Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Endorph posted:

moviebob's also referring to a random medium article getting five negative comments as 'ganging up on marginalized people'

oh i remember that one. its really dumb clintonite article about how the game is trumpist and how unions will make trump strong and hurt LGBT people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Do not even ask posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3XnKr0lvDw

the greatest christmas gift: waluigi finally getting the respect he deserves

That mustache being a months-long bit for this is amazing.

e- also the best youtube comment section I've seen in a while.

ArfJason posted:

i remember watching that as a kid who knew nothing about jewish stuff and it was a trip lol

A Macca-baby's gotta do what a Macca-baby's gotta do!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

McCloud posted:

I think it's curious you're blaming JJ but when that the best idea Rian had for FN was to send him on a pointless sidequest to Bespin 2: Capitalism harder and go through the same character beats as he did in TFA, and just generally wasting the character. Also kind of funny that the heroes of the rebellion save the semi-sentient horses but leave the human children to slavery.

I'm not saying JJ is without blame in this catastrophe, he gave the NT a rough start with his obsession with mystery boxes, but at this point I'd say they both share a significant portion of the blame for the sorry state of the franchise

they are both at fault for different reasons. rian did have some good ideas(luke, kylo,rey and snoke) but he hosed around to much and the structure and the story of the movie were weak as gently caress. JJ has a much better idea of your standard star wars movie, but he is unable to go beyond that and he made the same mistakes twice. he needed a good writer and disney didnt deliver. disney should have had an over arching plan of where they wanted to go and they didnt. so now they have a mess.

holy moly what a loving prick.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

let's beat him up

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Crocoswine posted:

let's beat him up

high school jocks allegedly did that already.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Crocoswine posted:

let's beat him up
People beating Bob up is what gave us his current form

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

This thread having unironic moviebob supporters is the most baffling poo poo

I honestly thought they were doing a bit at first.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

This thread is like an episode of EastEnders without the amount of arguments and insults that get thrown around at Christmas time

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kim Justice posted:

This thread is like an episode of EastEnders without the amount of arguments and insults that get thrown around at Christmas time

If I could have Phil Mitchell destroy everyone in this thread I would

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

no need we’re all severely self destructive

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rian Johnson made the best Star Wars movie since Empire and left off with a perfect set-up for a finale, it’s not his fault Disney and JJ then decided they needed to spend half their movie directly responding to Reddit threads

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Augus posted:

Rian Johnson made the best Star Wars movie since Empire and left off with a perfect set-up for a finale, it’s not his fault Disney and JJ then decided they needed to spend half their movie directly responding to Reddit threads
No you see StarWars movies need to stop rehasing the original trilogy but also TLJ is terrible because I can't easily guess what the final movie will be beat for beat based on its ending.

RLM's review of ROS seemed fine, I liked the term 'passive progressive' to describe the blink and you'll miss it gay kiss. Felt like they went really easy on JJ though, not sure why 'JJ was put in a bad position' excuses the poo poo awful plot but the same consideration isn't extended to RJ when he had to explain why the gently caress Luke Skywalker was hermiting it up on planet nowhere while his student went around killing his friends.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I want to see what Colin Trevorrow’s Rise of Skywalker would have been like. Book of Henry certainly got much more of a reaction out of me.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Justin McElroy is a piece of poo poo

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1209235912569303042?s=19

Love two harass a wage slave on Christmas Eve and broadcast that harassment to thousands of people

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
wont somebody think of the ppl claiming cbd cures autism

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1209257611012558852?s=21

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah considering he started the entire tweet series with

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1209234111161864197?s=19

I am highly skeptical about his attempt at saving face

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

A big flaming stink posted:

Love two harass a wage slave on Christmas Eve and broadcast that harassment to thousands of people

Snake oil peddlers are class traitors, you lose any right to mercy once you start telling people that dosing their kids with $30/bottle cbd is gonna make the autism go away

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
do you really think that confronting someone selling snake oil to ppl by preying on society's hosed up attitudes toward autism is anywhere on the same level like power tripping on a jcpenny cashier

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

CmdrKing posted:

Oh hey actual newish content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V68GCZ61Rc

Eyepatch Wolf talks about Final Fantasy VII, specifically why it became the epoch marker in jRPGs it is. Somewhat indirectly he touches on some reasons nothing has truly displaced it as such.

