Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
even if you're a wage-slave that still doesn't excuse stanning snake-oil poo poo. no job description has 'defend the honor of cbd curing autism for 10 minutes'. even if it did still gently caress you. in my opinion defending that isn't much different from 'listen a lot of cops are just doing what they have to do to make the ends meet how dare you give them rude looks'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Again: selling snake oil makes you a class traitor scumbag because even if you aren't the shop owner, you're getting your wages from directly preying on the vulnerable and ignorant.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CBD stands for Cock and Ball Destruction

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Augus posted:

this cures many people's depression

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
there's plenty of hoarded wealth to expropriate from billionaire ghouls that we don't need to demonize some basically kind nerds from appalachia as master-grade propagandists for capital. justin in particular has been increasingly anticapitalist on sawbones and dragging in d&d podcast fandom arguments is disengenuous.

also, I'm an autistic+adhd adult who works with autistic and adhd kids and the snake oil poo poo is making it so much harder for them.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Farg posted:

even if you're a wage-slave that still doesn't excuse stanning snake-oil poo poo. no job description has 'defend the honor of cbd curing autism for 10 minutes'. even if it did still gently caress you. in my opinion defending that isn't much different from 'listen a lot of cops are just doing what they have to do to make the ends meet how dare you give them rude looks'

Yea if the person was just someone working there for the sake of getting a paycheck instead of being a believer they'd probably just...give out the contact information of the owner when asked about it instead of arguing. It's not that complicated.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

idk maybe if she beat the poo poo out of him it'd be cool but I'm pretty sure yelling at the dude will change absolutely nothing and he's just gonna be like "drat that bitch is crazy lol"

No one even stood up and clapped it's bullshit!!!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

This reminds me, one small but lovely side effect of the recent UK election is that the end of his reaction to PJW’s reaction to his soy experiment is now really awkward.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 24, 2019

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The next video better be about child labor on Tatooine and how it fits into the adventures of Qui-Gon Jin and Obi Wan Kenobi. Hint hint.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Augus posted:

I have to think there's some boomer out there who's browsing around on YouTube, and they find that people post full songs, so they go searching for songs by Chicago. They see "Old Days" and they watch it, thinking back to some fond memory when they first heard it, until they scroll down and see the comments on it.

How do you think they process that?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

I have to think there's some boomer out there who's browsing around on YouTube, and they find that people post full songs, so they go searching for songs by Chicago. They see "Old Days" and they watch it, thinking back to some fond memory when they first heard it, until they scroll down and see the comments on it.

How do you think they process that?

i'm sure it varies from person to person

i had to spend a very wearying series of evenings explaining the concept of internet trolling to my dad, after he almost divorced his second wife because some guy she knew from high school was posting racy comments on her facebook page and he thought they were having an affair

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

grittyreboot posted:

I get why some people don't like the McElroys; they can get on my nerves occasionally. But "Sydnee might have been mean to a con artist" isn't quite the smoking gun some people are making it out to be.

CBD is a cult, there's no point in engaging with these kinds of people

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

As a bisexual trans person who grew up in a rural hellhole, the writer of that article is 100% full of poo poo, actively erasing the existence of people like me because it doesn't fit their narrative, and - much like film blob - is using performative, hyperbolic displays of hating "rural regressives" as a salve to assure themselves that their liberal, passive online grievance politics are actually good because at least they aren't one of the dirty cis hillbillies they've convinced themselves everyone outside of a metro is.

They can get hosed and they should feel bad for writing such garbage.
Someone having a poo poo take on media(Which to be clear is very much the case here.)and their take making them an harassment Target are not mutually exclusive. The thread got that the last time this was brought up.

Even you said Online criticism is vicious even past the extent that the receiver loving up can justify. Why can't this be the case here?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

CBD is bad but yeah this whole thing has similar vibes of those “creationist DESTROYED” type videos. You’re not wrong but I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Calling him a homeowner is kind of funny though, he lives in WV you can get a four bedroom house there for less than a new car

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Rockit posted:

Someone having a poo poo take on media(Which to be clear is very much the case here.)and their take making them an harassment Target are not mutually exclusive. The thread got that the last time this was brought up.

