Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I don't remember if I already asked this but can you jump sweeps and mikiri thrusts that aren't perilous attacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Surprised we haven't seen any DLC yet

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Really doesn't look like we're going to get any, i think the whole shop is working on the ring game

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I guess only DS got sequels but hhas Miyazaki and his lads ever not been the team on the first in a series?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Can you win Grnnichiro first time you meet him?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yes but his little bird freak buddy swoops in and chops your arm off anyway.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm getting served sekiro ads again on twitch & youtube but its probably just because it won GotY

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Really doesn't look like we're going to get any, i think the whole shop is working on the ring game

Yeah this . Trying to meditate my hype down to manageable levels because I don't think we will see a release date soon, it sounds like a really ambitious project for them. Not really expecting more info til E3 but i'd be happy to get surprised -- do we even know if it's coming to PS4/XB1 or could it be a next gen thing?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Next gen is all back compat so it doesn't really matter

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Next gen is all back compat so it doesn't really matter

the pc is simply incredible. you can experience 40 years of gaming history with a relatively easy open dos install thru a thumbdive. thank you lord gates

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This cricket cave area is the most viscerally repulsive Fromsoft thing I’ve experienced

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It’s badass that there are Bloodborne style items in this game like fat deposits and “Red Lumps”. The Wolf is either a complete ice cold killer or the biggest pussy ever depending on how / how well you play this game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I still don’t get what the deal was with the giant rope guy

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ive been doing ok but I feel like I will never be able to punish a sweep attack the way I can punish grabs and thrusts and that the first boss that uses them excessively will be basically impossible for me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So far though this might be the best feeling action game I’ve ever played. Pretty wild leap from Dark Souls to this

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Ive been doing ok but I feel like I will never be able to punish a sweep attack the way I can punish grabs and thrusts and that the first boss that uses them excessively will be basically impossible for me.

While there's nothing for sweeps that lets you completely destroy them like mikiri does for thrusts, there's a skill on the monk tree that lets you get some extra damage in as opposed to just jumping.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

armor knight is the best character in from soft gaming

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

That was me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lmfao

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

A straw doll (Japanese: 藁人形) is a bundle of straw that imitates the shape of a human. It is often meant to symbolize fear or imprisonment, and was commonly used to adorn a coffin as cursing tool.

In the game, the over-sized doll transports Sekiro from the Wedding Cave to Fountainhead Palace.

There is a wooden piece protruding from its back, with words written on it, called an ofuda or fulu. This is a magical talisman that traditionally functioned as summons or instructions to deities, spirits, or as tools of exorcism.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

A straw doll (Japanese: 藁人形) is a bundle of straw that imitates the shape of a human. It is often meant to symbolize fear or imprisonment, and was commonly used to adorn a coffin as cursing tool.

In the game, the over-sized doll transports Sekiro from the Wedding Cave to Fountainhead Palace.

There is a wooden piece protruding from its back, with words written on it, called an ofuda or fulu. This is a magical talisman that traditionally functioned as summons or instructions to deities, spirits, or as tools of exorcism.

:thanks:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

When I first starting playign this game I thought that I mostly didnt care about Ninjas, samurais, the Shogunate, shuriken kunai katanas etc. But now I know that I do. I love all those things. Theyre all loving awesome

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*hitting literally any airborne enemy with a shuriken* BITCH YOU THOUGHT

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

net cafe scandal posted:

When I first starting playign this game I thought that I mostly didnt care about Ninjas, samurais, the Shogunate, shuriken kunai katanas etc. But now I know that I do. I love all those things. Theyre all loving awesome

THis

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I already loved all that stuff so this game’s overstimulating me

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
I just started playing this even though i've never beaten a souls game and i loving suck. i went into the bell memory as soon as i got it so now im stuck dying to the drunk guy and i've already got like 4 rot essences which i'm assuming are bad lol

edit: eventually beat the drunk but kept getting killed by lady butterfly so i went back to the present(?). got killed by the chained ogre like 20 times but then killed gyoubu on my first try, this game owns. now im stuck on the bull

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Dec 31, 2019

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
rot essences do practically nothing, carry on gamer

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

its still very funny to me that if you're bad at the game your friends get aids

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

net cafe scandal posted:

Same, there's something about a person with a giant katana dodging around in robes that really got under my skin after playing this.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Aston posted:

Same, there's something about a person with a giant katana dodging around in robes that really got under my skin after playing this.
Thank you, Jolyon Maugham QC.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Beat the bull once I found the firecracker, went around finding more prosthetics, and now I’m trying to climb the temple but the annoying shuriken guys keep owning me

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
guardian ape keeps kicking my rear end. sick boss fight though

edit: beat it lol

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 3, 2020

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The death blow where Sekiro kind of stirs the blade in the guys neck while facing away is my favorite gaming animation of 2019

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

net cafe scandal posted:

The death blow where Sekiro kind of stirs the blade in the guys neck while facing away is my favorite gaming animation of 2019

the mikiri death blow on spear guys where the guys head turns into an item bag like how cartoon characters heads turn into delicious turkeys

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

the mikiri death blow on spear guys where the guys head turns into an item bag like how cartoon characters heads turn into delicious turkeys

lol

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
jesus christ the Owl.......... boss fight was intense.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The pagoda fights are loving lit.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

OR whatever you call that. I love how you can see ______Owl's real personality come through in some of his attacks... His stomp punish for breaking your guard and the mikiri counter thing he can do is some very sick poo poo.. Dudes a loving killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wish I could live at the Fountainhead Palace as a chill carp man. Its so pretty. This game feels like living in Princess Mononoke .