Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/rileighsmirl/status/1209223841463099398?s=20

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Thumbnail looks like Leatherface smoking through a slash in his neck.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

:hmbol: mama

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Well, I laughed

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This was about five pages back, but when Obi-Wan said he had the high ground, he was talking about the moral high ground. This noticeably runs counter to another quote by evil general Dark Helmet: "Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Supersonic Shine has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Dec 24, 2019

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Supersonic Shine posted:

This was about five pages back, but when Obi-Wan said he had the high ground, he was talking about the moral high ground. This noticeably runs counter to another quote by the evil Emperor Dark Helmet: "Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Arthur G. Evil, to give him his full name.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRTBM4UwnBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmmCW8Cz7mE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDwVkXVHIqg

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Rozzbot posted:

Can wizards have Asperger's?

Yes, Ron has Asperger's. It's just never mentioned in the books.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Supersonic Shine posted:

This was about five pages back, but when Obi-Wan said he had the high ground, he was talking about the moral high ground. This noticeably runs counter to another quote by evil general Dark Helmet: "Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

That's even dumber!

Also wanted point out that Bush's “Little Things” from their classic alt rock album 16 stone nails the “little a” rhetorical framing of the cats salami meme some 30 years before the meme's genesis.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:hmmyes:

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Shriners hat, chicken?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Fez, pheasant.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Heath posted:

Fez, fezn’t.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bent graduation cap, weird duck

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loaeo2HVhW0

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Bent graduation cap, weird duck chicken

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

fez, fezain't :colbert:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k71Lyi3zH4&hd=1

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Meme has a point. I hate star wars nerds way more than the bad movies

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

Prequel hate didn't invent toxic fandom, but it did a lot to make me aware of toxic fandom.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What was the first toxic fandom? Sherlock Holmes?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

zoux posted:

What was the first toxic fandom? Sherlock Holmes?

I mean, Christians got way too obsessed with this one character in the bible...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

whynotboth.gif

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Poor, innocent Disney, forced to make bad movies by people being mad on the internet

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Poor, innocent Disney, forced to make bad movies by people being mad on the internet

Show me on the action figure where the fun space wizard movie touched you

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Rose having her character almost completely abandoned in this one was because of all the hatred she got for daring to not be a white man.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The virgin Disney and the chad Michael Bay

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Killer robot posted:

Prequel hate didn't invent toxic fandom, but it did a lot to make me aware of toxic fandom.
As someone who participated it in during his dipshit phase, I do regret it... but at least I got out before the loving Nazis came in and took over.

Rise of the Skywalker loving owns. It's so precision-engineered to avoid offending anyone that you have to be actively trying to hate it or to love it. I'm reminded of a quote I don't know the source for-- "The Gods' cruellest punishment was when they would give man exactly what he wanted." And that's what Rise of the Skywalker is-- everything Star Wars fans thought they wanted, and now that they've got it I'm visibly watching many of them force themselves to grow the gently caress up and it's great.

chitoryu12 posted:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Rose having her character almost completely abandoned in this one was because of all the hatred she got for daring to not be a white man.
It 100% was the same way they dialed back Jar Jar for Episode II.

This comic also loving owns because it came out over a year ago:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The Mandalorian is great and TFA, Rebels, Clone Wars and Rogue One all were great. Disney is doing a great job imo despite some stinkers.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Gulag everyone with star wars opinions imo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Those are definitely a fetish thing, knock it off

mind the walrus posted:

This comic also loving owns because it came out over a year ago:

Disney well on track at turning Star Wars into an okay but not tragic to watch series like Marvel movies, as a decline from its original Fury Road level of quality.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

mind the walrus posted:

As someone who participated it in during his dipshit phase, I do regret it... but at least I got out before the loving Nazis came in and took over.

Rise of the Skywalker loving owns. It's so precision-engineered to avoid offending anyone that you have to be actively trying to hate it or to love it. I'm reminded of a quote I don't know the source for-- "The Gods' cruellest punishment was when they would give man exactly what he wanted." And that's what Rise of the Skywalker is-- everything Star Wars fans thought they wanted, and now that they've got it I'm visibly watching many of them force themselves to grow the gently caress up and it's great.

It 100% was the same way they dialed back Jar Jar for Episode II.

Honestly, this is the reason I hated Rise of Skywalker. I'm one of the ones that loved Last Jedi, and was very much there for something different. So to have this loud, barely coherent roller coaster ride of checking boxes finish everything off was disappointing as hell.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bike tory posted:

I mean, Christians got way too obsessed with this one character in the bible...

It certainly wasn't Jesus

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Milo and POTUS posted:

It was, but in the same way that people totally love Tyler Durden.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

I guess you're right, so it's more like it spawned a fanfic community

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Afaik Paradise Lost is the most influential fan fiction so far