Even you said Online criticism is vicious even past the extent that the receiver loving up can justify. Why can't this be the case here?
It certainly can but bringing it up again as though its garbage point was legitimate, should also be taken that the speaker is a garbage human.

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Terrible Opinions posted:

It certainly can but bringing it up again as though its garbage point was legitimate, should also be taken that the speaker is a garbage human.
Bob's take is even dumber but the conservation wasn't about him at that point.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Rockit posted:

Because I remember when that article came out, and if the author got any real harassment, it was well after they tried to start poo poo themselves by accusing Benson of fomenting a hate mob by quote tweeting their article and (frankly, too nicely) pointing out the several very basic factual errors it makes. The article writer isn't just wrong, they're also a huge rear end in a top hat who went into the situation with openly bad intentions, so I have zero sympathy.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

watho posted:

CBD is bad but yeah this whole thing has similar vibes of those “creationist DESTROYED” type videos. You’re not wrong but I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish

yes it's this. It's exactly this and it's so goddamned lame and I really doubt the guy she was arguing with was DESTROYED or whatever. It's nothing this is all just fuckin nothing

at least take a poo poo on the floor or something hosed up like that

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

poparena posted:

*sigh* Anyway, have a holiday content, my look at A Rugrats Chanukah and the relationship between the cartoon and Judaism.

this special taught me pretty much everything i knew about judaism until like, college

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Merry Christmas, thread

E: image removed because of identifying information

lol

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 25, 2019

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SA: birthplace and still the proud home of the cultural marxist conspiracy.

I don’t even have a twitter.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Fabricated posted:

Merry Christmas, thread

lol

Is that really the Raenir Salazar who posts here?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I was wondering why he hadn't done the "show me where they said the bigotted thing directly" sealioning recently.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Lmao, hope bob sees this bro

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

God bless us, everyone.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is that touching the poop?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Merry Christmas, thread

lol
lmao

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1mKButlxxk

holy poo poo Dan you went all in for this one

(this is some quality cinematography for youtube man well done)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Leal posted:

Is that touching the poop?

theres at least a full hand in there

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Merry Christmas, thread

lol

jesus christ

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Because I remember when that article came out, and if the author got any real harassment, it was well after they tried to start poo poo themselves by accusing Benson of fomenting a hate mob by quote tweeting their article and (frankly, too nicely) pointing out the several very basic factual errors it makes. The article writer isn't just wrong, they're also a huge rear end in a top hat who went into the situation with openly bad intentions, so I have zero sympathy.

If what one claims to remember were enough then their take wouldn’t be poo poo.

So forgive me for not buying that. Besides just because someone blames the wrong person for something does not mean they’re just making it up.

It’s not even like she’s saying Scott of intentionally got people to gang up on her like what bob’s saying. More like his words inadvertently got her attention from drama trolls and he should have known That would happened.

Is that correct? Probably not. But it’s hardly the kind of take that proves she’s a liar or whatever.

Rockit fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 25, 2019

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Merry Christmas, thread

lol

Holy poo poo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmfao ok i love this thread again

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Rockit posted:

It’s not even like she’s saying Scott of intentionally got people to gang up on her like what bob’s saying.

That's actually exactly what she did, so

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Fabricated posted:

Merry Christmas, thread

lol

so he was an IK after all. its a Christmas miracle. like thats honestly sad that someone is stupidly devoted enough to do this poo poo. like i get defending famous people. but lol if your going full jacob wohl for loving movie bob.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 25, 2019

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

That's actually exactly what she did, so
My memory disagrees.
I do recall her calling him out she framed it with the reasons i'd said she had .

She's also on record saying as such.
Though again even if she say it like that so what? It could just be a sign she reacts to harassment more irrationally than normal.

Rockit fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 25, 2019

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Merry Christmas, thread

lol

Hahaha of course it’s them saying that, who else really.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 25, 2019

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Edited the image out of the thread because there was some potential identifying information in them and Id rather this thread nto get caught up in some doxxing shitstorm, as unlikely as that may be. Feel free to keep making fun of the bad tweet tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Junpei Hyde posted:

Edited the image out of the thread because there was some potential identifying information in them and Id rather this thread nto get caught up in some doxxing shitstorm, as unlikely as that may be. Feel free to keep making fun of the bad tweet tho
Ah, sorry about that then. I saw the name and did a double take.