Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My mom gets me a flannel just about every year for Christmas. Although I doubt they're from Costco. Maybe I should have a peek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My mom gets me a flannel just about every year for Christmas. Although I doubt they're from Costco. Maybe I should have a peek.

You should. They are absolutely awesome.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The flannels this year seem to kind of suck and be flimsy, either that or i missed the good ones already. but i got some excellent A+ ones last year and the year before. just nice thick beefy and comfy flan'

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Went there, forgot to look at the flannels. Whoops.

Well I did get my queen sized sherpa and it's tan. This is my 2nd one now. I also got some frozen yakisoba noodles and Jimmy Dean Delight breakfast sandwiches. Also gas. Premium :smug:

And of course...

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That Ham Mites poo poo was because dude left the ham in a loving toolshed, right?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

The flannels this year seem to kind of suck and be flimsy, either that or i missed the good ones already. but i got some excellent A+ ones last year and the year before. just nice thick beefy and comfy flan'

My costco still had the Jachs ones. Just kinda off to the side. They really wanted people to buy these other branded flannels, but they are too flimsy and not BEEFY enough like the Jachs.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

My costco still had the Jachs ones. Just kinda off to the side. They really wanted people to buy these other branded flannels, but they are too flimsy and not BEEFY enough like the Jachs.

I looked last night and I didn't see any :mad: i think you're right its the jachs brand, but im also wearing a Grayers brand flannel rn i got last year and it's also good, tho not quite as good as the jachs i think

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Came home with another sherpa throw. My dog didn't have one yet. :colbert:

Speaking of, ultimate sherpa hoodie blankets in 2 packs. https://www.costco.com/the-comfy-hooded-blanketsweatshirt%2c-2-pack.product.100461286.html

Gonna be a cozy winter.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I really did think the sherpa thing was over hyped for a long time. I was blind, but now I see.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Tim Whatley posted:

Came home with another sherpa throw. My dog didn't have one yet. :colbert:

Speaking of, ultimate sherpa hoodie blankets in 2 packs. https://www.costco.com/the-comfy-hooded-blanketsweatshirt%2c-2-pack.product.100461286.html

Gonna be a cozy winter.

I just learned that I can log into my Mom's account and place online orders and deliver to my house and pay with my card :psyduck: my lady friend loves cozy poo poo and im a cheap gently caress that doesn't like to turn up the heat. These things cool?

I always wanted a sherpa blanket but it would be destroyed with cat hair in about 3 weeks so I never got one.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

FilthyImp posted:

That Ham Mites poo poo was because dude left the ham in a loving toolshed, right?

It is cured meat, so storing it at cool room temperature (70F) is ideal. Also not in a place crawling with insects and animals.

I also plan to return the ham bone for a full refund.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I want to buy one for my mom for Christmas, but she keeps her house at a loving blazing 78 degrees. Would it just get ruined over a week?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

SirPablo posted:

I also plan to return the ham bone for a full refund.

Along with your Christmas tree, you monster?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Thank you thread, for I have finally tried Bitchin' Sauce. It's amazing. It's so drat tasty!

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
I went to my local 'Co hoping to score a discounted serrano ham, but they were all gone. They did have the Iberico ham for $100 off, but I didn't want it $399 worth.

I was pleased to see that they have the Kirkland 5W-30 in stock now, so I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

PBUC

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

BaconCopter posted:

Thank you thread, for I have finally tried Bitchin' Sauce. It's amazing. It's so drat tasty!

:blessed:

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Going to get my prescription glasses at C___c_ later. I might try the turkey sandwich. I feel so empty inside.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

milkingmycow posted:

Going to get my prescription glasses at C___c_ later. I might try the turkey sandwich. I feel so empty inside.

You'll feel less empty when you're filled with C__c_

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'm gonna try to hunt down a discount ham after work today. 75 is too good of a deal to pass up

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Bought Sherpa blankets for the kids and my wife... everybody all lined up on the couch all snuggly and warm.

