Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bernstrike posted:

a little birdy told me the pet detective is bad poh-lice

People voting for Birdstrike: Do you believe this is a lie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

i dont see why he'd lie about something so meaningless. but why would it make him town?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if its true, i mean

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Podima posted:

Not voting for him, but I think it's a shitpost, not a lie.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Podima posted:

p much what others have said, am I really to believe Ace Ventura is a role in this one?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Amnistar posted:

Not voting for him, but I think it's a shitpost, not a lie.

That's fair. Birb, can you please confirm it's not a shitpost? Also did it read like an alignment cop result or like a message?

I already said I have reason to believe Gulag and Birb received information or messages last night and stand by that. Birb's play has struck me as quite towny with the lie detect gambit, reviewing vote patterns at end of day when we had an interesting shift, and being upfront about what could be a possible scum result. I understand why people are reading him as inconsistent, but I've played plenty of games with him - this is very much typical play for him as town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

@Podima
@Leith

Leith Maclaine posted:

Personal biases which is the reason I am not voting yet. Squiggly and I have tangled before and while I do find the lurking odd for him. It isn't a strong argument.

Above post makes me feel good about Leith, it probably would have been easier as scum to embellish a little and just vote for Squiggly.

Leith Maclaine posted:

Sir,

When did we become a transit precinct because there look to be some busses here?

The above post is weird but he eventually clarifies it’s about bandwagons not busses, but bandwagons are how we lunch anyone as town, so it just kind of felt like a very weird statement, with either definition of “busses.”

He then spends a LOT of time talking about lie detector garbage (which is a nulltell to me, because both sides have a vested interest in figuring out how it works) and then slowly begins to broach an imp vote before happily voting Dancer (who he had been suspicious of slightly prior).

He seemed to believe the mason claim in a pretty straightforward way, unvoting and moving to dancer.

I lean town on Leith

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

I lean town on Leith

Agreeing with this but I called it first yesterday you poser

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I'm also getting good vibes from AA but thinking back on it it's more his volume of posts than anything he's posted

Scum AA lurks way harder

Meta reads :agesilaus:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

With 8 hours to go I’m going to vote the leader I feel the worst about. I think most of the votes on Amni are incredibly disingenuous at best, and I don’t have a scum read of gulag at this point, so ##vote cheap imp

Mr. Humalong posted:

they also lurk as 3p so either way, yeah

##vote dancer

Mr. Humalong posted:

:argh:

##vote little imp man

Mr. Humalong posted:

good with ##vote dancer and trusting the confirmed masons claim

These votes by Hum are really weird and especially considering they make up a bulk of his posting. It strikes me as very inconsiderate, it doesn’t care where the winds are blowing, just quickly and discretely throwing a vote down on the vote leader.

Hum doesn’t really have anything in their post history to counterbalance this. I’d vote Hum, for sure.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amnistar posted:

Setup speculation:
I suspect there is not a single standard role in this game.

:rolleyes:

Why is this scumbo still in the game

Can y'all stop being so loving stupid for a day thanks in advance

##votw amnistar

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

Agreeing with this but I called it first yesterday you poser

Great minds think alike !!

I also think Squiggly is town but usually he takes until day 2 or 3 to start exposing some cracks anyways.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Sandwolf posted:

Man I’m lurking because I kind of hate this game. Gulag isn’t fun at all, Podima is bullying anyone who talks, bernstrikr made a dumb and scummy post and then steak got hounded for calling it out as such

I’m not scum though, this isn’t even my scum meta. *pulls toothpick out of ear* I’m a cop baby

Same, plus this role is lovely to play, plus I hate playing town since I suck at mafia.

This is going to be an interesting post:

##vote 2 penny bottle imp
##vote Amnistar
##vote Anomalous Amalgam
##vote Bernstrike
##vote GulagDolls
##vote Leith Maclaine
##vote Mr. Humalong
##vote Mr. Steak
##vote Nep-Nep
##vote Podima
##vote Sandwolf
##vote Squiggly

I'm a Lighting Rod variant, based on voting.

I misread my PM for day 1, and thought that I was targeted instead of them, but it's actually that I'm targeted BY them.

So I sent the message to (someone TBD if I will claim), and it got redirected to Gulag.

For proof, it was "If Gulag gets copped N1, the result is unreliable".

My thought was that if Gulag got copped (likely), it'd hit me instead and return town.

So let's see what shakes out tonight now that literally every action is hitting me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I cannot decipher that what in the hell

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Paul what does your role do separately from everything you just claimed about Gulag?

Did you just make it so all those people you voted are going to lightning rod to you?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Sandwolf posted:

Paul what does your role do separately from everything you just claimed about Gulag?

