Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

End of Chapter 4 spoilers Dutch gets banged on the head pretty bad during the train part of the bank heist, which is presumably what causes his issues to intensify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

CascadeBeta posted:

Is the backroom robbery in Saint Denis only supposed to get you like 70 bucks? My bounty was way higher than that trying to get away.

If you do it without firing a shot, you won't alert nearby law and can just stroll out the front door. You can also force the guy at the back of the room to open the safe, and then rob the players as well. There's a video on YouTube of how to do it pretty easily.

Evil Badman posted:

End of Chapter 4 spoilers Dutch gets banged on the head pretty bad during the train part of the bank heist, which is presumably what causes his issues to intensify.

I've seen this speculated a few times, and to be honest I don't really agree with it because Dutch has always been full of poo poo, it's more that Arthur starts to see through it because of his own personal journey.

Also end of Chapter 6 spoilers: was the St Denis bank job a set up or not? It's heavily implied that it is, but later on Agent Milton says that a) Molly had nothing to do with it, and b) Micah only started cooperating when they came back from Guarma, ie after the bank job. To me the whole story makes more sense if Micah was a double-agent all along - and Arthur has plenty of dialogue throughout the story suggesting he thinks that's the case. Law enforcement and Pinkertons always show up quickly on Micah's jobs.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

webmeister posted:

If you do it without firing a shot, you won't alert nearby law and can just stroll out the front door. You can also force the guy at the back of the room to open the safe, and then rob the players as well. There's a video on YouTube of how to do it pretty easily.

I've seen this speculated a few times, and to be honest I don't really agree with it because Dutch has always been full of poo poo, it's more that Arthur starts to see through it because of his own personal journey.

Also end of Chapter 6 spoilers: was the St Denis bank job a set up or not? It's heavily implied that it is, but later on Agent Milton says that a) Molly had nothing to do with it, and b) Micah only started cooperating when they came back from Guarma, ie after the bank job. To me the whole story makes more sense if Micah was a double-agent all along - and Arthur has plenty of dialogue throughout the story suggesting he thinks that's the case. Law enforcement and Pinkertons always show up quickly on Micah's jobs.

Chapter 6 spoilers I always assumed it was a set up by Bronte.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I suppose I could be more tired of dying randomly to predators while I'm trying to do other poo poo but it'd take some work.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
So if i donate stuff like "perfect deer hide" etc to Pearson, can i use it to make him craft stuff or does he sell it?

deadseedinside
Jul 6, 2018

Possibly a confused chimpanzee. Approach with caution and snacks.

Orv posted:

I suppose I could be more tired of dying randomly to predators while I'm trying to do other poo poo but it'd take some work.

have you tried shooting them instead?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Dongattack posted:

So if i donate stuff like "perfect deer hide" etc to Pearson, can i use it to make him craft stuff or does he sell it?

If he needs the specific thing to craft something, yes. Otherwise he just sells it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It will tell you also with the button prompts. If it's something he uses for crafting it'll say crafting instead of donate.

Orv
May 4, 2011

deadseedinside posted:

have you tried shooting them instead?

No, I've never thought of that.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Orv posted:

No, I've never thought of that.

Oh well that's your problem then. You gotta shoot them before they getcha.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Evidently if you stay perfectly still while a bear charges you, you can bluff the bear into leaving you alone.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Evidently if you stay perfectly still while a bear charges you, you can bluff the bear into leaving you alone.

I did that once.

Then I waited until I couldn't even hear the bear in Eagle Eye to get on my horse, at which point it reappeared and mauled me to death.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sorry for newb questions: I have two dailies left for today. One is kill three npcs with a maxim gun and the other is follow a dog to something interesting. Where the hell are maxim guns and dogs...I’ve been riding around like an idiot for half a day.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Sorry for newb questions: I have two dailies left for today. One is kill three npcs with a maxim gun and the other is follow a dog to something interesting. Where the hell are maxim guns and dogs...I’ve been riding around like an idiot for half a day.

