Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, after Javelin, Kaga is my next goal, but I saw you can get Ayanami from some levels. I also need to complete some side quests.

You might have been misreading the chart. If you're playing on the English servers, you only get Ayanami by getting all the starter destroyers (Z-23, Javelin, and Laffey) and max limit breaking them. Hopefully you'll have some luck with Javelin soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Twelve by Pies posted:

Still haven't had much luck getting Inazuma yet.
This but Ikazuchi :argh:

Dehry posted:

The number of times Purifier has shown up now in Azur Lane media recently, I had to double check she wasn't an available character.
I kind of wish they were, because I like their designs (mostly because their equipment is based on actual sea creatures, instead of like... human teeth and arms and poo poo like Kantai Collection's Abyssals have).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nipponophile posted:

You might have been misreading the chart. If you're playing on the English servers, you only get Ayanami by getting all the starter destroyers (Z-23, Javelin, and Laffey) and max limit breaking them. Hopefully you'll have some luck with Javelin soon!

Oh! I didn't notice the JP on her icon. Well, nuts, i guess its back to 3-4 then.

I've gotten so many Laffy and z23s. They just get retired into the razor blade factory.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
For PR2 I'm starting with Azuma, she looks real good and ties in with the exp bonus for the Sakura ships. Double reason to grind is always nice and the lowest level ship is 71 so it shouldn't be too horrible either.
On that note I'd reiterate to anyone newish to AL, do commissions all the time. It all adds up and now after however long the EN server has been going for I have no ships under L70 any more. All down to commission grinding.

I bought the lucky bag (it seems decent value compared to just getting gems) and it gave me the Concord skin. Not what I would have picked but w/e. BTW, if you look at the Wakaba skin in the shop, thye chibi version has the moustache ;)

Aw hell, there's a new Neptune skin too. Holding up a little warspite in a box. I may need to give in and get that one.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

pr2 dropped sooner than i thought

oh well sorry monarch you're eternally 1.2 mil xp away from finishing because it's weird french robot time

Ratzap posted:

Aw hell, there's a new Neptune skin too. Holding up a little warspite in a box. I may need to give in and get that one.

i dont often buy skins because i feel like i have to actively use the ship to make a skin worth it

i use the hell out of neptune and now shes hella festive :3:

e: theres all sorts of girls in that little box depending on what shes saying - i spy warspite, queen elizabeth, mini xmas neptune (:kimchi:), santa manjuu, and one other i cant recognize

UHD fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 19, 2019

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally, I can pull Jean Bart out of storage.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Time to grind FDG for a year. Luckily I'll have plenty of time to PR2 over the holidays.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i cant tell who this is supposed to be

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Mutsuki probably.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

how can you not tell mutsuki's dumb !? face

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Alright, got Kaga, and then my one build got me Ooshi, which is nice because i have 2 skins for her.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

how can you not tell mutsuki's dumb !? face

im not a mutsukiologist ok

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Yuubari Retro is coming. A nice bonus to anyone still slugging away at Ibuki, or going for Azuma/Kitakaze now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

UHD posted:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

UHD posted:

Anyway I guess I'll go for the big gal herself and grind FDG when I get around to it, I'm going to finish Monarch first though, no idea how much longer I have on her because I refuse to look.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
So I decided to come back to this game after being gone for a long time. I'm working on Monarch, and the exp grind doesn't seem so bad, I'm already half way through the first 1m exp in the 5 days I've been back. Is a RN fleet of Liz/Hood/Lusty and Belfast/Edinburgh/Ajax still pretty good? I was thinking about replacing Ajax or Edinburgh with a retrofitted London once I get her leveled up, would that be a good choice?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Retro Londo with a Single 138.6mm has insanely high theoretical dps. Problem is getting that gun.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Bacontotem posted:

Retro Londo with a Single 138.6mm has insanely high theoretical dps. Problem is getting that gun.

That goes in the aux gun slot though and the skill is main gun based.

Catastrophe90
Apr 18, 2016

Ratzap posted:

That goes in the aux gun slot though and the skill is main gun based.

It's less because of her skill and more because she keeps her 160% weapon efficiency score when using DD guns.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Yeah London retro is the second-highest DPS CA in the game after the unusably-fragile Wichita and it's all because you put the best DD gun you have in her aux slot and she shoots it real good.

She is still hilariously squishy, so this isn't relevant on later maps, but she's fantastic for farming events and lower-level maps quickly.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

ungulateman posted:

Yeah London retro is the second-highest DPS CA in the game after the unusably-fragile Wichita and it's all because you put the best DD gun you have in her aux slot and she shoots it real good.