Also saw a dude buying forty of the spiral hams to go give out free to people who need the help...a nice touch.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Saw a guy buying 40 pairs of shoes once to give out

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No serrano jamon at the Concord costco, they only had the fancier ham :( It wasn't even on sale either

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Saw a guy buying 40 pairs of shoes once to give out

thats a good person

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costco's seasoned prime rib roast might be my favorite thing they sell. Its incredible.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Chinatown posted:

Costco's seasoned prime rib roast might be my favorite thing they sell. Its incredible.

Is it a take and roast? What weight range is it? Goddamn I love prime rib

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Is it a take and roast? What weight range is it? Goddamn I love prime rib

Its preseasoned and raw. Comes with cooking instructions on the label. This was last years.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Chinatown posted:

Its preseasoned and raw. Comes with cooking instructions on the label. This was last years.

Goddamn. I don't care that it's Costco-sized, I need one of those.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Eating a kraut dog now, not a big fan of it. Too wet, at least the tub they gave me.

I think I'll order a second one to see how it is.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Chinatown posted:

How much was it? Looks great.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Gat drat that looks amazing I will check for that next time I go.

Sometimes I get those microwaveable pot roasts that are doused in salty gravy, they are kinda gross but also kinda good?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Meridian posted:

How much was it? Looks great.

Fairly expensive. Between 50 and 100 dollars iirc.

Its alot of meat to take, if you aren't prepared.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

binge crotching posted:

Eating a kraut dog now, not a big fan of it. Too wet, at least the tub they gave me.

I think I'll order a second one to see how it is.

I don't understand this. Sauerkraut is wet. If the tub is filled with liquid, then don't dump it on your dog. Pick the kraut out of it and place it on the dog. :confused:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Opened it up last evening. Letting it air out a day before I make my first slice.

Here's a video from the company on recommended slicing method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKUs-VGa534

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Went to the 'Co today and it was pleasant and friendly! That's a far cry from the one time I went pre-Thanksgiving and people were losing their minds before they even picked up a cart.

Got a nice plaid(!) sherpa blanket for a friend, and one of those Pendleton wool jackets for the missus. She's got a peacoat, but this looks sharp and is just a little lighter. They had them in red, but only in small, which is a little too small. Plenty of the cheaper of the mounted hams in the back. Oh, got a little 5lb. carvery ham, too. They're just the right size, and I think they turn out better than the spiral sliced ones I'd bought for years.

The thread keeps talking about this Bitchin' sauce, but I've yet to find it (Oregon). I assume it's cold, and kept somewhere around the guac and hummus.

Did not partake in communion; I made a London broil last night and had thinly sliced leftovers piled on some sourdough waiting for me at home.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Just picked up 9 lbs of prime standing rib roast (not the seasoned one). $16.99/lb. Can't wait to take all that meat.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My co has prime, choice, and non-rated rib roasts. What a variety.

Going back to get one in a few days. Picked up a rack of pork for Sunday.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
So my dad went to Costco today and asked the butcher regarding the seasoned rib roast. He advised do not buy sooner than 3 days before cooking the roast to ensure its properly fresh.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I don't understand this. Sauerkraut is wet. If the tub is filled with liquid, then don't dump it on your dog. Pick the kraut out of it and place it on the dog. :confused:

Yeah, I just tipped it out and poured it on top, so mostly all I tasted was vinegar.

By the time I was ready for the second dog the line was 30ish people waiting in the rain, so I gave up on a retry. Next time I'll use a fork and just scoop it out.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Chinatown posted:

Jesus Christ I want that meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

binge crotching posted:

Yeah, I just tipped it out and poured it on top, so mostly all I tasted was vinegar.

By the time I was ready for the second dog the line was 30ish people waiting in the rain, so I gave up on a retry. Next time I'll use a fork and just scoop it out.

There is no vinegar in sauerkraut