Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Boxturret posted:

are those people still around that think that black helicopters are a biomechanical living creature that craves human flesh?

hell tbh that would make me feel more comfortable with the world rather than actual people who have become so divorced from humanity they just freely kill and torture being the culprits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Vomik posted:

hell tbh that would make me feel more comfortable with the world rather than actual people who have become so divorced from humanity they just freely kill and torture being the culprits

i bet the kind of people who believe in black helicopter conspiracies are the kind of people who think gitmo is cool and good because we're The Good Guys

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

klafbang posted:

Gonna be hard to fit in "cut off fingers" among all of the "shoot off foot" functionality in C++

BJARNE TO CODE
COMPILER IS A gently caress
TEMPLATE EM ALL C++07
410,757,864,530 FEET SHOT

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Shame Boy posted:

i bet the kind of people who believe in black helicopter conspiracies are the kind of people who think gitmo is cool and good because we're The Good Guys

yeah, their trust and reverence for the government is well documented

:tinfoil:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Shame Boy posted:

the undercurrent of NWO conspiracy theories in general is "what if the bad things the US does around the world started happening to us?"

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Lutha Mahtin posted:

BJARNE TO CODE
COMPILER IS A gently caress
TEMPLATE EM ALL C++07
410,757,864,530 FEET SHOT
can't believe you left out "I Am Crash Man"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shame Boy posted:

most of them are now deep into Q conspiracies

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
I have owned thyself

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Boxturret posted:

are those people still around that think that black helicopters are a biomechanical living creature that craves human flesh?

well, now there is

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i would just like to say that today i transferred several hundred dollars using a bank's internet website and it took like 2 clicks oh what a world if only bitcoin were here to fix this

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

i would just like to say that today i transferred several hundred dollars using a bank's internet website and it took like 2 clicks oh what a world if only bitcoin were here to fix this
it does need to be fixed. it should only take one click and transfer your life savings to a black hole.

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011
I put all my money in the stock market, which is gambling. Instead of putting it in bitcoin, which is investing.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

born to crash
c++ is a gently caress
13.6.1 template ‘em all p3
virtual override = 0
09999999999 dead compilers

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

rjmccall posted:

born to crash
c++ is a gently caress
virtual override = 0

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

rjmccall posted:

born to crash
c++ is a gently caress
virtual override = 0

o poo poo i've been properly owned :sweatdrop:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
the Kraken allegations have made the mainstream press in Wyoming!

loving whoops:

quote:

Wyoming’s banking commissioner, Albert Forkner, said the state was taking the matter seriously.

“Protecting Wyoming is my number one priority,” he said in a statement to the Star-Tribune. “The allegations made in the lawsuit are serious, but unproven at this stage. As part of our bank chartering process, the Division of Banking and our federal colleagues will conduct a thoughtful investigation into the lawsuit. If Kraken applies for a SPDI charter, they must meet our rigorous standards for the prevention of money laundering and sanctions violations. They won’t do business in Wyoming unless the allegations are proven to be false.”

Kraken — a key player in the cryptocurrency movement — has been keen on building up a presence in Wyoming, which recently passed legislation allowing for the creation of Special Purpose Depository Institutions – or “SPDI” banks – within Wyoming’s borders. Kraken recently sponsored a “hackathon” at the University of Wyoming whose panelists promoted the benefits of doing business in Wyoming, and was one of a handful of firms rumored to be seeking licensure from the state to operate one of these banks.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/KOyJeNEvjtJxHzm/status/1207596366790156288

I have to wonder if anyone falls for these (random rear end russian bots tweeting out "bitcoin giveaways")

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i definitely prefer branson's new look, the goldilocks thing was kinda played out

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

orange juche posted:

https://twitter.com/KOyJeNEvjtJxHzm/status/1207596366790156288

I have to wonder if anyone falls for these (random rear end russian bots tweeting out "bitcoin giveaways")

this one's a picture of the real elo saying it though...you can't fake a picture

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

orange juche posted:

yes, constantly

like every week it seems like

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
It's like that Microsoft researcher that found that scammers mention they are from Nigeria to filter out anybody who can walk and breathe simultaneously: bitcoin scammers filter out non-morons by catering to bitcoiners. There's always more, and they'll always fall for the most obvious scam.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Honest ponzis!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

klafbang posted:

It's like that Microsoft researcher that found that scammers mention they are from Nigeria to filter out anybody who can walk and breathe simultaneously: bitcoin scammers filter out non-morons by catering to high lord elon musk, inventor of space and time cultists. There's always more, and they'll always fall for the most obvious scam.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

yeah i think musk worship might be a bigger factor here, remember that one journalist who got tricked into reporting that "strangely, musk stopped to offer a bitcoin giveaway later that day!"

why would elong musk lie to me, he's real life iron man!!!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

he's a real boer gently caress
sitting in his cyber truck
making all his stupid plans for nobody

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Musk fans and bitcoiners: a match made in Lagos.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
the virgin founder and the chud elon

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Soricidus posted:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Shame Boy posted:

yeah i think musk worship might be a bigger factor here, remember that one journalist who got tricked into reporting that "strangely, musk stopped to offer a bitcoin giveaway later that day!"
Link/image?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Soricidus posted:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Shame Boy posted:

yes, constantly

like every week it seems like

build your own "educational" reddit mea culpa. just choose up to 5 of these talking points:

- I've been deep into cryptocurrency for years
- cryptocurrency is just a fun hobby for me, so I don't sweat risk too much
- I know it was too good to be true, but...
- I was up really late and I wasn't thinking clearly
- I tested it with a small amount first to see if it was legit
- there were a bunch of replies saying they'd already claimed theirs so I was worried I'd miss my chance
- I figured it was worth a shot because what if!?!?
- it was only after I'd sent the money that I noticed the screen name was "e1on__muskk"
- oh well, I guess I didn't lose that much in the grand scheme of things
- it was kind of an expensive lesson, but I won't be fooled again
- learn from my mistake

Did I miss any?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

gschmidl posted:

he's a real boer gently caress
sitting in his cyber truck
making all his stupid plans for nobody

i liked this

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gazpacho posted:

Link/image?

took a bit cuz it's way back but it was when musk was trying to get those trapped children to admire his long rigid tube, and then he called that diver a pedophile:

it's from this article, but it's been removed by now of course:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018/07/elon-musk-apologises-for-labelling-cave-rescue-diver-a-pedo.amp.html

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

to be clear i don't think this particular reporter is even all that enamored with musk, there's just something about that loving rear end in a top hat that makes people turn off all critical thinking

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
thx & happy holidays

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Gazpacho posted:

thx & happy holidays

how dare you! it's marry coinmas :mad:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Shame Boy posted:

to be clear i don't think this particular reporter is even all that enamored with musk, there's just something about that loving rear end in a top hat that makes people turn off all critical thinking

his personal brand is "eccentric rich man who does dumb poo poo for shock value publicity" so incredulity usually means you get scooped

that minute you take wondering whether elmo nusk actually released a rap about harambe three years late is a minute longer someone else is getting all your clicks

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what if the so called "real" ellen mack was also a scam bot, but like human shaped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Gazpacho posted:

thx & happy holidays
happy hodlings

Boxturret posted:

how dare you! it's marry coinmas :mad:
and a halving new year