Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

Case on Amni is the weird lie detector role stuff right?

What’s the case on imp?

more lie detector bullshit.

which all started with bern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the case on imp has nothing to do with lie detector crap.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I won't be here for deadline.

##vote gulag

Person with the most votes I agree with.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i have to say, great play from dancer once again

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

the case on imp has nothing to do with lie detector crap.

illuminate it for me gglag

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its on the page you made your request for a summary on, and also, on like, 3 other pages throughout the thread.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Dancer

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:stare:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwolf posted:

Case on Amni is the weird lie detector role stuff right?

What’s the case on imp?

Man, it's on the page you made this post on. Click through to this quote.

Podima posted:

2 penny bottle imp case

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Amnistar posted:

I won't be here for deadline.

##vote gulag

Person with the most votes I agree with.

Who else would you vote?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Very helpful, please elaborate?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote mr steak this is what you get for ruining mylo. I’m not going to let you do that again

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Steak posted:

This is a really bad mischaracterization, Steak. You can do better than this.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Steak posted:

Actually this is an outright lie, 2 penny bottle imp barely engaged with the lie detector stuff. Steak normally plays way better/more attentively than this, not good.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The chief stumbles out of his office. His unending piles of paperwork look more organized than usual, even if he himself looked ragged from days of work.

"You know the score. We gotta kick someone out of this precinct by the night's end. We had a week to figure out who was drawing the short straw, and I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say that Det. Dancer, a man that can get busy, appears to be less present than usual and parked an early vote on the insubordinate, Gulag."

"Now you might be saying, but Chief, wouldn't it make the more deliberate votes more suspicious, including your own?"

"Yes, but out of that group, Amni, Paul and myself. I find their reasoning to be a bit more articulated and sincere with Paul's suspicion appearing the weakest if you're really asking me."

"However, if we must do IA's lovely job for them, Det. Dancer, I *believe* you should turn in your badge voluntarily for corruption and failure to carry out the tenets set forth by the Mafia City Police Department."

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

This is a really bad mischaracterization, Steak. You can do better than this.

sorry actually completely forgot about your case. i thought people were voting him for his comments about amni re the lie detect

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Translation: Dancer is way more lurky than usual and parked a bad vote on Gulag, sure. I'd buy that, but it's a weird push to make out of nowhere at day end.

What about 2 penny bottle imp, AA? Also can you articulate your thoughts on Paul in a little more detail OOC please? I'm still getting bad vibes from him.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

sorry actually completely forgot about your case. i thought people were voting him for his comments about amni re the lie detect

Uh huh

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also deadline is 1 AM my time, I'd appreciate it if we didn't leave it down to a last minute rush. TIA.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Lame fakeclaim followed by complaining about a role claim? Not on my beat!

##vote gulagdolls

Gulag has omgus! 2x in 1 page, so...

I was honestly following along with tuppence pretty well regarding their early suspicion of d1, but in my RP and self-absorption, missed this contradiction when it came to Amni's list.

Agreed with this as well. Gonna go ahead and ##vote Amnistar.

The opinion in question:

Amnistar posted:

GulagDolls - Lost of posts, no actual content. Is actively eengaging in the thread without playing the game.

:thunk:

There's also the general idea of disliking the NK softclaim, but reinforcing the vote with an agreement about Amni's opinion on Gulag looks weird, when their early vote and callouts too gulag were more or less the same. I guess you could say that one couldn't reasonably suggest calling a player out for OMGUSING being the same as actively engaging the thread without playing, but the opinions looked close enough to me that it does make 2 penny look a bit more curious, I'll give you that Det. Podima, let me check out some of these other Officers.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I don't like giving opinions on people I dont have opinions on. Day 1 is too early for mass lists of how you feel about everyone. Allows fake connections to be made too easily in future days.

Nah, I gave multiple reasons for the vote. It's day 1. Don't try too hard to build the Theory of Everything.

Please point to the Gulag posts that changed your mind from seriousvoting him to voting Amnistar for calling him scum. Thank you!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Leith Maclaine posted:

Your statement was

I have the ability to kill people.

Which is not a clear cut town versus scum claim. There are Towne roles that can "kill".

You could also be taking advantage of the setup which a "kill" is called administrative leave so that the statement "I have the ability to kill people" may mean nothing in this game if it was lie detected.

Your attempt to clear town does nothing of the sort.

Now a statement like

I am not a member of internal affairs.

That would be a clear statement but I have the ability to kill people isn't clear.

Most Lie Detection doesn't allow you to actually positively identify alignment so easily, more for role mechanics. Lie Detection isn't as useful these days, less binary and more nuanced. This looks like a false positive in thinking for both you and squig regarding your opinion on their Lie Detection intentions. I think that came from a sincere place of town motivation on Amni's part, and you look decent here for your suspicion, but now that I see where the bulk of it stems from.

Look elsewhere, officer.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah I’d vote imp, I see what you guys are saying, it reminds me of when I’m scum and having difficulty generating real opinions early on D1

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Podima posted:

Translation: Dancer is way more lurky than usual

well....

Podima posted:

Steak normally plays way better/more attentively than this

actually...

Podima posted:

I'd appreciate it if we didn't leave it down to a last minute rush.

the thing is...