She is still hilariously squishy, so this isn't relevant on later maps, but she's fantastic for farming events and lower-level maps quickly.

I thought Baltimore with her self buff (no Eagle Carriers) was the highest DPS CA in the game.

I didn't realize Wichita got Brooklyn's skill and the double shot skill, no wonder her DPS is crazy high too

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Yeah, my bad, I misremembered - Baltimore, the PR cruisers and a fully buffed Minneapolis are higher DPS than her (and I believe Baltimore is higher than Wichita).

However, destroyer guns have way better firing arcs than cruiser guns, so in practice London retro is way more consistent due to being able to shoot up, down and behind her, and the high firing rate means less wasted damage. She also has a lower oil cost than her competition.

And just to top things off she's a gunbote who has a torpedo stat, which is nice for hard mode stat requirements.

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 21, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is it me or Cleveland is kind of squishy? I though it was just her level but she's level 99 and she was always the first ship I lose at higher levels

Also Freidrich das Gross looks like a Dark Souls boss.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

One thing the game doesn't fully explain (or explain well if it does) is that positioning matters for how much damage your front line takes. The ship in the leftmost slot will take the most damage, the one in the rightmost slot will take the second most, and the one in the center will take the least. Cleveland isn't really tanky so if you have her in the leftmost slot that might explain why she's going down so fast.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
after literal months of running 10-4 whenever there was not an event, finally got Jintsuu today. now I can finally move on to chapter 11 in peace

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Maybe that will inspire enough luck for Honolulu to drop from 10-1 today.

Catastrophe90
Apr 18, 2016

Bell_ posted:

Maybe that will inspire enough luck for Honolulu to drop from 10-1 today.

I hope you made a typo there, Honolulu drops from 10-2

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

MotU posted:

after literal months of running 10-4 whenever there was not an event, finally got Jintsuu today. now I can finally move on to chapter 11 in peace

I heard she's really good but I've been stuck at her modernization node for weeks, hard mode refuses to give me those last 3 blueprints :negative:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Catastrophe90 posted:

I hope you made a typo there, Honolulu drops from 10-2
:o:

My sources were deceiving me.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Azuma combat data 1 done in 4 days @ 10k oil a day. I'm just glad I run AZ in an emulator. No charging and I just leave it running then tab in every time a battle finishes. Even so it takes many hours of constant fighting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is it all Xp collected by the ship types needed to research or just from battles? Like can I fill the Dorm with Iron Blood Heavy Crusiers and Crusiers and that Xp goes to Roon?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

battles only

twistedmentat posted:

Is it all Xp collected by the ship types needed to research or just from battles? Like can I fill the Dorm with Iron Blood Heavy Crusiers and Crusiers and that Xp goes to Roon?

battles only

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Pve oil spending only.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on some easy Xp.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Bacontotem posted:

Pve oil spending only.

Yeah this is important. PvP is good for just flat gaining levels, but it will not contribute EXP to PR ships, and it won't raise (or lower) affection. Don't be like me and fight with a weak rear end Iron Blood fleet in PvP for months for no reason!

I noticed today you can change the focus of lab research, since I'm still doing Monarch right now and haven't maxed Roon or St. Louis, I have it set to PR1 focus. That'll change I guess when I eventually get FDG.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Also unlike regular battles you won't get any XP from PvP if a ship is at their current cap, eg if you've got a level 105 ship on your PvP fleet she won't get any XP unless you've paid for the next awakening level, whereas if she was in regular battles she'd still be getting XP towards level 110.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah this is important. PvP is good for just flat gaining levels, but it will not contribute EXP to PR ships, and it won't raise (or lower) affection. Don't be like me and fight with a weak rear end Iron Blood fleet in PvP for months for no reason!

I had made the same mistake as well. I eventually realized it when I tested whether I was gaining XP for PR ships by running 10 PvP fights and seeing that the combat data collection percentage had not increased.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Twelve by Pies posted:

I noticed today you can change the focus of lab research, since I'm still doing Monarch right now and haven't maxed Roon or St. Louis, I have it set to PR1 focus. That'll change I guess when I eventually get FDG.

You still get PR2 research when switched to focus on PR1. I changed it to PR1 the day of the patch because I still need so many BPs to finish them off. PR2 stuff shows up about 1 in 5 or so of the time, so it's more a weighting than a switch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got Long Island and i see what was meant that makes her a NEET.

Is there decent Iron Blood Light Crusiers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Leipzig. Thats about it.