Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I get the flap meat at $5.69/lb. Fatty, connective tissue--- its the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Chinatown posted:

Its preseasoned and raw. Comes with cooking instructions on the label. This was last years.

what's the cook time on a smaller one you reckon

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

david_a posted:

There is no vinegar in sauerkraut

Not in real fermented sauerkraut, I doubt the stuff in the food court is that though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Suxpool posted:

what's the cook time on a smaller one you reckon

idk. my father uses his outdoor grill and it takes a few hours.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

I know it's gonna be a madhouse today at Coco but mon dieu... that ham, it is too beautiful.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
In MadDog 20/20 news:

Yup, still got em!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm at a kids birthday party at one of those indoor playgrounds where they make everyone take their shoes off. I can easily recognize all of the Costco parents by their sock brands.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
A 12 pack of 750ml bottles for $10? how is that not violating state minimums lmao

PBUC, truly the best choice for the cost sensitive hobo

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

So a case of Thunderbird is going to cost around $6.49?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

FWIW if your area doesn't have Bitchin Sauce, Whole Foods carries it. I'm personally whatever on it, but everybody should at least try it.

Bought a very nice Adidas hoodie on sale for $20 today.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

My brother picked up a serrano ham and is bringing it over on xmas day. My mom also bought a traditional ham and will be making that too. DOUBLE HAM Christmas!!!!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Costco has a full-down Eddie Bauer puffy jacket with hood for $40, it’s a really good deal

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I’m visiting family in Scottsdale AZ, and they had a lot of noteworthy finds. They had the acorn pig jamon and this:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Scornful Sexbot posted:

I’m visiting family in Scottsdale AZ, and they had a lot of noteworthy finds. They had the acorn pig jamon and this:

Highland Park is good, but I can't imagine that the 50 year old is worth as much as a nice used car.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Want to finance a bottle of booze

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

binge crotching posted:

Highland Park is good, but I can't imagine that the 50 year old is worth as much as a nice used car.

Reasonable new car. That's $14,000.

edit: poo poo wtf happened to car prices? A 2019 civic is 20k now. I got my Forester for 26k in 2013.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 22, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pennywise the Frown posted:

edit: poo poo wtf happened to car prices?
Lots of new convenience and safety features like Lane Depart Assist and Traffic Jam Assist that drive prices up?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Tim Whatley posted:

FWIW if your area doesn't have Bitchin Sauce, Whole Foods carries it. I'm personally whatever on it, but everybody should at least try it.

Bought a very nice Adidas hoodie on sale for $20 today.

Whole Foods has it but it’s like $6 for 4oz vs like 2 lbs for $8 at Costco.

That said my Costco hasn’t have it for several months now, might be more a spring/summer thing but I hope it comes back

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

edit: poo poo wtf happened to car prices? A 2019 civic is 20k now. I got my Forester for 26k in 2013.

Yeah, had to do some car shopping recently, and found out that new civics are almost twice as expensive as I remember.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

large hands posted:

Not in real fermented sauerkraut, I doubt the stuff in the food court is that though.

Idk, cabbage + salt is probably on par with cabbage + white vinegar pricewise. :shrug:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Need to get TP, salmon dip, and a ham. Will I die if I go to the 'co tomorrow?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

stealie72 posted:

Need to get TP, salmon dip, and a ham. Will I die if I go to the 'co tomorrow?

Yes but what a way to go! Plus they sell coffins.

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uhh civic prices have hardly gone up at all unless the last time you went shopping was in 1992 or something.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I was going to buy headphones from the website but they ended the sale over a week early, not blessed.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

You can get a Nissan Versa for under 13k before taxes.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I found the rare item that’s actually cheaper at Costco.com than in the warehouse. Will Costco price match itself?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm pretty sure they won't price match themselves. And it's not just online, sometimes prices can vary between warehouses too. I would ask a manager at the store though, maybe there's something they could do for you but it's probably easier to just get the item online.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

DiggityDoink posted:

You can get a Nissan Versa for under 13k before taxes.

versas are not blessed

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

binge crotching posted:

Picked up a six-pack, taste’s like old dirt, poured it down the drain and I’m returning the empty bottles for a full refund

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Casu Marzu posted:

Idk, cabbage + salt is probably on par with cabbage + white vinegar pricewise. :shrug:

Obviously, fermenting sauerkraut takes time though, I've got a big mason jar of purple kraut in the fridge and more doing it's thing in a crock on the counter. I'm curious how commercial type kraut is made now.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

large hands posted:

Obviously, fermenting sauerkraut takes time though, I've got a big mason jar of purple kraut in the fridge and more doing it's thing in a crock on the counter. I'm curious how commercial type kraut is made now.

Commercial kraut is never super funky as well as pretty drat soft. My guess is lactobacillus starter and/or the dregs of a previous batch mixed with shredded cabbage and more salt, and then held at a pretty warm temp to get it to turn acidic as quick as possible.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
CostCo has a fancier sauerkraut that I think is quite good, Wild Brine or something like that? Comes in a big square container with a green label. Crunchy and tangy.

The limp and faded cheap sauerkraut is horrible.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

david_a posted:

CostCo has a fancier sauerkraut that I think is quite good, Wild Brine or something like that? Comes in a big square container with a green label. Crunchy and tangy.

The limp and faded cheap sauerkraut is horrible.

I had a jar of that and used the dregs to kickstart my own kraut, it was really good

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

So how are ya'll storing your serrano hams? I'm seeing some stuff that says you can just put the skin/fat slices back on top and then cover it with cloth? Is anybody bothering to saran wrap the exposed part each time?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So how are ya'll storing your serrano hams? I'm seeing some stuff that says you can just put the skin/fat slices back on top and then cover it with cloth? Is anybody bothering to saran wrap the exposed part each time?

Don't saran wrap it will grow mold.

You can oil exposed areas, or a towel or whatever. I just have a piece of parchment paper loosely laying over the top to keep dust and dog hair off of it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

FogHelmut posted:

Don't saran wrap it will grow mold.

You can oil exposed areas, or a towel or whatever. I just have a piece of parchment paper loosely laying over the top to keep dust and dog hair off of it.

Ah ok sounds good. Are you generally tossing the top slice when you want to eat it again?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ah ok sounds good. Are you generally tossing the top slice when you want to eat it again?

No. Only if it looks dry, like more than a day or two.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I put the skin slices back on top, also just pressed a piece of foil down on top of it. No plastic wrap.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I haven't opened mine yet, but I bought a cotton muslin bag to store it in and hang it from a shelving unit. Planned on a little olive oil, parchment paper, then into the bag. Found them on Amazon, a six pack, labled as reusable grocery bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

uli2000 posted:

I haven't opened mine yet, but I bought a cotton muslin bag to store it in and hang it from a shelving unit. Planned on a little olive oil, parchment paper, then into the bag. Found them on Amazon, a six pack, labled as reusable grocery bags.

Oh, does the oil just act as a preservative?