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Most Lie Detection doesn't allow you to actually positively identify alignment so easily, more for role mechanics. Lie Detection isn't as useful these days, less binary and more nuanced. This looks like a false positive in thinking for both you and squig regarding your opinion on their Lie Detection intentions. I think that came from a sincere place of town motivation on Amni's part, and you look decent here for your suspicion, but now that I see where the bulk of it stems from.

Look elsewhere, officer.

I've dealt with AA enough that him saying I am barking up the wrong tree is enough to at least consider.

Also Squiggly isn't really backing up his argument today so I'm going to drop it.

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

Purposefully lying to a lie detector is a waste an ability

In what world is that ever a pro town move

And I don't think you were lying either

Yeah, I don't kn ow what you're thinking is here, but I'm going to chalk it up to a brain fart. You were pretty tardy early on, but your work on Amni looks bad officer...

Squiggly posted:

Okay buddy we never agree

You just shot up on my scumdar
Paranoid much, detective?

Squiggly posted:

Games I didn't realize Hal was in for 200, Alex
Fair point. I won't fault you too strongly, because I made a call out on Dancer, but is there something else you're seeing?

Squiggly posted:

Why is voting the scummiest thing posted today disingenuous?
You seem p. sold on your Amni stuff as some sort of gotcha. Are you usually this sure about stuff. I can kind of buy your suspicion, but I feel like you're really laying it on thick with certainty. :thunk:

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Chief AA sir,

What's your read on bern who started this lie detector poo poo?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

I've dealt with AA enough that him saying I am barking up the wrong tree is enough to at least consider.

Also Squiggly isn't really backing up his argument today so I'm going to drop it.

##unvote

No conviction in your case work. Tsk tsk.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah, I don't kn ow what you're thinking is here, but I'm going to chalk it up to a brain fart. You were pretty tardy early on, but your work on Amni looks bad officer...

Paranoid much, detective?

Fair point. I won't fault you too strongly, because I made a call out on Dancer, but is there something else you're seeing?

You seem p. sold on your Amni stuff as some sort of gotcha. Are you usually this sure about stuff. I can kind of buy your suspicion, but I feel like you're really laying it on thick with certainty. :thunk:

Yeah agree with this read, this is why you are chief

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Dancer disappearing is not ideal either, and since IIRC they're an Euro we have maybe a few hours left where they might check in before the end. I vaguely recall that Dancer has a history of lurking pretty badly as scum, so hopefully calling them out gets their butt in here to make a better showing of it.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

take any scumreads of bernstrike you might be feeling with a grain of salt. i have it on good authority he just watched the joker movie

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Given the proximity to deadline, a Dancer push is out of the question. I think it's worth revisiting tomorrow if he doesn't return to thread. Squig might be worth looking to as well, a lot of strong conviction not backed up with words not crass or roleplay, but I've given plenty of those myself so I can't be too hypocritical, just looks curious.

Tuppence Djinn

Two Bit Cup Goblin

2 Penny bottle Imp

"Officer, hand over your badge."

##vote tuppence

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

Dancer disappearing is not ideal either, and since IIRC they're an Euro we have maybe a few hours left where they might check in before the end. I vaguely recall that Dancer has a history of lurking pretty badly as scum, so hopefully calling them out gets their butt in here to make a better showing of it.

they also lurk as 3p so either way, yeah

##vote dancer

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Given the proximity to deadline, a Dancer push is out of the question. I think it's worth revisiting tomorrow if he doesn't return to thread. Squig might be worth looking to as well, a lot of strong conviction not backed up with words not crass or roleplay, but I've given plenty of those myself so I can't be too hypocritical, just looks curious.

Tuppence Djinn

Two Bit Cup Goblin

2 Penny bottle Imp

"Officer, hand over your badge."

##vote tuppence

:argh:

##vote little imp man

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah Squiggly fixating on Amni's post to the degree he has isn't good, but the other side of me wonders if scum would stick their rear end out like that instead of trying to go more with the flow. I don't think I'd go for a Squiggly vote today, personally.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

Yeah Squiggly fixating on Amni's post to the degree he has isn't good, but the other side of me wonders if scum would stick their rear end out like that instead of trying to go more with the flow. I don't think I'd go for a Squiggly vote today, personally.

Squiggly always plays high-octane aggro mode

You'll see when he starts channeling taste and telling people to take their meds

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Humalong posted:

they also lurk as 3p so either way, yeah

##vote dancer

It has been over 2 days for dancer, just being in Europe wouldn't account for it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Squiggly always plays high-octane aggro mode

You'll see when he starts channeling taste and telling people to take their meds

Yeah but in this case I think the subject of his Aggro mode is too weak for me to really believe he couldn’t be bothered to look at anything else

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Leith Maclaine posted:

Chief AA sir,

What's your read on bern who started this lie detector poo poo?

There's usually a method to his madness that is a bit more clear than Gulag's, but if he keeps up gimmicky play across game days he's probably scum. It's meta only, but I take this type of play from the Birb as standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Leith Maclaine posted:

It has been over 2 days for dancer, just being in Europe wouldn't account for it.

This is my thing. It seems a bit much, but time will tell.