Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Morning Show finale.

Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

The Morning Show finale.

Wow.

Holy poo poo. Some of these performances as well. gently caress. Hopefully those will find some award acknowledgement.

Edit: This is irrelevant, as he wasn't even close to giving the best performance of the episode, but is this the best that Mark Duplass has ever been? Side bar: additionally, is this the most likeable he's ever been?

Edit's Edit: I wrote that before properly finishing the episode. Holy gently caress. So so funny, and just so so good. That entire final sequence. Easily catapulting this to my top ten of the year. Bates Motel's black humour lives on.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Dec 20, 2019

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Morning Show and For All Mankind finales were both superb imo

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Grandma Panic! posted:

If the 1x10 after-credits scene is anything to go by (read about the concept, but never thought i'd see sea-launched nuclear rockets on a tv show) I can't wait for S2.

Not sure if this should be spoilered or not, it's just technical details of real-world things that never got built, but might have. Given that US wants to move a lot of stuff into orbit, you could well expect this, but anyway:

The rocket you saw was the Sea Dragon. It's not nuclear, it's just a big dumb booster. In fact, the biggest and dumbest booster. It's basically an oversized bottle rocket. It's pressure-fed. The plutonium is either the fuel of the upper stage (if it has a nerva), or it's just taking a reactor to the moon.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

drat I can't wait for season 2 of For All Mankind

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

hitze posted:

drat I can't wait for season 2 of For All Mankind

That was the best loving cliffhanger

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
God drat both For All Mankind and The Morning Show had insane finales. I can't wait to see where these shows go.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
TMS: As much as I enjoyed the hilarity of the end of the episode, I do feel it was misplaced. It didn't really fit with the rest of the show. Also, the Chip/Mitch bit seemed inspired by The Quiet Man. Except with nothing to lead up to it for it to make sense. I mean, the show was pretty grounded in reality and people generally don't get in fist fights like that.

Also, is that the first time we heard Hannahs last name? It seems like the name was written before the casting (as is usually done) but then they didn't think to change the persons name. It's possible that Hannah was a Jew, but I kinda doubt it. Just a minor quibble but something that stuck out to me when I heard her name this time.

I really dug Yankos El nino story.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Spike Jonze-directed Beastie Boys documentary is coming to Apple TV+ in April.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Is anyone keeping up with Servant?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

Is anyone keeping up with Servant?

Yeah. It’s been decent. Is today’s episode the finale?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Little America is loving awesome.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Only on episode 4 but I'm really enjoying For All Mankind

E: love the soundtrack and the title sequence is aces

isaboo fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 20, 2020

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Finally caught up with The Morning Show, and I thought overall it was really good. An excellent examination of the whole #metoo phenomenon. Mitch was a really fantastic portrayal of a horrible man who was unfortunately extremely likeable.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Little America is loving awesome.

Seconding. It's a really good show.

God i loved the cookie lady

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Can someone give us an elevator pitch for Little America? I think I've seen maybe one commercial for it and I don't remember anything about it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anthology show where every episode revolves around a different story of an immigrant in America (or trying/wanting to get to America), all based on true stories.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

pahuyuth posted:

Only on episode 4 but I'm really enjoying For All Mankind

E: love the soundtrack and the title sequence is aces

I had read to stick with it until the end of Episode 4 and go from there? I have only watched episode 1 so far and it was super boring. Right now I am waiting for SEE season 2, I know that show wasn't well received, but I am filing that under guilty pleasure. By the end of the season I was very hooked and enjoyed the last few episodes.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Some of the For All Mankind episodes would definitely have benefited from being a lot shorter than an hour.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I watched the first 2 eps of Mythic Quest. It's decent. Starring Rob Mcelhenny. Written by him and Charlie Day and Megan Ganz.

The one thing I don't like is the Pewdiepie character. Just awful. Has this been on for a while or did they just drop the whole season at once?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Finished Mythic Quest last night and pretty much loved it all. Charlotte Nicdao, Jessie Ennis and F. Murray Abraham are outstanding, but the whole supporting cast is really great. Haven't laughed at anything as hard as the "what do pedophiles hate?" joke in quite some time.

Also there is definitely some payoff with the Pootie Shoe character.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That's good. I just don't buy a 14 year old in that role. If it was a 24 year old, it would be fine. But at 14 it's just a throwaway joke that didn't land and distracts from the show.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It did all drop at once, Apple’s strategy is a bit all over the place.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That 3rd ep was fantastic. If you are curious about Mystic Quest, just skip to ep 3 and if you like it, go back to the beginning.

The only thing worse than Nazis? Patriot fans.

The WoW funeral homage and what do pedophiles hate. Holy poo poo.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm so sick of the apple tv remote. I ordered a Roku.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The time jumps in For All Man Kind were kind of wild. That time jump/set up for season 2 is insane.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Spacebump posted:

The time jumps in For All Man Kind were kind of wild. That time jump/set up for season 2 is insane.

When For All Mankind's second season is released, I'm making an individual thread for it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This Beastie Boys documentary is pretty good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m quite enjoying Home Before Dark, a mystery-drama about a 9 year old reporter (based on a real person??). Kind of Veronica Mars meets the non-supernatural parts of Stranger Things. I’m intrigued.

Watched the first episode of Defending Jacob (the Chris Evans thing). Seems boring!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
There is a new episode of Mythic Quest. It is good. Really really good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

There is a new episode of Mythic Quest. It is good. Really really good.

God drat, that climax was legitimately loving impressive

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Escobarbarian posted:

God drat, that climax was legitimately loving impressive

:ssh:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Trailer for Foundation is out:

https://twitter.com/AppleTV/status/1275132722256609280

Looks solid visually and has two strong actors, at the least. Though weird to see the Interstellar black hole appear.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Chairman Capone posted:

Trailer for Foundation is out:

https://twitter.com/AppleTV/status/1275132722256609280

Looks solid visually and has two strong actors, at the least. Though weird to see the Interstellar black hole appear.

The interstellar black hole is just “a black hole” that they were first to correctly visualise.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I know it's basically pointless, but can posters who've read and want to discuss the books please please please make liberal use of spoiler bars?

Unspoiled discussion always happens and the thread just becomes pointless for anyone who's not read the books to spend time in.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48vnfP0Rjo

The moon is going to war

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Aw man, I was hoping that when they showed off that sea launched rocket that it meant they would be diverging from history and not use the space shuttle.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, no Space Shuttle should be the number one most obvious change in the alt-history they're doing. I guess it just too recognisable for them not to include it, unfortunately.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Awesome! S1 was fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Can someone explain what the significance was of the post credits scene in season 1? What is the significance of doing a partial underwater launch, and what is special about the new rocket?