think I have played in a game with BernStrike?

he's discount gulag

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

It seems like a high risk high reward style of play, and coming out that quickly identifies someone that scum can target to remove a power role early. Of course if there is a doc, they could protect, etc etc etc. I just seems a bit early and aggressive to me and I would save that knowledge until later.

Oh well, just not my style.

shrug

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

he's discount gulag

Another unfair comparison. Birb is an Aus Treasure, but I agree that he also plays 5th dimensional chess

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no doc in their right mind would protect a claim like that

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Unless they think everyone thinks the doc won't do that. And eventually you get into 193rd dimensional chess where everyone is confused.

And this is why I take shitpost day with a grain of salt.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

good point. Im going to protect him

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sandwolf posted:

like did you really read me saying as “Podima has been consistent” as a strong alignment read worthy of dissecting? I think he’s been townie because of that consistence, but I’d hardly jump in front of a bullet for him.

This seems overly defensive when your comment about Podima made no alignment call either way (though one can infer that consistent and no other comment indicates not a scum read, I suppose).

I do agree with the premise that Podima comes off townie to me , opened the game with an icebreaker and Podima has been forthcoming with opinions and questions.

AA and Podima are my top town reads right now.

PaulReiserFS gives off similar vibes to Podima but I feel kinda null on him, but not for a really deep reason. Right now I'm not seeing anything scummy in his posting and I don't want to vote for him today.

I'm changing my vote to imp based on the response to Amnistar's read post:

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Seems like a scummy post to me. Lots of opinions, but included within is praise for mr. steak and me, both of whom disliked the nightkilling softclaim.

Amnistar explained the reason for this, imp responded:

I get you. And if this was more than day 1, my gut feel might not be enough for a vote. But for now, it's the strongest read I have.

So this makes me raise an eyebrow on its own but I wasn't sure how to feel about it but then I remembered something from imp's earlier play today.

Gulag has omgus! 2x in 1 page, so...

Shading Gulag for an OMGUS, but then later calling Amnistar scummy for essentially not doing the same. While positions about specific players and reads often can change over the course of a developing game day, this seems like an incosistency in how one reads approach to being suspected, and I don't think imp's posting wrt this is sincere as a result.

##vote imp

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Podima posted:

(Leith - what are your pronouns? I realized I don't actually know. Same for you, Nep.)

separate post because this isn't really about the game but I'm a she/her

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'd vote imp...but for my OWN reasons.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Are my eyes just straight up missing or does Tommu have a vote on Bernstrike but no posts containing that vote.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mr. Steak posted:

he's discount gulag

:wrong: im a more expensive Inf

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nep-Nep posted:

Are my eyes just straight up missing or does Tommu have a vote on Bernstrike but no posts containing that vote.

it appears his vote for podima was mapped to bern, for whatever reason (there is no logged tommu vote for pod in votefinder)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I don’t think I’m voting steak at the moment but I would.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it in fact appears bern has "podima" as an alias, and votefinder may prioritize that over actual podima lmao. let me test it ##vote podima

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well that one went to real podima so..... idfk ##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh wait, podima wasnt in votefinder when tommu originally voted.

this is dumb lol