Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I used to work in a small-midsize public arena/convention center and our best ever time for getting people out when someone set the alarm off was a little over 20 minutes, and that was for only like 200 people.

The public is insanely dumb and stubborn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqKdVo_IcGs&t=9s

Everyone's likely seen the crash video of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961, what you probably don't know is a lot of people survived the impact but then drowned because a bunch of people inflated their life jackets inside the aircraft even though they'd been told not to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Airlines_Flight_961#Fate_of_the_passengers_and_crew

quote:

Many of the passengers survived the initial crash, but they had disregarded or did not hear Leul's warning not to inflate their life jackets inside the aircraft, causing them to be pushed against the ceiling of the fuselage by the inflated life jackets when water flooded in. Unable to escape, they drowned. An estimated 60 to 80 passengers, strapped to their seats, presumably drowned.

Whenever I'm on an airplane I quietly resent the assholes who don't pay attention to the safety drill, because those people are going to get me killed even if I survive a crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

wesleywillis posted:

Those people didn't die. They were relocated to the government camps to be, ummm shall we say, "re-educated". The Children were divided up into two groups. One was given a full dose of vaccines to induce autism in them, while the others were sold to the globalist elite pizza-pedophile rings. Adults were given mind control injections and are currently on loan to the Russian military for training in Siberia for the purposes of being turned in to special agents for the illuminati, when they finally decide to reveal themselves and take over the world. There'll be nothing we can do to stop it because these mind controlled so called "victims" of 9/11 will be super soldiers trained in the most deadly forms of hand to hand combat and backed by the weaponry of the illuminati, and other secret government super weapons like the HAARP facility that can set off Earthquakes and Tsunamis.

In other words, George Bush Jr is still loving us, long after he left office.
Visit my website at https://www.informationbattles.com to learn more.

Post username combo of 2019 here!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm always in an exit row. If my plane goes down you'll find me on the escape door rolling down to old maui.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

wesleywillis posted:

Those people didn't die. They were relocated to the government camps to be, ummm shall we say, "re-educated". The Children were divided up into two groups. One was given a full dose of vaccines to induce autism in them, while the others were sold to the globalist elite pizza-pedophile rings. Adults were given mind control injections and are currently on loan to the Russian military for training in Siberia for the purposes of being turned in to special agents for the illuminati, when they finally decide to reveal themselves and take over the world. There'll be nothing we can do to stop it because these mind controlled so called "victims" of 9/11 will be super soldiers trained in the most deadly forms of hand to hand combat and backed by the weaponry of the illuminati, and other secret government super weapons like the HAARP facility that can set off Earthquakes and Tsunamis.

In other words, George Bush Jr is still loving us, long after he left office.
Visit my website at https://www.informationbattles.com to learn more.

I've been on those forums for 18 years and I've used the report button maybe like 5 times? And this was one of them.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Guess you didn't like my Alex Jones parody huh?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

wesleywillis posted:

Guess you didn't like my Alex Jones parody huh?

oh poo poo I thought you were serious

mostly because you included a link

sorry. I got accosted the other day by a Alex Jones type who kept ranting about 9/11 and the Weiner laptop & etc and I'm a little raised up

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smiling Jack posted:

I've been on those forums for 18 years and I've used the report button maybe like 5 times? And this was one of them.

What were the other 4 jokes you didn't get?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

tactlessbastard posted:

What were the other 4 jokes you didn't get?

mostly about my mom

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Smiling Jack posted:

Video evidence is weird. You almost always either need an admission "yeah that's me in the video", a witness "yes, I was there and I did a formal, court-approved identification procedure and that's him in the video" or absolutely picture-perfect quality where a jury is sure that's the defendant in the video and other independent evidence that the act took place.

I was on a jury for a murder trial last year that involved a lot of neighborhood surveillance cameras and cop bodycam footage. The surveillance camera footage was several hours-long videos with only a few minutes of each that were relevant (the rest just boring neighborhood stuff) and the bodycam footage had only a few minutes that we were allowed to watch*. In order for it to be reviewed in the jury room they had to bring in the DVDs and a bailiff to stop and start the DVD player at the right times. Someone on the jury asked the judge if there was a better way to handle this, and apparently editing everything down to the few minutes of admissible video wasn't an option since the DVDs were burned from the cameras using approved software so they were the only official copy that could be used.

*Turns out the reason that only a few minutes of the bodycams were admissible is because most of the rest consisted of a shitload of bystanders telling the police "it was [defendent], I see him around here all of the time and he is definitely the one who shot up the neighborhood and murdered that guy," but they all refused to come in to court.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

withak posted:

I was on a jury for a murder trial last year that involved a lot of neighborhood surveillance cameras and cop bodycam footage. The surveillance camera footage was several hours-long videos with only a few minutes of each that were relevant (the rest just boring neighborhood stuff) and the bodycam footage had only a few minutes that we were allowed to watch*. In order for it to be reviewed in the jury room they had to bring in the DVDs and a bailiff to stop and start the DVD player at the right times. Someone on the jury asked the judge if there was a better way to handle this, and apparently editing everything down to the few minutes of admissible video wasn't an option since the DVDs were burned from the cameras using approved software so they were the only official copy that could be used.

*Turns out the reason that only a few minutes of the bodycams were admissible is because most of the rest consisted of a shitload of bystanders telling the police "it was [defendent], I see him around here all of the time and he is definitely the one who shot up the neighborhood and murdered that guy," but they all refused to come in to court.

Good to see the law has caught up to the year 2002.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
goddamn this thread got heated for a moment. lets all cool it down with some hot forklift action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGyFnV2686c

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Smiling Jack posted:

Use it less

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Burt Sexual posted:

Use it less

Talk about mod sass, hachi machi!

