Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nixon took his ball and went home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Clinton's blew.

I appreciate this post.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Lone Goat posted:

how were the ratings during the first two impeachments?

After his predecessor, Andrew Johnson was figured to blow minds.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
boooooooooooo

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Defiance Industries posted:

Nixon took his ball and went home.

and got a big payday for the return, smart worker

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ProperJam/status/1208900736186060801

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1208956538678738944

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Did he think Le Champion would just lie like that?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1208957376625135617

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1208997175348252672

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
There's no Between The Sheets like a newsletter drama Between The Sheets because a newsletter drama Between The Sheets never stops!

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1209024342127980544

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dropped the Rudocast best of 2019 and the 2010s awards yesterday. We handed out awards for the best wrestlers, matches, goodest poo poo, and worst non-WWE promotion. I think in future years we'll rename that one the Dixie Carter Dumpster Fire award.

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-23-best-of-2019-and-decade-awards/

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

Dropped the Rudocast best of 2019 and the 2010s awards yesterday. We handed out awards for the best wrestlers, matches, goodest poo poo, and worst non-WWE promotion. I think in future years we'll rename that one the Dixie Carter Dumpster Fire award.

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-23-best-of-2019-and-decade-awards/

Listening to this now. First good wrestling podcast I've heard in awhile.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

duckdealer posted:

Listening to this now. First good wrestling podcast I've heard in awhile.

Thank you! We drop an episode every week or so and talk about pretty much everything non-WWE: NJPW, AEW, Indies, Lucha, Puro, etc. The rest of our episodes are up on the website and various podcasting platforms: https://rudospodcast.co/

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

Thank you! We drop an episode every week or so and talk about pretty much everything non-WWE: NJPW, AEW, Indies, Lucha, Puro, etc. The rest of our episodes are up on the website and various podcasting platforms: https://rudospodcast.co/

Sweet! I'll check them out!

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P2rqY_k5BE

New OSW much faster than usual, also they're dropping another episode tomorrow for Christmas

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan’s idea for Santa to escape with the 24/7 belt, only for Truth to ask for it for Christmas so Santa has to give it back to him. My god. Sometimes he comes up with some real good poo poo.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
That is really good.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Also interesting that Dave said Randy was bitter towards Tony Khan because he didn’t get offered an equivalent to the Jericho deal. LOL that Randy considers himself a bigger deal than Le Champion.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmfao, yeah randy you are totally worth a jericho despite being the most boring man in wrestling

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I'm trying to get think of a single man on the aew roster that I'd trade for Orton and the only one I can think of is Hager, and that's not because of Orton.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm a fan of Orton but I can't see why you'd want him on the AEW roster unless you believed that you were getting a guy that wanted to prove himself as a great worker and there's no way that's Orton. In fact even if you just brought him in for name value, I'd say you'd end up with something worse than Booker T in TNA.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lone Goat posted:

I'm trying to get think of a single man on the aew roster that I'd trade for Orton and the only one I can think of is Hager, and that's not because of Orton.

I would take the lil sad guy from the Dark Order videos over three Randy Ortons.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I can’t fathom how Orton would fit into AEW. He doesn’t have great matches and hasn’t seem overly motivated for years.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Punch McLightning posted:

I can’t fathom how Orton would fit into AEW. He doesn’t have great matches and hasn’t seem overly motivated for years.

I don't want AEW to hire any veteran who is there for a payday. I either want people like Jericho who are there to improve the product and bring credibility, or people like Moxley who are there to have incredible matches. Orton hasn't made a wrestling product better with his presence in his entire career.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

I don't want AEW to hire any veteran who is there for a payday. I either want people like Jericho who are there to improve the product and bring credibility, or people like Moxley who are there to have incredible matches. Orton hasn't made a wrestling product better with his presence in his entire career.

Oh please, even if you almost completely discount his in ring style Orton was incredible when he kicked Vince in the head. They immediately tried to ruin it, but his performance elevated two months of horrible follow up.

Great in his feud with HBK too.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Orton could have been a huge get for AEW, and given them a decent to big spike in interest with the normies. I also think he’d thrive in the format, since guys barely wrestle and have zero risk of overexposure. He also has excellent rapport and chemistry with their top guy, Cody.

Impossible for us to talk about the ROI for signing him, since we have zero clue on the hard numbers, but I understand why Kahn didn’t want to break the pay structure for him.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

MassRafTer posted:

Oh please, even if you almost completely discount his in ring style

And this is a HUGE qualifier, imo. Dude would be top ten in AEW today, and top five in his prime.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Lamuella posted:

I would take the lil sad guy from the Dark Order videos over three Randy Ortons.

well yeah the beaver boys own

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

mkay0 posted:

And this is a HUGE qualifier, imo. Dude would be top ten in AEW today, and top five in his prime.

That speaks more to AEW’s depth than a flaw with Orton. He was at points really really good as a North American TV wrestler.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Punch McLightning posted:

That speaks more to AEW’s depth than a flaw with Orton. He was at points really really good as a North American TV wrestler.

You are nuts if you don't think AEW has a ton of depth of pure wrestling talent with Kenny, Jericho, the Bucks, The Lucha Bros, Riho, Daniels, CIMA, Proud AND Powerful, Darby, Mox, Hikaru Shida, Pac and that's before you get to people like Cody, Dustin, Chuck and Trent and talent like that where you can "yeah but" and try to come up with some reason why they aren't really good.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MassRafTer posted:

Oh please, even if you almost completely discount his in ring style Orton was incredible when he kicked Vince in the head. They immediately tried to ruin it, but his performance elevated two months of horrible follow up.

Great in his feud with HBK too.

Pish

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

late '08-early '09 psychotic Orton was tremendous and Shane/HHH did everything they could to gently caress it up because they are awful at pro wrestling

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/132452/update-on-wwes-next-podcast.html?p=1

Alexa Bliss is going to have a podcast

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I thought Orton would fit into AEW just fine until it came out that he creeped on underage girls.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Where's the Christmas show?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Where's the Christmas show?

Bryan said on F4D they're posting it the evening :f5:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Should call it After the Bell got rung.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Alexa Bliss smells like canned fruit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

You are nuts if you don't think AEW has a ton of depth of pure wrestling talent with Kenny, Jericho, the Bucks, The Lucha Bros, Riho, Daniels, CIMA, Proud AND Powerful, Darby, Mox, Hikaru Shida, Pac and that's before you get to people like Cody, Dustin, Chuck and Trent and talent like that where you can "yeah but" and try to come up with some reason why they aren't really good.

That’s what I was trying to say.