Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Sui is very, very, very good.

Also, this might be an odd recommendation and not entirely a food comic, but I've grown a soft spot for The Duchess's 50 Tea Recipes. Also an isekai/reincarnation story of sorts, and our protag finds herself in the body of a previously meek noblewoman who everybody looked down upon. She decides "gently caress it, I wanna enjoy tea" in a culture that's mostly coffee drinking. Her passion for tea brightens up her personality and she finally makes friends and warms up her cold duke husband.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Compendium posted:

Also, this might be an odd recommendation and not entirely a food comic, but I've grown a soft spot for The Duchess's 50 Tea Recipes. Also an isekai/reincarnation story of sorts, and our protag finds herself in the body of a previously meek noblewoman who everybody looked down upon. She decides "gently caress it, I wanna enjoy tea" in a culture that's mostly coffee drinking. Her passion for tea brightens up her personality and she finally makes friends and warms up her cold duke husband.
I've read it and recommended it in the Isekai thread, it's good.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Sui's Big Adventure
Sui continues to be best slime.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
In case people have Netflix, there's another season of Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories that's up. I binged on it and it's wonderful and charming as always. I keep rewatching the Chicken Fried Rice episode...

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Compendium posted:

Sui is very, very, very good.

I’m mad there isn’t more of this. That’s why I try to only read completed things...

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Catching up on some releases:

Mermaid Princess meets a kindred spirit

Celebrating the new year with Nomi Joshi

Also, I don't remember if I've recommended it in this thread, but Sleepy Barmaid is a bartending manga with nice art.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Izakaya "Nobu"
Time for some seasonal Tempura. And a seasonal rear end kicking.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Huzzah! posted:

New Izakaya "Nobu"
Time for some seasonal Tempura. And a seasonal rear end kicking.

Thank god, it's back, I had given up! TT_TT

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

The person standing beside Arnoux in the flashback is totally Gernot (the tax collector).

Edit: Apparently Volume 5 is already out in English!

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 20, 2019

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

High School University Boys are back with some Izakaya grub. Personally I'm a fan of takowasa even though I have to eat it slowly to handle the wasabi.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:aaa: New chapter of Silver Spoon

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo, it's back?!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Holy poo poo, it's back?!

for only a few more chapters...

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sui's Big Adventure
our best slime goes out about town.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Compendium posted:

for only a few more chapters...

Yeah, just four or five I think? But it had been building towards a conclusion way before going on hiatus.

I'm glad it's getting a proper ending, too often good mangas go on hiatus and then the author drops off the face of the Earth, never to be seen again.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Going to miss Colonel Mustang Hachiken's food-related shenanigans.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Yay, there a new Maiko-san

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Weird to just throw in an AU chapter like that where Suu is not definitely in love with Chiyo

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Three (that's right, THREE!) new chapters of Tea Duchess. It's finally time... time for the tea party!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Maiko-san

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I found out today that Koizumi has been licensed by Dark Horse and out in stores since September, for anyone interested in picking up a copy!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Mermaid Princess's Guilty Meal
The Princess takes on an apprentice.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Its been a while, a new Misoshiru de Kanpai

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Another new Mermaid Princess
The classic tale of the Lobster, Octopus, and Moray.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

That chapter was :perfect:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Huzzah! posted:

Another new Mermaid Princess
The classic tale of the Lobster, Octopus, and Moray.

Why is this ridiculous series so good?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Hey wanna learn about food in a historical context.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Gokushufudo got a live action short for 1.2 million copies sold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktztBx-8onk

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Food manga is so good, why, I don't even like cooking shows

I've long been a fan of Toriko for some dumb reason, I just love it

Recently found and fell in love with Dungeon Meshi, Iron Wok Jan and Food Wars

I look forward to finding more cooking manga, I've been looking at The Way of the House Husband (Gokushufudo I guess) which looks to have a good bit of it!

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Zaphod42 posted:

Food manga is so good, why, I don't even like cooking shows

I've long been a fan of Toriko for some dumb reason, I just love it

Recently found and fell in love with Dungeon Meshi, Iron Wok Jan and Food Wars

I look forward to finding more cooking manga, I've been looking at The Way of the House Husband (Gokushufudo I guess) which looks to have a good bit of it!

You should check out Shinmai Shimai

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

sinky posted:

Oooh, thanks. This looks cute and tasty :3:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

sinky posted:

I'm still bummed that it's a Live Action Adaptation and not an anime that is getting made.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

doomrider7 posted:

I'm still bummed that it's a Live Action Adaptation and not an anime that is getting made.

Speaking of, I just found Nobunaga no Chef from the OP, which seems like my poo poo, but I found that they did a live action adaptation?

Weird, but I guess it makes a sort of sense. Probably a pretty cheap adaptation, and if the focus is food you can just have real food like a cooking show. Still... hah.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Zaphod42 posted:

Speaking of, I just found Nobunaga no Chef from the OP, which seems like my poo poo, but I found that they did a live action adaptation?

Weird, but I guess it makes a sort of sense. Probably a pretty cheap adaptation, and if the focus is food you can just have real food like a cooking show. Still... hah.

Yeah, the disappointing thing is that Ken's actor is not a tall dude, so disappointing smh

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Maiko-san
Kiyo and Suu make Madeleines to send Kenta in addition to the charm.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Since it's been quiet on the food manga front since Mangadex had to go through a few stutters before coming back, I just recently finished watching the Street Food documentaries on Netflix. Highly recommended, each episode isn't too long and it covers a variety of Asian cultures which I found really enlightening and also nostalgic for (Vietnam episode was personally touching for me).

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yeah I enjoyed the focus on the vendors in that.

I've been watching Tokyo Midnight Diner Stories and it's an ideal show before bed, apart from the fact it makes me hungry...

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
One of the final chapters of Silver Spoon got translated: https://mangadex.org/chapter/785249/1

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Their pigs are very fluffy and cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cooking sisters make popcorn and pancakes.

They found a picture of me flipping pancakes.