Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh hey cancer killed my kitten when he was less than a year old, his sister is still with us but I still miss him

its also killed like a billion of my family members

edit: lmao what a hosed-up snipe. uhhh so did anyone get any cool gifts for friends/family that they are excited to give?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Picked up a present as a spur of the moment thing for a close friend who seemed incredibly happy to get it and said it made his whole week, which in turn made my week too :3:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

dromal phrenia posted:

oh hey cancer killed my kitten when he was less than a year old, his sister is still with us but I still miss him

its also killed like a billion of my family members

edit: lmao what a hosed-up snipe. uhhh so did anyone get any cool gifts for friends/family that they are excited to give?

I got my wife a cool carved skull but it's been stuck in customs for a week and I'm not sure it will arrive before the 25th despite exorbitant fees for express shipping. I'll never buy anything that's shipped by DHL again.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
I had a youtube video i uploaded hit 10 views in the first 24 hours so i got that going for me right now, nothing super exciting but its something i needed after spending thanksgiving in the hospital with my husband getting surgery

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i got everyone books they won’t read just like last year

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I got my wife a cool carved skull but it's been stuck in customs for a week and I'm not sure it will arrive before the 25th despite exorbitant fees for express shipping. I'll never buy anything that's shipped by DHL again.

Those look really cool but yeah, I deal with US CBP a lot and bringing in an actual animal skull is definitely going to.... pique their interest.

The site says "we have all the legal papers necessary so there will be no problem in importing these skull carvings in your country" so I would get in touch with them. Either someone at Skullbliss hosed up in providing the necessary documentation, or DHL somehow failed to clear customs properly, neither of which is acceptable (especially around holiday season when timeliness is so important)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I was looking at a decade in review photo gallery the other day and did anything good happen in the past 10 years? What a global trash fire we're living in.

My 2 kids were born and I came out.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was carrying something heavy and accidentally pushed the tip of my finger, like the first useless knuckle, in really hard against the rest of the finger with a lot of weight on it. it hurted kind of bad for about 30 seconds and then it started to numb up and it still feels weird and numb on the tip of the finger. is this permanent damage

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
what were you carrying

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a very large box that was too large with something heavy in it. i am not allowed to say what it was inside of there. in thje box. "what's in the box?" sorry. can't say it.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the damage depends on what you were carrying

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think that's a lie b ut it was an iron case filled with 250,000 weevils but don't tell any body

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
you’re going to die

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the weevils don't weight that much and the case weighs 78 pounds but that doesn't matter. most importantly it is awkward to hold, causing the gently caress up. Can someone tell me if i can wait until after i wake up to go to the ER if it didn't get any better. after i woke up

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
it’s time to die

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Go to the doctor and say,"My finger hurts because I did this" and they'll tell you how to fix it.

I mean, assuming you're not American, in which case they'll still tell you how to fix it but also charge you $600,000 for it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I can't afford to live

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i won't be able to say why my finger hurts to anyone besides this anonymous forum. it's illegal to do what i was doing

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cavauro posted:

i was carrying something heavy and accidentally pushed the tip of my finger, like the first useless knuckle, in really hard against the rest of the finger with a lot of weight on it. it hurted kind of bad for about 30 seconds and then it started to numb up and it still feels weird and numb on the tip of the finger. is this permanent damage

As in you folded the first knuckle against the rest of your finger?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
rip cav and his lovely finger and weevils

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

As in you folded the first knuckle against the rest of your finger?

it didn't fold all the way in and lay flush against the finger but yes. the second knuckle was uninvolved. the one that makes touching the fingertip to the rest of the finger easy and not hurt at all

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cavauro posted:

it didn't fold all the way in and lay flush against the finger but yes. the second knuckle was uninvolved. the one that makes touching the fingertip to the rest of the finger easy and not hurt at all

As a guy who had to have a hand surgically reconstructed you'll be fine just splint or buddy tape it for a week

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That sucks once I was playing basketball and the ball hit me right on the tip of my middle finger and jammed it real bad for a few days, glad this didn't happen to you and I hope you make a speedy recovery

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I liked Star Wars but didn't love it and I can definitely understand not liking it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my fonger is starting to get feeling back in it a little. going to see how it is later on

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’m using all my fingers to give star wars a negative review!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

I saw the new Star Wars.

I really didn't like it at all :smith:

It had some cool stuff in it, but it did the thing I didn't want it to do (I suspect this is the thing you also didn't want it to do) and that just put a bad taste in my mouth for the entire movie.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
did it fart in your mouth cuz that would put a bad taste in mine

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

It had some cool stuff in it, but it did the thing I didn't want it to do (I suspect this is the thing you also didn't want it to do) and that just put a bad taste in my mouth for the entire movie.

I'm guessing it's the reveal that Rey has super-special bloodline divine right bullshit hereditary explanations for her power with the Force after all? Because yeah I absolutely loathed that they did that, even in spite of later attempts in the film to say oh but your bloodline/hereditary doesn't matter! when they were the ones who made it a thing in the first place.

Ugh.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What I really disliked was all of the jabs at The Last Jedi. Like, if you want to ignore that movie - fine. But don’t turn your entire film into this weird spite-fueled thing that now can’t stand on its own.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

I'm guessing it's the reveal that Rey has super-special bloodline divine right bullshit hereditary explanations for her power with the Force after all? Because yeah I absolutely loathed that they did that, even in spite of later attempts in the film to say oh but your bloodline/hereditary doesn't matter! when they were the ones who made it a thing in the first place.

Ugh.

Basically, just the movie in general telling Last Jedi to go gently caress itself. So, yeah.

Blast Fantasto posted:

What I really disliked was all of the jabs at The Last Jedi. Like, if you want to ignore that movie - fine. But don’t turn your entire film into this weird spite-fueled thing that now can’t stand on its own.

Up to a certain point it feels like Abrams going "gently caress this, I had my own plans and I'm doing them." but the movie does Rose so dirty for no reason that by that point it really does feel like spite.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I'm glad to hear that you have gotten therapy provided through your work Dr. Dirt and that you have support to go in a new direction in regards to your work.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Everything that was bad in The Last Jedi was also bad in The Force Awakens so for JJ to throw Rian Johnson under the bus is pretty funny. Oh well, only an infinite number of Star Wars movies to go!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I hate star wars, but love its fans.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Trek will always be the superior series.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i hate star wars and its fans

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I love Cavauro

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Spikegal posted:

My 2 kids were born and I came out.

I reflected on this a bit more and although it's been a pretty good decade for me on a personal level (latter half anyway) it's tough to appreciate that when on a broader level things are totally hosed.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

First my best friend died then my hope of ever finding love died then my hope for the future died. So this hasn't been a great decade.

OTOH: Skyrim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
The present I am most proud of this year is that for my Secret Santa at work, I made them a nice pineapple out of LEGO. It is about the size of a soup can and has a little compartment inside where she can put, idk, paperclips and chocolate and such.

The compartment has a curse inside, though.

The curse also has a compartment.