Did you just make it so all those people you voted are going to lightning rod to you?

Yes, every action is hitting me tonight

Either I broke the game by stopping the NK or I’m dead

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
So that's what you meant about needing to be very deliberate with your voting.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Paul ReiserFS posted:

How in the gently caress do you think what you just did is a pro-townie play?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Pretty sure you just broke the game as long as we don't kill the jailor...

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ruining 12 people’s NA to prove, I, myself, am town despite no pressure on the opposite conclusion

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Sandwolf posted:

How in the gently caress do you think what you just did is a pro-townie play?

Best case nobody is dead, worst case I am

Yolo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh that’s everyone in the game still alive

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Squiggly posted:

:rolleyes:

Why is this scumbo still in the game

Can y'all stop being so loving stupid for a day thanks in advance

##votw amnistar

Overly performative vote with a snipe that was specifically labelled so as not to be pretending to be contributing to the game..

Definately good to vote Squig as well.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

Pretty sure you just broke the game as long as we don't kill the jailor...

...the jailor? Excuse me??

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
oh I didn’t get a game message.

Also, I like the way Steakums has engaged with the substance of my theory about the d1 lunch. It feels like they’re coming from a town perspective ##unvote

Others, not so much

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

...the jailor? Excuse me??

probably should have kept my mouth shut, my bad. I did breadcrumb it a bit earlier about my NA getting hosed with. My target was unreachable.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bernstrike posted:

oh I didn’t get a game message.

Also, I like the way Steakums has engaged with the substance of my theory about the d1 lunch. It feels like they’re coming from a town perspective ##unvote

Others, not so much

faaaart, okay scum

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I’m thinking Podima / Gilag scumteam atm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Same, plus this role is lovely to play, plus I hate playing town since I suck at mafia.

This is going to be an interesting post:

##vote 2 penny bottle imp
##vote Amnistar
##vote Anomalous Amalgam
##vote Bernstrike
##vote GulagDolls
##vote Leith Maclaine
##vote Mr. Humalong
##vote Mr. Steak
##vote Nep-Nep
##vote Podima
##vote Sandwolf
##vote Squiggly

I'm a Lighting Rod variant, based on voting.

I misread my PM for day 1, and thought that I was targeted instead of them, but it's actually that I'm targeted BY them.

So I sent the message to (someone TBD if I will claim), and it got redirected to Gulag.

For proof, it was "If Gulag gets copped N1, the result is unreliable".

My thought was that if Gulag got copped (likely), it'd hit me instead and return town.

So let's see what shakes out tonight now that literally every action is hitting me.

lol if that's the entire player list? Didn't you just guarantee that you're going to die?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Like Pod I know it’s your thing but I feel like you’ve put in way more effort than the rest of this game deserves hahaha

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Well, actually nvm. I just remembered something important, and no it wasn't the presence of Docs or w.e.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

These votes by Hum are really weird and especially considering they make up a bulk of his posting. It strikes me as very inconsiderate, it doesn’t care where the winds are blowing, just quickly and discretely throwing a vote down on the vote leader.

Hum doesn’t really have anything in their post history to counterbalance this. I’d vote Hum, for sure.

You didn’t look at the context around those votes, did you? It shows, scum.

Also I am about 99% confident Paul is town.

##vote Sandwolf

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

lol if that's the entire player list? Didn't you just guarantee that you're going to die?

The doc (assumption) will also be targeting me, so we’ll see how it plays out

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Oh and ##unvote

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I have reason to believe there may be a busdriver in play.

The results from last night are not consistent with the words on the screen but it could just be tactics.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

So, paul, acting under the assumption that this works, your thoughts for who we should be placing on administrative leave?

It'll be relatively easy to find out if they're telling the truth, so I can't see this being a scum gambit.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Humalong posted:

You didn’t look at the context around those votes, did you? It shows, scum.

Also I am about 99% confident Paul is town.

##vote Sandwolf

Why are you that confident Paul is town?

Another question, you opened the day by criticizing the scum team's choice of night kill. What in particular is your issue with that, and why do you feel it was worth posting about?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Really Amnistar? You can’t see a way this is resolved? You think the mod forgot about a lightning rod who can distort the entirety of the game?

I bet Paul’s scum

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Leith Maclaine posted:

I have reason to believe there may be a busdriver in play.

The results from last night are not consistent with the words on the screen but it could just be tactics.

Yeah I said that already since Gulag got the message about him that was not sent to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I bet a kill goes through tonight and we get to spend a full day tomorrow like “whoa how could it be, was Paul lying?????”