Great video that definitely highlights a lot of reasons why the game's so great. I really hope the remake does it justice.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Kim Justice posted:

GET OUT OF MY PUB

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

hey as someone with autism, gently caress you for defending grifters who profit from exploiting those of us and those who care about us who don't know better. this dude's complicit in a scam, not a working-class hero.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
cbd peddlers should have their heads shoved into a toilet bowl until the bubbles stop coming up

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so... the counter jockey owns the store, i guess, and isn't just clocking in for a check?

e: like i think y'all are mostly just trying to justify this because, for some ungodly loving reason, the mcelroy brothers have brainwormed everyone into treating them as sacred cows

if she'd been yelling at the actual snake oil peddler and not just the person they hired who presumably just wants to pay their drat bills, sure, but i'm pretty sure that's just some random cashier.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 24, 2019

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i am against CBD woo nonsense and i am also against yelling at wage slaves over poo poo that is pretty well out of their hands

you can be two things

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
ok I'll admit I jumped the gun wrt this situation, so my bad y'all.

In complete unrelated news holy poo poo Henry Cavill as geralt owns.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
its good to mock and harass people who sell literal snake oil to desperate people, even if they dont make a lot of money.

if the guy is psychologically scarred by this experience, maybe he should just take some cbd oil to cure it

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/mauriciogamedev/status/1209576019608457216?s=19

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
too much bad poo poo in life to feel bad for lovely people. cheer when bad things happen to bad people. get excited when horrible people die in car accidents. live mas

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Farg posted:

its good to mock and harass people who sell literal snake oil to desperate people, even if they dont make a lot of money.

if the guy is psychologically scarred by this experience, maybe he should just take some cbd oil to cure it

Farg posted:

too much bad poo poo in life to feel bad for lovely people. cheer when bad things happen to bad people. get excited when horrible people die in car accidents. live mas

man the point of what i said just sailed right the gently caress over your head didn't it

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I get why some people don't like the McElroys; they can get on my nerves occasionally. But "Sydnee might have been mean to a con artist" isn't quite the smoking gun some people are making it out to be.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CYBEReris posted:

hey as someone with autism, gently caress you for defending grifters who profit from exploiting those of us and those who care about us who don't know better
theyre defending the mcelroys?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the mcelroys are home owners who have mkultra'd a generation into thinking a cis dude doing a falsetto on a dungeons and dragons podcast is trans representation, lol

and 'dude who works at a cbd store' isn't exactly an innocent victim but why is he filming and tweeting about this. behold the raw power of my wife arguing with a minor goon

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i just really don't see this as hugely different from, like, going into a hobby lobby to scream at the cashiers about how it's a fundie store run by human garbage, or going into a chick-fil-a to call the employees homophobes

you're not wrong, but you're also being a huge rear end in a top hat to people who are several steps down the food chain from the part of the company you're mad at, who likely can't just pull a job out of a hat and are working there because it both pays money and would willingly hire them rather than because they want to be part of the problem

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the mcelroys get too much ally credit for being big name funnymen who pass a low bar of being decent but that doesn't make them grifters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

even if the employee is in on the grift its not like spending 15 minutes arguing with him and posting it on twitter solves anything, its a move that only exists to prop up your own ego, esp. when the tweet is framed so much on 'my wife is such a badass look how much she's owning this employee' and not using your platform to maybe spread a warning about grifts like this

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

even if the employee is in on the grift its not like spending 15 minutes arguing with him and posting it on twitter solves anything, its a move that only exists to prop up your own ego, esp. when the tweet is framed so much on 'my wife is such a badass look how much she's owning this employee' and not using your platform to maybe spread a warning about grifts like this

he pretty clearly just thought it was notable/funny because sydnee is the expert on a podcast they do about horrible medical practices and woo

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

man the point of what i said just sailed right the gently caress over your head didn't it

dog that was a christmas pop-up shop. she asked for the manager and that person was it.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Why are we automatically assuming person in store is some poor wage slave goon when the thread says that the fella chose to have a discussion about it?

They're claiming CBD cures autism, therefore gently caress 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CYBEReris posted:

he pretty clearly just thought it was notable/funny because sydnee is the expert on a podcast they do about horrible medical practices and woo
yeah but why not link to that podcast at least

idk it just reeks of using the real victimization of autistic people as a prop for internet good guy points. which is a lesser crime than selling cbd to people under false pretenses but still doesnt make me think well of them