Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Including ripping off exterior pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

Including ripping off exterior pieces.

Somebody rescue it before he takes the doors off

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Price wrong.

Should be $6942.0

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/d/clayton-custom-2012-nissan-versa-yenko/7038870767.html

Yes, that's a fake rear diff in the 3rd pic.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The gently caress?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's surprisingly uhhhh nice(?) for Clayton lol

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Mr. Apollo posted:

Yes, that's a fake rear diff in the 3rd pic.

Where the hell do you get a fake rear diff/axle and traction bars? Did he loving fabricate them?

It would maybe work on a better car suited for it like an Accord coupe or something

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

You know what? I give him points for the humor behind the diff and traction bars. My only gripe is the Dodge dog dishes used on a "Yenko".

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Next up is a COPO Nissan.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

"Man! This car is FAST! Always used Synthetic. MOBIL SYNTHETIC!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hate when people use the phrase "turn key" to describe a car.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

ORIGINAL PAINT!!!!! on a car thats like less than 10 and obviously stock looking always bugged me.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

In Florida that's actually a thing because if you don't wash and wax on the regular and the car sits outside the paint WILL be hosed in less than ten years, so there's lots of cars with new (lovely) paint jobs.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Where the hell do you get a fake rear diff/axle and traction bars? Did he loving fabricate them?
It has a solid rear axle so yeah, I guess he just cut a rear diff in half and welded it onto the axle.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Yikes... "sleeper", "wolf in sheep's clothing". The guy's exactly 180 off, like his brain must be in his head.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
He calls it a sheep in wolf's clothing. It's a bizzare waste of money, but dude is definitely in on the joke.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Network42 posted:

He calls it a sheep in wolf's clothing. It's a bizzare waste of money, but dude is definitely in on the joke.

Exactly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Apollo posted:

It has a solid rear axle so yeah, I guess he just cut a rear diff in half and welded it onto the axle.

"Welded."

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
You can simply split the diff case and bolt it on top of the solid rear axle. Or jbweld, whatever. No matter what he says it is, he's still a poser. A "sleeper"is an exact opposite of this

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Applebees Appetizer posted:

In Florida that's actually a thing because if you don't wash and wax on the regular and the car sits outside the paint WILL be hosed in less than ten years, so there's lots of cars with new (lovely) paint jobs.

Point taken, but I see that in local ads, which aren't in the sun belt. I know what they're trying to do, they see 30, 40, 50 year old cars with things like "original paint" as being a selling point so they think it'll help their cause. But it just sounds funny to me.

Speaking of that, is that more strictly a florida thing, or a southern states thing? Like is it that same in Texas, Arizona, Mississippi etc?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah anywhere in the south where it gets really hot. hosed up paint is actually a good barometer because it usually means they didn't take care of the rest of the car either. Some manufacturers do better than others paint quality wise, but usually once the clear coat starts baking off it's hosed. I've seen lots of cars less than ten years old with the clear coat disintegrating.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/brandon-1965-mustang-ranchero/7045828978.html

Never knew such a thing existed

Also when the hell did these things become so valuable? This has to be a crackpipe price right?

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/tampa-1993-vw-volkswagen-corrado-slc/7046056854.html

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I've seen $11k Corrado's before. Somehow they go for more than the Porsches they were supposed to replace

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I never got the appeal of the Corrado.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Frond posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oh3mw6ur-E

...and that's about it. It looks cool but I can't say I'd have it over a regular mk2 (or a scirocco, if you want to draw parallels another way)

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 30, 2019

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
There were less that 10,000 of them in the US, total. And for someone who grew up tinkering with VWs, it's the unobtainable rarity, that is only getting rare and more expensive. 20 years from now, pristine low mileage VR6 Corrado is going to make headlines, when it sells at Barron Jackson for stupid money. Just like those rare option Camaros, GTOs etc. People want rare cars, not because they are the best cars, but because of the collector's value.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Frond posted:

they look cool! but probably arent that great of a 'drivers' car, even when they were new.

but they did sound cool if you upgraded the supercharged version with a lysholm screw charger

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I liked the Corrado, hard to explain why. Looks sorta struck a chord with me and yeah it was supercharged so there was that.

Probably saw one in the wild.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I almost bought a very used Corrado from a local dealership around 2003. I really liked it, test-drove it, and had one of my first adult moments when I realized this wasn't the car I should be spending resources on.

Now I see how stupid that was and that I should have bought it for the couple $k it cost at the time.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Frond posted:

I drove a Scirocco 16v for 10 years, and the Corrado is a nice update from that. All the same, I'd still probably prefer another Scircco.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Corrados were the beginning of VW putting way too many electrical things to break in their cars. It's the original MK3. The G60 is slow and the VR6 is well, a VR6. Don't get me wrong I love VRs but I also have had enough of them to understand the massive amount of attention they require to keep running. I love VWs but a Corrado just doesn't seem worth it, especially for what they go for these days.

A Scirocco will always be the superior car just don't tell the Corrado guys.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

shy boy from chess club posted:

A Scirocco Golf will always be the superior car just don't tell the Corrado guys.

I've really never understood why someone would buy a Golf platform car other than the Golf

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Rollin my eyes irl just like all us cool guys do when another Golf rolls up

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I think it's the novelty factor, because golfs are everywhere

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

shy boy from chess club posted:

Rollin my eyes irl just like all us cool guys do when another Golf rolls up

It's my ex girlfriend and her new girlfriend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

StormDrain posted:

It's my ex girlfriend and her new girlfriend.

But then she'd be driving a Subaru...

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Is it an absolute beat to hell gimmick? Yes. Do I still laugh like a maniac every time I see it? Of course. $1500 for a treasure.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Is the G60 version desirable? $13k for a running, inspected car with <25k miles isn't bad, regardless of year.

https://www.duncanimports.com/wholesale-used/Volkswagen/1990-Volkswagen-Corrado-4446b40e0a0e08bd0ec8c2dd79e1b3ec.htm

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Nitrox posted:

I think it's the novelty factor, because golfs are everywhere

If you're going for novelty factor then there are plenty of actually interesting models to choose from. With a non-Golf all you end up with is something just as boring as a Golf but without the practicality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

https://nmi.craigslist.org/ctd/d/grand-blanc-2006-bmw-m5/7047610062.html

I might opt for that warranty they mention.

nadmonk fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 3, 2020