Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Sandwolf posted:

Really Amnistar? You can’t see a way this is resolved? You think the mod forgot about a lightning rod who can distort the entirety of the game?

I bet Paul’s scum

Oh no, I can see this being resolved any number of ways. Many of which will make it clear, tommorrow, that they were lying. It's entirely possible that Paul is scum, but it's not super plausable that they would do a "i can break the game as lightning rod" gambit, D2, as scum, with minimal pressure placed on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

And actually doing this may just get me roleblocked and everything else plays out however

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Yeah I said that already since Gulag got the message about him that was not sent to him

Don’t lightning rods not have any awareness of who or what they’re loving with?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Amnistar posted:

probably should have kept my mouth shut, my bad. I did breadcrumb it a bit earlier about my NA getting hosed with. My target was unreachable.

Can you elaborate on the flavor of this?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

Can you elaborate on the flavor of this?

Uhh....nope. Not gonna touch that with a 10 foot pole. Not in a world where we leave behind clues about our identity when we visit people.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Yeah I said that already since Gulag got the message about him that was not sent to him

Missed that part, I am now even more confused by the results.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Paul, can you tell us the flavor of your lightning rod / messenger variant role?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amnistar posted:

Paul, can you tell us the flavor of your lightning rod / messenger variant role?

Gossip basically

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Gossip basically

Why did you send a message to someone saying that the alignment results of a cop can't be trusted on them?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Why did you send a message to someone saying that the alignment results of a cop can't be trusted on *gulag*?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

Uhh....nope. Not gonna touch that with a 10 foot pole. Not in a world where we leave behind clues about our identity when we visit people.

So you think everyone who got visited gets the object left behind, and not just the NK?

Didn't know that.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

So you think everyone who got visited gets the object left behind, and not just the NK?

Didn't know that.

No idea on that, it was an extrapolation. But I don't see any benefit that the town can gain from knowing flavor I received at this time. I selected a target for a night action, and was told my action failed as I could not find them.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Very paranoid

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

Why are you that confident Paul is town?

Another question, you opened the day by criticizing the scum team's choice of night kill. What in particular is your issue with that, and why do you feel it was worth posting about?

Why are you fishing? stop.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Amnistar posted:

No idea on that, it was an extrapolation. But I don't see any benefit that the town can gain from knowing flavor I received at this time. I selected a target for a night action, and was told my action failed as I could not find them.

Something similar happened to me and I want to know if the flavor matches, I won't press the matter for now.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Why are you fishing? stop.

Asking you to clarify your stances isn't fishing

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

Asking you to clarify your stances isn't fishing

It is absolutely fishing

Feeling real good about Sandwolf and nep being teammates

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

It is absolutely fishing

Feeling real good about Sandwolf and nep being teammates

This is transparent, hum, come on

##vote Hum

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote Humalong

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

This is transparent, hum, come on

##vote Hum

Nice omgus

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

Very paranoid

Man...I get yelled at for oversharing day 1 and then yelled at for undersharing day 2.

I just can't win.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lmao

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I will say I appreciate the comedy of the timing of our votes there given what hum just posted

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

I will say I appreciate the comedy of the timing of our votes there given what hum just posted

Good save!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lol, until you can point to any reason why you think I’m scum (in your own words) it’s actually not really an OMGUS.

I’m not voting you because you’re voting me. I’m voting you because you’re sniping, making statements and votes without any support. It’s incidental that it’s against me.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

Man...I get yelled at for oversharing day 1 and then yelled at for undersharing day 2.

I just can't win.

Welcome to my world

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, this is weird, huh. assuming paul's telling the truth he just made us all target him tonight. i have no clue how ability resolution will go, but probably paul's dead. then again maybe he'll get jailed and everything else will fail. does the scum factional kill even count as the player targeting you? probably? if theres a busdriver in the game, couldnt they swap you with anybody they want, making anybody else the lightning rod instead? all in all that was a dumb move but im super interested in what's gonna happen

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amnistar posted:

Why did you send a message to someone saying that the alignment results of a cop can't be trusted on them?

Gulag was getting redirected to me so he’d cop town (incorrect understanding as previously explained)

I did not send that to him, the message was busdriven or otherwise redirected

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
##unvote I like Sandwolf's day 2 posting. seems above board and in earnest. Suspicious of the bandwagon forming on him.

I thunk a massclaim might help at this point. Scum has a lot of inferred info to abuse by now anyway.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
also feeling like nep nep is scummy. lots of surface level analysis and just asking questions rather than reads driven by opinion. Going after Leith yesterday was easily walked back but gives the appearance of being engaged

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

2 penny bottle imp posted:

I thunk a massclaim might help at this point.

:bisonyes:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i have dark nep feelings

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

2 penny bottle imp posted:

I thunk a massclaim might help at this point.

No

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

what are you hiding?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bernstrike posted:

what are you hiding?

Uhhh??? The majority of the town’s roles from the scum, are ye fuckin’ stoned?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hum ran away as soon as I pushed back on his weak OMGUS argument

Bern is here trying to throw shade on someone arguing against a mass claim

I’d be above and beyond happy to vote for either of these two scummortz

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Mass claims are good, actually.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

massclaim is good for town

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why does it feel like gulag and bern have been literally the same person all game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This isn’t a matter of opinion, y’all are wrong. You don’t make the uninformed majority an informed majority by giving all the information available to everyone in the game (including the informed minority, who merely become more informed than the ‘informed majority’)