Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Horse Clocks posted:

In my experience, Lamb does not vizzle well. Amps up the funk factor by 100.

Really? I do lamb ribs in the vide and they come out amazing, almost like the consistency of pulled pork.

Salt, pepper, 2 rosemary sprigs, 2 garlic gloves. 8 hours. Idr, the temp, but it's low. Pretty much just how you would do a steak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Horse Clocks posted:

Got a 2.7kg topside for 4 people tomorrow. regretting not getting a rib roast. Live and learn.

Good luck, hopefully your cut is fresh.

In my experience, Lamb does not vizzle well. Amps up the funk factor by 100.

Wembley (UK) has a load. Never seen them used.

Most people charge at home, it’s nice to charge up on true occasion I’m doing a ton of driving for the day.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Noslo posted:

Whereabouts are y'all seeing these ham legs? I couldn't find one today(VA), and I would have lost my poo poo if it was 50% off like that.

Couple different places, people are reporting where in the Slickdeals thread

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/t/13750052

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Just made a jamón quesadilla. Really good, punched up the church cheese nicely. One thing is you really need to do thing slices. A think slice of jamón is no bueno.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

SirPablo posted:

Just made a jamón quesadilla. Really good, punched up the church cheese nicely. One thing is you really need to do thing slices. A think slice of jamón is no bueno.

Thing slices are the best way to have your jamon.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Our Jamons were not discounted at all, so I'm holding off until the 26th when I'll revisit church for a dog and a soda.

They were also sold out of eggnog and I was sad.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I’m so drunk

Need to renew my Costco membership soon. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Bless you all

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

:cheers:

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Noslo posted:

Really? I do lamb ribs in the vide and they come out amazing, almost like the consistency of pulled pork.

Salt, pepper, 2 rosemary sprigs, 2 garlic gloves. 8 hours. Idr, the temp, but it's low. Pretty much just how you would do a steak.

Admittedly, I’ve only done it with UK supermarket British lamb, which is pretty much garbage tier. But I’ve never had any luck with it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Was I supposed to get my CostCo dividends in the mail? I never got it this season, and they'd be worth a whole ham piece!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Fallom posted:

Was I supposed to get my CostCo dividends in the mail? I never got it this season, and they'd be worth a whole ham piece!

Got mine a few weeks ago in my renewal bill.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The time has come.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

The time has come.

That's more than the jamón!

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Best Christmas gift continues to be a gift card to re-up our membership from my parents. And this year they threw in an extra $100 to boot! That’s a lot of free dogs and sodas. PBUC

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Fallom posted:

Yeah like the other poster said it comes with your renewal notice, which they usually send to you about six weeks before your membership expires. If you have the Citi Visa card through Costco they send you a separate rebate check which always comes with your February statement.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No such thing as too much ham

Goofball
Apr 4, 2019

Chinatown posted:

The time has come.

Did a 9.2lbs one for Christmas eve dinner last night. Took about 5 and a half hours to hit medium rare temps in the middle. Got rave reviews from everyone, will be doing it again next year. :kiss:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:blastu:

:blastu:

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 26, 2019

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Anybody got experience with this Costco liquidation site?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
You'd think I would remember how much it sucks to have 144 bagel bites taking up valuable freezer real estate yet here I am. They aren't even good.

My local church got the frozen ramen finally and it is indeed delicious. Pbuc

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Eat the bagel bites when you're drunk or high, they'll be delicious.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Trip Report: The sous vide lamb leg roast turned out great. However I can't comment on the heaviness of the lamb flavor vs. an oven/grill cooking method as I haven't cooked leg that way before (or ever actually). Kenji's recipe doesn't have much in the way of timing facts but I did the almost 6 pound piece for 5 hours at 134F and when I temped it upon take out but before browning it was 129F, a very nice medium rare.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I went to the ‘stco today since the helpful thread guy posted on December 26 last year that there were Christmas deals on alcohol.

There really weren’t any gift sets out other than the Dragon brandy or whatever so maybe they were already bought out or just didn’t have as many gift sets at this one. Did get some red wine blends that were going away so it ended up fine.

Only a few Ibericos left but no discount to be had!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

So you ate a whole beef loaf by yourself didn't you?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

So you ate a whole beef loaf by yourself didn't you?

My family of 5 was able to eat about half. Swung by for lunch today and made a sandwich with some of the leftovers. Little cheese, dill pickle, and mustard on toasted white bread. :discourse:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Bought a beef tenderloin today for $123 (the smallest Prime one they had). I don’t think I’ve ever bought one before so hopefully I won’t screw it up.

david_a fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 27, 2019

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

david_a posted:

Bought a beef tenderloin today for $123 (the smallest Prime one they had). I don’t think I’ve ever bought one before so hopefully I won’t screw it up.

This is what we had for Christmas dinner and it was excellent and cooked quickly. I even over cooked it a bit (for my liking anyway) and it was still good. I'm very excited for beef tenderloin nachos with the leftovers this weekend!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Been about a month with the bidet (two weeks since swapping out the camode for an elongated) and can report it is indeed life changing. There are times that I don't go #2 but still use it just because I'm not feeling so fresh.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

TraderStav posted:

Been about a month with the bidet (two weeks since swapping out the camode for an elongated) and can report it is indeed life changing. There are times that I don't go #2 but still use it just because I'm not feeling so fresh.

Same here. Best investment of the last decade for me.

You go, hit the button for a full cleaning cycle, staunch the bleeding, and you're done. You leave with confidence of a man who has been properly power-washed.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Please stop eating Chipotle in addition to using the bidet

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

david_a posted:

Use a digital meat thermometer, screwing up and telling everyone that well done is good will be a thing of the past generations.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
someone put their serrano ham up on the free section of craigslist, how do i flag it to let them know how foolish they are being?!

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

FogHelmut posted:

Use a digital meat thermometer, screwing up and telling everyone that well done is good will be a thing of the past generations.

Suis Vide is also an excellent way to prepare tenderloin. Especially if you end up with different sizes of steaks.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Clavavisage posted:

someone put their serrano ham up on the free section of craigslist, how do i flag it to let them know how foolish they are being?!

The correct action is to claim your free ham from them.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Don't look a gift ham in the mouth

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

FogHelmut posted:

Oh we will, I got my mom a Thermapen for Christmas. It doesn’t seem terribly hard to bake it.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
The Costco I went to yesterday had straight up whole jamón iberico (not serrano) legs for $550. That poo poo is at least like 80 dollars a pound anywhere else

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
I wonder if a cop would choke hold you to death for selling trunk ham slices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
The building next to my Costco exploded. Thankfully only a few injuries but I hope my Costco is okay too :ohdear: