Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Leith Maclaine posted:

I am thinking of it as an enjoyable move and I really doubt AA is going to drop an obvious tell over the first couple of days so I am appreciating his effort.

I watch vote patterns and shifts in votes usually and d1 is mostly noise to me unless someone does a really bad claim.

So I'm enjoying his work and plan on enjoying it thru a couple of days until I have enough data to work with.

2 penny bottle imp posted:

I like this post. Reminds me of my 1st partner on the force. Supple, agreeable...

I'm questioning this "compliment". It seems nice but supple and agreeable is not behavior to be encouraged in finding IA personnel.

Rereading all of 2 penny's other posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Given the proximity to deadline, a Dancer push is out of the question. I think it's worth revisiting tomorrow if he doesn't return to thread. Squig might be worth looking to as well, a lot of strong conviction not backed up with words not crass or roleplay, but I've given plenty of those myself so I can't be too hypocritical, just looks curious.

Tuppence Djinn

Two Bit Cup Goblin

2 Penny bottle Imp

"Officer, hand over your badge."

##vote tuppence

Sir,

Are we sure a Dancer push is out of the question? 4-5 of us have noticed the lurking pattern.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
Hot drat guys, it's day 1! Podima you have written like half the posts in the thread, I can't keep up with the needling. This seems to be a 100% power role game, so waiting for more action info would help a lot I think. Oh well. I seem to be well out of the meta.

I don't see myself getting out from in front of this bandwagon, so I'll just say that Tommu is confirmed town. Sorry if that isnt the best play to say it right now but it seems the best way I can use the info I have.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hot drat guys, it's day 1! Podima you have written like half the posts in the thread, I can't keep up with the needling. This seems to be a 100% power role game, so waiting for more action info would help a lot I think. Oh well. I seem to be well out of the meta.

I don't see myself getting out from in front of this bandwagon, so I'll just say that Tommu is confirmed town. Sorry if that isnt the best play to say it right now but it seems the best way I can use the info I have.

Podima posted:

Please point to the Gulag posts that changed your mind from seriousvoting him to voting Amnistar for calling him scum. Thank you!

I don't know how I can make my request for clarification clearer or more direct than that.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

feeling better about my vote

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Podima isn't over 20 percent of the posts today (and that is if I could today as starting at midnight) and he is less than 10 percent of the posts on the thread.

His votes are between you and Squiggly.

This just seems to be a complaint about a person making a good case against you.

[b]##vote 2 penny[b]

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Take two

##vote tuppence

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

Steak normally plays way better/more attentively than this

do i????

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If you’re about to get lynched fullclaim, dude

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

worst post ever ##vote 2 penny

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

what's so bad about it

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

these latest votes suck bigtime

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Podima posted:

I don't know how I can make my request for clarification clearer or more direct than that.

I have 3 posts in a row with incremental suspicion before my vote change. Read them or dont; pestering me in particular for opinions on posters when lurkers abound (including unfortunately my mason buddy tommu) is not very enticing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I don't see how you look at the claim post and thats what convinces you

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Podima isn't over 20 percent of the posts today (and that is if I could today as starting at midnight) and he is less than 10 percent of the posts on the thread.

His votes are between you and Squiggly.

This just seems to be a complaint about a person making a good case against you.

[b]##vote 2 penny[b]

I meant over half the words, not posts. An exaggeration maybe, but barely, if you exclude shitposts.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote steak

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I don't see how you look at the claim post and thats what convinces you

(because it's day 1, and moving my vote takes less effort when info is more minimal)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I have 3 posts in a row with incremental suspicion before my vote change. Read them or dont; pestering me in particular for opinions on posters when lurkers abound (including unfortunately my mason buddy tommu) is not very enticing.

I see your "increasing suspicion" on Amnistar but not the rationale for the reversal of your opinion on Gulag, is my problem here. Even with your half-claim I'm having a real hard time reconciling that.

Also, are you confirmed masons or what? I can't recall if Tommu is in Aus or Korea but hopefully he can chime in!

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

My scum reads are Leith, Amnistar, and Hum. Maybe Sandwolf trying to appear more active by increasing postcount, but saying little.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Podima posted:

I see your "increasing suspicion" on Amnistar but not the rationale for the reversal of your opinion on Gulag, is my problem here. Even with your half-claim I'm having a real hard time reconciling that.

