Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
otoh Hal is gone so that’s a win, really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bernstrike posted:

otoh Hal is gone so that’s a win, really

:ghost: ouch :ghost:

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Lol you never even mentioned Dancer in a post. Well earned!

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

Time to look back and see if one of the knuckleheads that talked about their items had a ballpoint pen

I can confirm that our unique item wasn't a pen. So seems to be from the killer, ya.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mr. Humalong posted:

Gee, how strange that the smooth-brained, infantile scum team killed one of the confirmed town. Such a brave and controversial choice of night kill from what is surely a real think-tank of arable geniuses.

Time to look back and see if one of the knuckleheads that talked about their items had a ballpoint pen

This feels like a “congratulating the doc” scumtell kind of thing for some reason

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

I am finding the mason claim very believable, and it may be easy to check with night actions.

##unvote

Are we sure we can't do the Dancer lurking push?

Leith Maclaine posted:

Screw it,

Dancer lurking is the best case I have.

##vote Dancer

With stuff that happened near end of day this stands out to me in that it was a really fast turnaround, literally one minute between posts.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Paul ReiserFS posted:

This feels like a “congratulating the doc” scumtell kind of thing for some reason

Ya I kind of get that vibe.

Also I don't know how to read that scum NK'd tommu instead of me. Trying not to WIFOM the reasons.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paul ReiserFS posted:

youre gonna have to elaborate because i dont get how you see that here at all

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

youre gonna have to elaborate because i dont get how you see that here at all

For me, it looks very forced.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Nep-Nep posted:

With stuff that happened near end of day this stands out to me in that it was a really fast turnaround, literally one minute between posts.

I decided that someone needed to vote first when the case against 2 penny fell apart due to the mason claim, I decided that I should vote instead of just asking who is going to vote first.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

did anyone else get a cool message last night

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote steak :cheerdoge:

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

Nope. Care to reveal?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it said that if i was copped n1, the result would not be reliable. but it also was clearly not addressed to me. i don't think it was sent from town because this necessitates both the ability to a. know I was being framed or something and b. send the message. which seems. OP.

so either someone, probably scum is just sending out random disinformation to different people, or its just a game mechanic maybe tied to a role that gives random people messages. that may be truthful?

in any case, it's probably steak's fault

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GulagDolls posted:

a little birdy told me the pet detective is bad poh-lice

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the theory i feel the most strongly in my soul is that scum felt i would be copped early because everyone thinks im unreadable or w/e, and wanted to say the result was going to suck, but they accidentally gave me the message because they are failure idiots who suck at killing people.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Whanna give a hearty congratulations to my good friend Hal Incandenza for the win

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

the theory i feel the most strongly in my soul is that scum felt i would be copped early because everyone thinks im unreadable or w/e, and wanted to say the result was going to suck, but they accidentally gave me the message because they are failure idiots who suck at killing people.

What?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

Whanna give a hearty congratulations to my good friend Hal Incandenza for the win

Not me, booo! Secret agenda 3p scum won by pure luck! Pure luck I say!

*kicks at ground for never winning as 3P*

I'm not salty at all.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Not me, booo! Secret agenda 3p scum won by pure luck! Pure luck I say!

*kicks at ground for never winning as 3P*

I'm not salty at all.

I just lost a game as 3P my self, pal, I feel your pain

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

*only reads half of the 10 posts since day start and becomes confused*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

it said that if i was copped n1, the result would not be reliable. but it also was clearly not addressed to me. i don't think it was sent from town because this necessitates both the ability to a. know I was being framed or something and b. send the message. which seems. OP.

so either someone, probably scum is just sending out random disinformation to different people, or its just a game mechanic maybe tied to a role that gives random people messages. that may be truthful?

GulagDolls posted:

*only reads half of the 10 posts since day start and becomes confused*

I mean... what you're saying here just looks crazy to me is all lol

Are you saying, scum sent you an accidental message?

GulagDolls posted:

That just seems silly, so yeah... I'm confused

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

how tf am i supposed to know where the message came from definitively. like i said, it would be weird for a member of the town to know that a cop result on me could be faulty, and also have the ability to send message about it at the same time. no one man have all that power.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
if scum incompetence is what we have here, ##vote mr steak

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
This seems like more gulag bullshit.

Gulag are you voting stesk because you believe steak visited you and you something in flavor or results that confirms this? Because if so i will 100% vote steak, but if this is standard "im gulag dolls the interdimensional jester and soul diviner" shtick, good grief.

Which is it?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im voting him because I think he's scum. what the gently caress.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

:cheerdoge:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote birb

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
also after hammer yesterday I thought of the word ‘scumdums’ and it amused me

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idfk about that message. gulag is dumb

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

GulagDolls posted:

If there is a scum framer and a scum messenger why would they choose to both frame you and tell you about it

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

I decided that someone needed to vote first when the case against 2 penny fell apart due to the mason claim, I decided that I should vote instead of just asking who is going to vote first.

My issue with that wasn't that you put down the first vote but that you spent all of a minute deciding that you do not feel like looking for scum and would rather just rush down a lurker.

This is consistent with what you said earlier in the game about d1, it's really the timing that I'm hmming at here

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Nep-Nep posted:

My issue with that wasn't that you put down the first vote but that you spent all of a minute deciding that you do not feel like looking for scum and would rather just rush down a lurker.

This is consistent with what you said earlier in the game about d1, it's really the timing that I'm hmming at here

I had been asking for awhile if Dancer may have been a better target due to lurking.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
AA I think you misspelled “AA”

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

what particular brand of brainworms led several people to think i was voting steak for anything related to the message.

nep there's no reason anyone would send me a message telling me about myself. it probably is delivered randomly.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

there doesn't even need to be a scum framer in this scenario. just someone sending out disinformation. or it's a town role that randomly sends out true things to random people. it doesnt really matter.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Okay, I really didn't understand your line of thought about that.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Dancer (9): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Podima, Mr. Humalong, 2 penny bottle imp, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Tommu, Podima, Nep-Nep, Anomalous Amalgam
GulagDolls (3): Amnistar, 2 penny bottle imp, Dancer, Amnistar, Paul ReiserFS, Anomalous Amalgam, 2 penny bottle imp, Amnistar, Anomalous Amalgam
Mr. Steak (2): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Bernstrike, Bernstrike, Bernstrike, GulagDolls, Podima, Podima
Bernstrike (1): Bernstrike, Bernstrike, Tommu, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Tommu
Amnistar (1): Squiggly, 2 penny bottle imp, Bernstrike, Leith Maclaine, Bernstrike, Leith Maclaine, 2 penny bottle imp
Squiggly (0): Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, GulagDolls, Mr. Steak, GulagDolls, Podima, Mr. Steak
Paul ReiserFS (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Nep-Nep (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Hal Incandenza (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Mr. Humalong (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Leith Maclaine (0): Amnistar, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep, Mr. Humalong, Amnistar
Sandwolf (0): Bernstrike, Bernstrike
2 penny bottle imp (0): Bernstrike, GulagDolls, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Bernstrike, GulagDolls, Podima, Nep-Nep, GulagDolls, Podima, Mr. Humalong, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Steak, GulagDolls, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Steak, Podima, Mr. Humalong, Anomalous Amalgam, Nep-Nep
Podima (0): Amnistar, Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (0):

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 21st, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 hours, 46 minutes.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
scumteam in the rush to get off bottle imp and into dancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

right in there I think. and we can rule out bottle imp so that narrows it down a bit