Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*not vote pod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Okay can someone do a reread cause I feel like gulag has been poo poo posting all day and providing almost no reasons for any of his actions

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Squiggly posted:

Okay can someone do a reread cause I feel like gulag has been poo poo posting all day and providing almost no reasons for any of his actions

It is v. funny posting but also terrible

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nah Gulag's posting is good actually.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

Nah Gulag's posting is good actually.

honestly yeah, its better than normal

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

Very helpful, please elaborate?

Podima posted:

Translation: Dancer is way more lurky than usual and parked a bad vote on Gulag, sure. I'd buy that, but it's a weird push to make out of nowhere at day end.

What about 2 penny bottle imp, AA? Also can you articulate your thoughts on Paul in a little more detail OOC please? I'm still getting bad vibes from him.

"Dancer such and such, but look here"

Podima posted:

##vote Dancer

Not voting out a confirmed mason, even if this is a fakeclaim the alternatives are that Tommu immediately counters them tomorrow or he and Tommu are scum together.

"Drat, a strong claim. Ill swap to dancer but that won't really go anywhere."

Podima posted:

Hmm that's an impressively fast vote swing.

"Uh oh. It's going places"

Podima posted:

I'd be open to a Steak execution TBH. Not feeling his play this game.
8:24 us cst, open to the idea because others show support.

Podima posted:

extremely Max voice What happens if I do... this? ##vote steakums

8:24 us cst *initiates*

Just looks weird to me, pod.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Flip that on its head, what benefit would it serve for theoretical Scumdima to try and flip the vote to Dancer and then back off? I guess maybe a no-execute but that's garbage.

Anyways go look at Steak and tell me what you think. The more I think about it the less happy I am with Dancer, lurking through two solid days pretty much nullifies their miller claim's cred - but I'd still like input on my gutfeels about steak-n-shake.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

"Dancer such and such, but look here"

"Drat, a strong claim. Ill swap to dancer but that won't really go anywhere."

"Uh oh. It's going places"

8:24 us cst, open to the idea because others show support.

8:24 us cst *initiates*

Just looks weird to me, pod.

Agreed. Plus the pages and pages of talking just screams try-hard-look-at-me-being-town-captain.

But we know who our captain is!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Wait dancer claimed miller

gently caress I'm slacking on reading this thread

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Podima posted:

Flip that on its head, what benefit would it serve for theoretical Scumdima to try and flip the vote to Dancer and then back off? I guess maybe a no-execute but that's garbage.

It serves scum if both you and dancer are scum. That is what he was suggesting.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Oh gently caress if tommu is in diff time zone, my bad. didnt mean to call them out on semi lurking, and maybe wouldnt have fullclaimed in that case.

Yes, we are confirmed town (to eachother obvs).

I am in a masonry with 2 penny bottle imp yes

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Tommu posted:

I am in a masonry with 2 penny bottle imp yes

Are you confirmed masons?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Also the whole 'go and do a full read on this person for me' is very tiresome, whether you are town or scum. Demanding in depth day 1 reads sounds like drudgery to me.

I have enough paperwork around here! *tosses pile of unfinished reports on top of my desk*

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Also the whole 'go and do a full read on this person for me' is very tiresome, whether you are town or scum. Demanding in depth day 1 reads sounds like drudgery to me.

I have enough paperwork around here! *tosses pile of unfinished reports on top of my desk*

My man there's helpful links in the OP of the thread that I asked the mod to put in there that you can click and show someone's post history in the thread, it's not that hard!

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Squiggly posted:

Are you confirmed masons?

Ye

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

My man there's helpful links in the OP of the thread that I asked the mod to put in there that you can click and show someone's post history in the thread, it's not that hard!

too late, lunch me tomorrow instead

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

##vote dancer

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I buy steak might be distracted by other ongoing games. It is curious that outside of penny the best thing they got is lying about lie detect on birb.

Looks more disengaged than anything, but again dancer is MIA and you effectively saved him after taking the lead on him after pushing two penny rather hard.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hello I posted my opinion on someone and asked others to give their input

Perhaps you signed up for the wrong game? Is Candy Land more your speed?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Eh okay, I'll revisit tomorrow. Thank you for reading him over for me!

##vote dancer

This is -2.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

:goofy:

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Don't forget, Podima has been asking for a lunch to finish before it gets too late and when we almost in agreement, they pull away.

Thinking dancer tonight, and then Podima tomorrow based on Dancer results.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote dancer

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Leith Maclaine posted:

Don't forget, Podima has been asking for a lunch to finish before it gets too late and when we almost in agreement, they pull away.

Thinking dancer tonight, and then Podima tomorrow based on Dancer results.

Didn't we disagree about chain lynches the first game we played together?

I think you're town but you're making this really hard for me man

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Squiggly posted:

Nah I'm pretty active this game. It's just that stirring the pot and asking for reads on people I have no opinions on yet in day 1 is a nice way for scum to get people looking the wrong direction.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It is perfectly reasonable to raise an eyebrow at how fast votes flip over to someone else when it was seemingly difficult to build a majority in the first place!

Let's get through today and see how things shake out.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote dancer

-1, some curious stuff going on atm though

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Before everyone last minute bandwagons, can we get some reasons attached to these votes? Is this a last second lurker lynch or what?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Oh :redhammer:

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Squiggly posted:

Didn't we disagree about chain lynches the first game we played together?