Dogs are random events that can appear around the map on the side of roads. Dog barks at you, leads you to event. The collector map has potential locations but you could ride to each one a dozen times and get nothing just because of how the game is.

Maxim guns are tripod mounted machine guns that you interact with to use. They appear in the backs of carts in some bounty missions and most notably in the fort story mission, though AFAIK there is no way to replay a target mission rather than a random On-Call one.

Unfortunately neither of those are terribly easy to fulfill without a bunch of shenanigans.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Chapter 6 spoilers I always assumed it was a set up by Bronte.

Dutch and Arthur both confirm it. Bronte was the one who tipped them off to it (and he was pretty justified since Dutch’s gang started EVERY problem in the game)

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

bears are instkills even the little ones for their precious precious explosive fat

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You can get your Maxim gun kills in the legendary bounty for Cecil, press Y or Triangle or whichever the key is on PC to bring up the list of legendary bounties at any bounty board.

This guy does good daily videos of challenges:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Ns-8gOy9k

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Most gang hideouts have a Maxim gun, but getting to it and using it before all the gang members are dead isn't easy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks for the tips. I guess while I’m new I just have to accept I can’t complete some daily challenges. I had one yesterday for fishing but I couldn’t even buy a fishing rod yet.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

https://youtu.be/NykGxOvco08

Posting this from my phone for my own use.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Thanks for the tips. I guess while I’m new I just have to accept I can’t complete some daily challenges. I had one yesterday for fishing but I couldn’t even buy a fishing rod yet.

This poo poo drove me up the wall when I first started playing RDR online. The fishing pole is level locked to something like level 16, and the good lures are level locked to level 30. (I just hit level 27 tonight while doing daily objectives.)

There's no reason to gate the fishing content in this game - it's pretty loving boring to put it behind a wall like :rockstar: has done.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

marshmallow creep posted:

Can't buy the black one with this method, coats that require gold are still stuck :argh:

Also I hope Rockstar brings back the dang concho pants and Nosalida jacket from the first outlaw pass

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

coupedeville posted:

This poo poo drove me up the wall when I first started playing RDR online. The fishing pole is level locked to something like level 16, and the good lures are level locked to level 30. (I just hit level 27 tonight while doing daily objectives.)

There's no reason to gate the fishing content in this game - it's pretty loving boring to put it behind a wall like :rockstar: has done.

You can spend real money and use gold to buy higher level stuff. It's not boring, it's part of the business plan.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Realistically the rank to unlock the fishing pole isn't hard to reach. Consumable baits are annoying to use compared to the spinner, but they work.

Some of the hardest level-gating for me were the best stirrups and camp tent, since buying less than the best in those cases is a waste of money (stirrups are like the engine upgrade on cars in GTA).

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

HatJudge posted:

You can spend real money and use gold to buy higher level stuff. It's not boring, it's part of the business plan.

I should have phrased that better; fishing itself is pretty boring content to be gating behind level progression like Rockstar has done in this case. It's dumb and bad and then to put fishing content in the daily challenges after level-locking it? That's some delightful punishment from daddy rockstar right there. :biglips:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Finally spending some of the money I've earned, and I find I'm spending way too long picking outfits. Never gave a poo poo about this sort of thing before, but I've spent twelve hours rolling around as the frumpiest motherfucker that ever lived and I need a change.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

just hit level 100 wow didn’t expect that in like less than two months

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

If anyone wants easy bounty hunter xp, I've been ranking up the past two days using Etta Doyle with this guy's method:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuLmY7Y4gQE

Super easy. No shots fired, about 6 minutes of paying attention, then 25 minutes of AFK / alt-tab, then turn-in. Rinse, repeat after 48-minute cooldown period. At 5-star solo with level 75 outlaw pass, it's $225 and 1875 BH xp per run. That's nearly 1 BH rank per run. This is how I'm maxing out BH.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

pmchem posted:

If anyone wants easy bounty hunter xp, I've been ranking up the past two days using Etta Doyle with this guy's method:

Super easy. No shots fired, about 6 minutes of paying attention, then 25 minutes of AFK / alt-tab, then turn-in. Rinse, repeat after 48-minute cooldown period. At 5-star solo with level 75 outlaw pass, it's $225 and 1875 BH xp per run. That's nearly 1 BH rank per run. This is how I'm maxing out BH.