Also, are you confirmed masons or what? I can't recall if Tommu is in Aus or Korea but hopefully he can chime in!

Oh gently caress if tommu is in diff time zone, my bad. didnt mean to call them out on semi lurking, and maybe wouldnt have fullclaimed in that case.

Yes, we are confirmed town (to eachother obvs).

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Podima posted:

Also lol at the gulag reversal comment. I can only vote one at a time. I dont read gulag as particularly townie, but the scales were tipped in favour of my vote going a diff direction.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I am finding the mason claim very believable, and it may be easy to check with night actions.

##unvote

Are we sure we can't do the Dancer lurking push?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Screw it,

Dancer lurking is the best case I have.

##vote Dancer

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why didnt you just say that to begin with jfc ##unvote

@hal the reason is it wasnt a claim post it was hedgy bullshit

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
back to ##vote bern

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

why didnt you just say that to begin with jfc ##unvote

@hal the reason is it wasnt a claim post it was hedgy bullshit

I guess it was clear he was claiming confirmed Mason's to me and that would be a terrible scum move so I figured it would give you pause if anything.

But if you didn't catch the Mason's part then maybe

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Dancer

Not voting out a confirmed mason, even if this is a fakeclaim the alternatives are that Tommu immediately counters them tomorrow or he and Tommu are scum together.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Steak posted:

back to ##vote bern

Remind me of your position on this? If it's the "lie detector" thing then you should really reconsider, it's been a net positive in terms of generating content.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess it was clear he was claiming confirmed Mason's to me and that would be a terrible scum move so I figured it would give you pause if anything.

But if you didn't catch the Mason's part then maybe

never played in a game with real confirmed masonry before

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If the claim is real then having confirmed masons owns actually since that's two confirmed town scum has to contend with. Extremely good poo poo!

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

It would be a very risky fakeclaim. Until countered, I believe the claim of Mason

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

Remind me of your position on this? If it's the "lie detector" thing then you should really reconsider, it's been a net positive in terms of generating content.

no, thats it.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Podima posted:

If the claim is real then having confirmed masons owns actually since that's two confirmed town scum has to contend with. Extremely good poo poo!

RIP one of us tonight.

Sorry Tommu...

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lunch all liars, and all that

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Steak posted:

lunch all liars, and all that

This is extremely dumb, come on. Look at something else.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We have approximately four hours left till deadline. I will not vote 2 penny, Amnistar, Birdstrike, or Gulag today. Beyond that I'm open to votes, but we really need to get something moving if we're going to secure an execution.

Votecount for Day 1

GulagDolls (3): Amnistar, 2 penny bottle imp, Dancer, Amnistar, Paul ReiserFS, Anomalous Amalgam, 2 penny bottle imp, Amnistar, Anomalous Amalgam
Bernstrike (3): Bernstrike, Bernstrike, Tommu, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
2 penny bottle imp (3): Bernstrike, GulagDolls, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Bernstrike, GulagDolls, Podima, Nep-Nep, GulagDolls, Podima, Mr. Humalong, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Steak, GulagDolls, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Steak, Podima
Amnistar (2): Squiggly, 2 penny bottle imp, Bernstrike, Leith Maclaine, Bernstrike, Leith Maclaine
Dancer (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Podima
Mr. Steak (2): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Bernstrike, Bernstrike, Bernstrike, GulagDolls
Squiggly (0): Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, GulagDolls, Mr. Steak, GulagDolls, Podima, Mr. Steak
Paul ReiserFS (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Nep-Nep (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Hal Incandenza (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Mr. Humalong (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Leith Maclaine (0): Amnistar, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep, Mr. Humalong, Amnistar
Sandwolf (0): Bernstrike, Bernstrike
Podima (0): Amnistar, Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (1): Sandwolf

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 21st, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CST -- that's in about 3 hours, 54 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Saturday night deadlines are really really bad and I advise against them for future game days, as an aside - let alone 1 AM EST deadlines during the holiday season!

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

You should add Tommu to that last. If 2 penny's claim is true, they are cleared also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Duh you're absolutely right, I was only looking at people who are currently on the table with votes but yes.