Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Stairmaster posted:

I'm too let down by 2 to care

Hot take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

MARCH 28 :getin: :getin: :getin:

e: seriously, the Heaven's Feel 3 release date dropped and I'm the first person to post about it? I'm pretty sure I'm a couple days late, even. Y'all sleeping

I mean... it's going to probably be in theaters a few months before it starts circulating in a very limited release in America, and then it'll be on Japanese home video a few months before it comes out over here in it's most easily perusable form, on top of being the theatrical version of a story that everyone already knows the ending(s) to

Anime movies are like that. Staggered releases generate staggered hype.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah like I’m excited for HF3 but it will probably be at least a year before I can actually see it.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

My local distributor brought HF2 to theaters in little less than two months after the Japanese premiere :getin:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah here in the US Fathom Events has been fairly quick getting the subbed versions into theaters, late March in Japan probably means like April-May in the US

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also what the gently caress @ calling Lost Butterfly a disappointment, that movie loving owned

Also also god drat the new Aimer song in the trailer is loving hype as hell, I can't wait for the full version to drop

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The film should have been two separate movies the paving really suffers for it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I don't strictly disagree, there's stuff they skimmed over that would be nice to have in more detail, but frankly I also kind of get it

The HF movies are basically laser-focusing on Sakura, which means anything Not Sakura is kind of getting shafted a little

But I also can't get super mad at that because all that stuff is strong as hell in the movies

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Dr Pepper posted:

They should just have at least one episode with Gudako. Nobody comments on it

Gudako absolutely does show up in the first order OVA, she just kinda gets blown up by the bomb with the other masters.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ryoga posted:

Gudako absolutely does show up in the first order OVA, she just kinda gets blown up by the bomb with the other masters.

who cares

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ryoga posted:

One of several reasons first order sucks

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ryoga posted:

Weird for the main villain to be taken out so early.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Rody One Half posted:

One of several reasons first order sucks

At least it gave us Caster Cu being loving awesome.

If only he was that good in the game :negative:

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

HF2 is probably the strongest animated piece of Fate media so far and you're literally insane if you think it's bad.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it's actually archer vs berserker

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RevolverDivider posted:

HF2 is probably the strongest animated piece of Fate media so far and you're literally insane if you think it's bad.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
spring song is going to be loving lit and if you're not capable enough of enjoying good things to see that, that's on you

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
The best animated Fate media is actually the VN's nonsense bonus videos

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

nrook posted:

The best animated Fate media is actually the VN's nonsense bonus videos

The Taiga’s Dojo Shorts at the ends of Carnival Phantasm we’re pretty on point.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://youtu.be/PzrGGyPMfoo

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa5F0WwDz8w

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

The best animated fate thing is the carnival phantasm grail war wacky races.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
motherfucker they're not releasing the full version of that sick new Aimer song until March 25? :argh:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cooking game for the switch

https://twitter.com/tam_00xx/status/1212009218988838913

Endorph fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 31, 2019

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1212009305211199489

trailer for this very important game

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Finally the Switch will get the killer app it so desperately needed.

Also I know it has nowhere near as much importance but holy poo poo it's happening
https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1212009835866181635

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's just a commercial for the books;

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tae posted:

It's just a commercial for the books;

Oh. Well there goes that hype.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Finally a good Fate game.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So my fiancee and I have been watching Zero together (rewatch for me, first time for her)

We're coming up on the end of s1 and:

- she hates Ryuunosuke to the point where she wanted to drop the show until I told her he gets turbo ganked (she's a teacher and bad things happening to children kinda gets her hackles up)

(meanwhile she really likes Kariya and, while I have a feeling she's already picked up on this from me giving her the basic gist of HF as a trigger warning of sorts, I don't have the heart to tell her just how badly that ends)

- she has decided Kiritsugu is my edgy anime doppleganger, and I feel like that's kind of a lowkey brutal own on me

- she has also nicknamed Kiritsugu "Murder Daddy" which is just loving hilarious to me and I'm never not calling him that now

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 3, 2020

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It seems this news has been out there for a few days already but Yuuji Yamaguchi, who directed Deen's Fate/stay night adaptation and the UBW movie, has passed away.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 10, 2020

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

I'm not going to say anything callous but I wouldn't be exactly thrilled at Deen's FSN being what I'm remembered by.

Also all the links in the article point to Ufotable's work rather than the man's.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Conspiratiorist posted:

I'm not going to say anything callous but I wouldn't be exactly thrilled at Deen's FSN being what I'm remembered by.
I'm not going to say anything callous, but [holds megaphone to mouth] THIS GUY SUCKED

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A) a man died jesus
B) deen/stay night is an important part of the franchise's trajectory and not an awful show even if it has some issues
C) he also was heavily involved on suite precure (a fairly well regarded season of that show), directing almost 15 episodes of its 50 episode run, as well as storyboarding 10 of those episodes
D) the man also directed gaogaigar final and storyboarded various other parts of gaogaigar, deen/stay night is hardly his only legacy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

Also all the links in the article point to Ufotable's work rather than the man's.

go suck your own rear end

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Endorph posted:

C) he also was heavily involved on suite precure (a fairly well regarded season of that show), directing almost 15 episodes of its 50 episode run, as well as storyboarding 10 of those episodes
D) the man also directed gaogaigar final and storyboarded various other parts of gaogaigar, deen/stay night is hardly his only legacy

This is my point. The man had a long career, and directed amazing things like GaoGaiGar Final and Crime Edge, so it's odd pointing at only FSN and then going on to link to FSN franchise works he had nothing to do with - I think whoever wrote the article mixed things up.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Haha owned

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Conspiratiorist posted:

This is my point. The man had a long career, and directed amazing things like GaoGaiGar Final and Crime Edge, so it's odd pointing at only FSN and then going on to link to FSN franchise works he had nothing to do with - I think whoever wrote the article mixed things up.

to be fair i think the average person would recognize deen/stay night far more than crime edge

though yeah i do think the person who made that specific article mixed it up.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I don't care how dead you are, if you ever made something I didn't like I will kick your fuckin rear end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
rip to the yamibou guy