I think you're town but you're making this really hard for me man

I don't think so. I think we disagreed about something else. It was the who killed stalin if we want to look it up.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I buy steak might be distracted by other ongoing games. It is curious that outside of penny the best thing they got is lying about lie detect on birb.

Looks more disengaged than anything, but again dancer is MIA and you effectively saved him after taking the lead on him after pushing two penny rather hard.

to explain before hammer, and get more into my personal meta than i'd honestly like.... but well this has come up in several games since i made the conscious decision to change my d1 meta, that i feel it bears elucidating.

if you've noticed a shift in my meta you're correct. the reason is that i decided that i want to stop getting lunched d1 every game. this accounts for my severe decrease in d1 posting, as well as a decrease in aggressiveness. i'd much rather survive to play real mafia more often, so that's why i made this decision.

thanks

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

lol

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Metalol

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Dancer (9): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Podima, Mr. Humalong, 2 penny bottle imp, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Tommu, Podima, Nep-Nep, Anomalous Amalgam
GulagDolls (3): Amnistar, 2 penny bottle imp, Dancer, Amnistar, Paul ReiserFS, Anomalous Amalgam, 2 penny bottle imp, Amnistar, Anomalous Amalgam
Mr. Steak (2): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Bernstrike, Bernstrike, Bernstrike, GulagDolls, Podima, Podima
Bernstrike (1): Bernstrike, Bernstrike, Tommu, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Tommu
Amnistar (1): Squiggly, 2 penny bottle imp, Bernstrike, Leith Maclaine, Bernstrike, Leith Maclaine, 2 penny bottle imp
Squiggly (0): Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, GulagDolls, Mr. Steak, GulagDolls, Podima, Mr. Steak
Paul ReiserFS (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Nep-Nep (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Hal Incandenza (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Mr. Humalong (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Leith Maclaine (0): Amnistar, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep, Mr. Humalong, Amnistar
Sandwolf (0): Bernstrike, Bernstrike
2 penny bottle imp (0): Bernstrike, GulagDolls, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Bernstrike, GulagDolls, Podima, Nep-Nep, GulagDolls, Podima, Mr. Humalong, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Steak, GulagDolls, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Steak, Podima, Mr. Humalong, Anomalous Amalgam, Nep-Nep
Podima (0): Amnistar, Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (0):

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 21st, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 hours, 46 minutes.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

:redhammer: Flip in 10-15.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Without really know what, everyone agrees that Internal Affairs is certainly up to something. Even just their presence in the precinct has already thrown the day-to-day into chaos.

"I look like I'm one of them," Dancer pre-empts, "But really, I'm not!"

For awhile, this holds, and they're left to their devices. But as the day drags on, more and more officers interpret Dancer's conspicuous silence as an admission of guilt. At the end of the day, an agreement has been reached: Dancer will be suspended indefinitely.

At the end of the day, a memo goes out releasing Dancer's HR records:

Dancer, self-aligned Double-Agent (Miller Variant) has placed on suspension!

Dancer's HR File posted:

Undercover: No one knows you are actually undercover except yout handler - and they're mising in action. Keep your eyes peeled for other officers that may mistake you as one of the bad guys...
Evade Capture: Once per game, at any time, you can attempt to escape the NSA Agent. If you successfully target the NSA Agent, you win the game immediately.

Shortly after the memo about Dancer's suspension goes out, a reply is quickly broadcast to the precinct:

"Metro City PD, thank you for your assistance in helping my locate a rogue operative asset. I wish you good luck in your internal affairs dispute. Perhaps I'll be lucky enough to work with you all in the future. Signed:"

Hal Incandenza, NSA Agent (Lyncher Variant) has achieved their win condition and leaves their post!

:siren: Night actions in 24 hours or sooner, via PM or discord. Game will go back up immediately upon getting them all. :siren:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

:siren: All night action submissions have now been received. Processing actions and results now - expect the game to open shortly. :siren:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Everyone returns to the office the following day, baffled by the how the previous work day played out. Strange government agencies in the precinct? Who knew!

You sit at your desk and review the station's daily notices. It appears that:

Tommu, Buddy Cop (Confirmed Mason Variant) has been placed on Administrative Leave!

Tommu's HR File posted:

• Dynamic Duo: You and your partner have been working together forever - and you wouldn't have it any other way! You know they are also a member of the Boys in Blue. If you or your pal are suspended or placed on administrative leave, the other will retire at the end of the following day.
  • Deskmates: You and your partner may communicate outside the game at any time.

Your peers all seem to congregate around Tommu's desk, lamenting him being removed from his post. You notice there is an extra Ballpoint Pen on Tommu's desk.

:siren: The deadline for this day will be Thursday, Decemeber 26 @ 8:00 PM CST. :siren:

Deadlines will all be 72 hours or less moving forward - I just wanted to accommodate for folks' holiday schedules (and mine, too!) with this one.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Gee, how strange that the smooth-brained, infantile scum team killed one of the confirmed town. Such a brave and controversial choice of night kill from what is surely a real think-tank of arable geniuses.

Time to look back and see if one of the knuckleheads that talked about their items had a ballpoint pen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Gee, how strange that the smooth-brained, infantile scum team killed one of the confirmed town. Such a brave and controversial choice of night kill from what is surely a real think-tank of stable geniuses.

Time to look back and see if one of the knuckleheads that talked about their items had a ballpoint pen