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Burt Sexual posted:

Use it less

part of me wondered what would happen tbh

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Smiling Jack posted:

part of me wondered what would happen tbh

Just funnin y’all, can’t I get a burn in once in a while? Have fun here.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

goddamn this thread got heated for a moment. lets all cool it down with some hot forklift action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGyFnV2686c

Empty or not, how the gently caress did #8 catch a beer keg and not have his shoulder immediately/loudly/painfully separate from its joint? :gonk:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Burt Sexual posted:

Reported

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Reported

for being too cool

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

On Spirit chat, my folks flew Spirit cause it was budget. They got on the plane, everyone was ready to go then during fueling someone noticed that the tires were all completely bald and about to explode and they de-boarded the whole plane. Apparently it was a 6 hour wait. Just glad they caught it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Flights as low as one dollar!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

Of course you can, just let us know when you think you're ready.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

moonshine is...... posted:

On Spirit chat, my folks flew Spirit cause it was budget. They got on the plane, everyone was ready to go then during fueling someone noticed that the tires were all completely bald and about to explode and they de-boarded the whole plane. Apparently it was a 6 hour wait. Just glad they caught it.

Spirit is definitely gonna go into receivership with zero warning and a bunch of people are gonna just end up stuck wherever they're at because of it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Of course you can, just let us know when you think you're ready.

It’s in the queue.

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT
I know glove chat was a page ago, but I wanted to chime in. I wear these all of the time when I'm working (heavy duty mechanic), and it is seriously night and day from not having any gloves in terms of minor nicks, cuts, and scrapes. And they're form fitting enough that doing electrical wiring, or tiny little screws is rarely an issue. The few times they've gotten caught they just tear away, so I'm not really worried about getting my hand pulled into something. I've gotten so used to wearing them that now it feels weird to even open my tool box bare handed, let alone work on something.

They won't protect from like hammer blows, or heavy poo poo falling on them, but for 90% of the little minor injuries they are amazing, while sacrificing almost no dexterity or sensitivity.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
A friend's coworker did a number on the back of her left hand with a grinder, like "is that bone? Oh poo poo!" bad. The gloves, they did nothing.

Still probably better to wear them while grinding than not.

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

`Nemesis posted:

A friend's coworker did a number on the back of her left hand with a grinder, like "is that bone? Oh poo poo!" bad. The gloves, they did nothing.

Yeah anything that goes through steel is gonna do a number on gloves. But they do give you that fraction of a second to pull your hand away before you lose any skin. Sometimes. Um. Sucks about your coworker. I worked with a guy who was using one with a cutoff disc and no gloves. Also he didn't have the guard on it. Ended up with like nine stitches, and no permanent nerve damage somehow.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

`Nemesis posted:

I had to read this twice before i realized she hadn't cut a literal number into the back of her hands

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF3pButGRAc

I don’t think that’s the recommended procedure.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Platystemon posted:

I don’t think that’s the recommended procedure.

I’m no rocket surgeon, but that looks like some weapons-grade stupid right there.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Rocket gas is worse, glad he didn't try that

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Hey, it's the low lead mixture.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first Christmas when I didn't want it to be Christmas, but it sure feels that way.

Edit: Thought I was in a different thread, sorry.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Smiling Jack posted:

One of the only firms at the Word Trade Center to take evacuations seriously was Morgan Stanley, thanks mostly to head of security Rick Rescorla and his security staff. Rescorla drilled everyone on evacuations and on 9/11, after the first plane hit Tower 2, disregarded a stay in place order and evacuated Morgan Stanley from tower 1 and WTC 5.

When the second plane hit, Morgan Stanley was mostly already evacuated from the building, and only suffered 10 casualties, Rick Rescorla and most of his security staff among them.

If you think you should evacuate, and you safely can, loving go.

One of the only times you should not evacuate is during an Earthquake. If there is an Earthquake, get under a solid desk or table and ride it out; many deaths are from people getting hit by falling bricks and the like, and the strongest motions occur in the first 5-10 seconds. Only leave the building if you see evidence of fire or flooding from broken pipes *after* the shaking stops, and be aware of unstable buildings and downed power lines.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Burt Sexual posted:

One needs to be careful about burns in the OSHA thread.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

It’s in the queue.

Now you're getting it!

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

EKDS5k posted:

I know glove chat was a page ago, but I wanted to chime in. I wear these all of the time when I'm working (heavy duty mechanic), and it is seriously night and day from not having any gloves in terms of minor nicks, cuts, and scrapes. And they're form fitting enough that doing electrical wiring, or tiny little screws is rarely an issue. The few times they've gotten caught they just tear away, so I'm not really worried about getting my hand pulled into something. I've gotten so used to wearing them that now it feels weird to even open my tool box bare handed, let alone work on something.

They won't protect from like hammer blows, or heavy poo poo falling on them, but for 90% of the little minor injuries they are amazing, while sacrificing almost no dexterity or sensitivity.

They look interesting, but what the hell is a propriety washing procedure?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Ika posted:

They look interesting, but what the hell is a propriety washing procedure?
Trade secret process to get the plasticizers what turn frogs gay out of your plastic gloves.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

zedprime posted:

Trade secret process to get the plasticizers what turn frogs gay out of your plastic gloves.

What do they do with the gay-frog chemicals afterwards?

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

I guess so you don't get cancer just from wearing the gloves. It's kinda moot anyway given the crap that gets spilled on them while I'm working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Erisian Automata posted:

What do they do with the gay-frog chemicals afterwards?
It's a coproduct sold to the new world order to dump in the ponds to turn the frogs gay.