Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MourningView posted:

They're one of like five college teams that runs a real offense from this century.

Also how can you be a KU fan for this long and still be such a baby about people not liking your team Christ.

cry more

But also, are we counting Dunk City as one of those real offenses from this century, because this is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Yeah if they’re gonna have this offense and give up 70 points to South Carolina, it’s safe to write them off for this year.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

J.J. Caldwell and Carlton Bragg are both suspended for New Mexico.

If what I’m hearing is true, they are for different things that happened on the same day, and Bragg will play in a couple games. Caldwell is likely done.

It’s a shame because, while I haven’t heard any specifics, Bragg’s is probably for something minor, but he’ll get dragged down because they happened on the same day.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Nova is actually insufferable, they're a basketball version of Notre Dame.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Dammit, Carlton! :smith:

(Though if it's for weed though I'm going to roll my eyes, who gives a poo poo.)

As for 'Nova, jokes aside, I can appreciate they're doing the college ball version of Golden State, it's efficient and cool. Jay Wright should be in the NBA a lot more than some of the folks who've jumped over there over the years. It's part of why I'm annoyed than Self went back to two post players in his offense, that type of thinking is going to keep Kansas from competing with teams like Villanova in the future.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Down to 3 unbeatens. Auburn, Liberty, and San Diego State.

This season has been a dream so far.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Down to 3 unbeatens. Auburn, Liberty, and San Diego State.

This season has been a dream so far.

Welcome back!

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

kiimo posted:

This is why I hate being #1. It is ALL they talked about the entire game. The crowd was feverishly begging for it. Everybody plays harder against the #1. Ranked #2 is easily the best position to be in.

Like this. Imagine liking Villanova or Philadelphia in general.

First ranked problems.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Welcome back!

I never left SA. Just TFF

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Probably Magic posted:

et tu, peanut pres, doin' a onetime evansville-vicinity poster over like this

Sorry friend but you chose to fight for the bad guys

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I never knew people had issue with Villanova lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

"Philly fans are annoying as gently caress" I say as I google which variant of Embiid jersey to get.

a neat cape posted:

I never left SA. Just TFF

Well, either way, it's good to see you.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Kim Jong Il posted:

Nova is actually insufferable, they're a basketball version of Notre Dame.

Nova won things in my lifetime, so this is clearly not true.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

sorry if you root for any team that’s not a mid-major you’re a jerk, i don’t make the rules

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

sorry if you root for any team that’s not a mid-major you’re a jerk, i don’t make the rules

checks out

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Probably Magic posted:

(Though if it's for weed though I'm going to roll my eyes, who gives a poo poo.)

Everything I’ve heard suggests Carlton’s might be due to an issue from the summer, which kinda seems like academics or something NCAA related. Nobody’s really saying anything severe about him. I hope it’s only something like that, cause he worked his butt off to be eligible and clean last year and has (from what I’ve seen) stayed out of trouble.

If we lose both of them we’re done. If Bragg is ok to go, we can still compete, even though I think SDSU is a mile ahead rn.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I root for a team that sucked and then was good and then paid an eastern European player and then sucked and had all that good poo poo erased and then became good again and then the coach got back problems and couldn't recruit or coach and then he got fired and replaced by a dude who talks like Christian Slater and we're good again yay.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Online Sixers fans drive me nuts but ever since that Deadspin article about Eagles fans that read like an anthropological study including a 4th and Jawn podcast and a man named Classic Jeff confirming that there is only one Karate Mike, I’ve determined that Philly is our greatest city.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

If the rumors about Bragg are true his drug habits included much more than weed

edit: and not that I'm judging, everybody that went to KU ingested mountains of drugs myself included

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Up to 15th

:)

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Houston won ESPN's made up Diamond Head tournament thing against Washington. And good god was that victory needed for morale, OOC play until last night was trashing low and mid-majors and not even coming close to beating BYU, Oregon, and Oklahoma State. At this point UH looks like a 10 to 12 seed.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Reports imply that Caldwell is under investigation for Battery, which is not great.

Bragg’s thing is apparently not drug related? Or academic? Or domestic violence related? I think something super minor happened and the timing was just super poor.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Good news. I always thought he just needed to grow up a bit. Wishing nothing but the best for Carlton Bragg and also Quentin Grimes while we're at it.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Yeah, gently caress Louisville.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/AlexSlitzPhoto/status/1211026195233591296?s=19

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Get hosed OSU.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
MY WEST loving VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS!

PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP MAKES THESE THINGS POSSIBLE FOR US ALL

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bob Huggins strikes me as more of a Biden guy to be honest.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Kyle Young played for OSU today with appendicitis

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Probably Magic posted:

Bob Huggins strikes me as more of a Biden guy to be honest.

Nah definitely a manchin guy, which is fitting really.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The plane Kansas was on had an engine failure trying to fly out of San Jose, so that's scary as poo poo. Man, I loving hate planes.

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for conference play to start. Big 12 is going to be absolutely brutal this year.
KU - West Virginia in Allen Fieldhouse on Saturday. ESPN can get sideways hosed with their ESPN+ poo poo though

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

yeah im ready for the conference play to start. k-state gonna go first to worst lets go

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Big XII is gonna be naaaaaasty this year. So many top tier defensive teams. Most games are going to be a race to 60 points. Ridiculous.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Imagine looking out your window and seeing this

https://twitter.com/ryanwhite_01/st...71-8df8e1b6e44d

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Probably Magic posted:

The plane Kansas was on had an engine failure trying to fly out of San Jose, so that's scary as poo poo. Man, I loving hate planes.

Normally that guarantees a conference tournament championship.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

We lost to Miami! Goddamn it Brad

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Iowa State lost to Florida A&M, and they really shouldn’t.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

elentar posted:

Iowa State lost to Florida A&M, and they really shouldn’t.

Haliburton was out and ISU is pretty bad this year but still lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

JJ Caldwell apparently got evicted from Lobo Village and Banned from registering by the Dean of Students, who is the wife of the DA handling his case.

So now they’re being sued for collusion and/or mishandling his situation. Good stuff from Lobo Nation today!

(Also it looks like the Coach and AD did not suspend Caldwell or Bragg, that seems to have been the president under recommendation of the Dean of Students)