I already have a job.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

pmchem posted:

This sounds fun!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

All I wanted to do was rank up BH to buy a horse. I thought some other people may be interested, too. People have fun in different ways, you know.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Sold the most expensive moonshine wagon. Got to the yellow area, wagon disappears and I receive $0. :mad:

Cage posted:

This sounds fun!
😠

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

This doesn't work for me, I get a message on the top of the screen, saying that an unknown error occurred. Also, I tried to change saddles and wound up I guess throwing away a 500 dollar saddle? Thanks, Rockstar.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Seriously i think i might have lucked out and gotten a horse with a special poop generating gene. I fell for the giant Shire horse the game tells you to sell, so i didn't sell it and every time i look at it it's making GBS threads. I saved a hunter from a bear trap and shared some whiskey with him, kind of a cool emotional moment, i turn towards my horse to leave and its just LEAKING poo poo. Not even pushing or making any sounds, its just standing there looking into the distance LEAKING poo poo.

I loving love this horse dude, it speaks to me on so many levels.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Freudian slippers posted:

This doesn't work for me, I get a message on the top of the screen, saying that an unknown error occurred. Also, I tried to change saddles and wound up I guess throwing away a 500 dollar saddle? Thanks, Rockstar.

It was weirdly tricky for me and I didn't mess with saddles, but once I had the voucher, closing the browser, reopening it and relogging into my Rockstar account, I was able to get the voucher to show up for half of the listed coats, in particular this one. Then, when I used the voucher button, it initially didn't work, but refreshing the tab and trying again worked the second time.

It's fucky, is what I'm getting at. At one point it also said I had no money or gold and hadn't started the game yet, so maybe you still have the saddle and it's just lost track of it? It's fucky.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

pmchem posted:

Etta Doyle did nothing wrong, and neither did Sergio Vincenza and both should be mission givers :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Etta Doyle did nothing wrong, and neither did Sergio Vincenza and both should be mission givers :colbert:

Last night I had Sergio somehow throw himself out of the tower to his death, which was at least novel.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

now my favorite new bug is losing my moonshine mash/flavoring ingredients seemingly every time I leave a session

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

It was weirdly tricky for me and I didn't mess with saddles, but once I had the voucher, closing the browser, reopening it and relogging into my Rockstar account, I was able to get the voucher to show up for half of the listed coats, in particular this one. Then, when I used the voucher button, it initially didn't work, but refreshing the tab and trying again worked the second time.

It's fucky, is what I'm getting at. At one point it also said I had no money or gold and hadn't started the game yet, so maybe you still have the saddle and it's just lost track of it? It's fucky.

I tried copy-pasting the url into a new window and suddenly it worked. New coat for me!

E: Come to think of it, it failed when I was online and tabbed out to buy, but worked when I was logged out of the game. That may be it.

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

coupedeville posted:

I should have phrased that better; fishing itself is pretty boring content to be gating behind level progression like Rockstar has done in this case. It's dumb and bad and then to put fishing content in the daily challenges after level-locking it? That's some delightful punishment from daddy rockstar right there. :biglips:

Ah, I misread you. I agree that fishing isn't particularly exciting but it pays pretty well. Or, at least it did during the beta. People were rushing to get rods and spinners and posting maps with the most effective fishing spots with best yield closest to a butcher. Rockstar putting fishing up as dailys is just icing on the cake.

A friend of mine have been spending a shitton of money on gold so he can have the best horses, coats and the prettiest guns, so it's obviously working.