Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If some dev wasted a notable chunk of their lives actually making a Zybourne Clock game for 5 hours of irionic internet lols before it was forgotten, it would be more even more pathetic than the non game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I would much rather live in the world where Zybourne Clock was real and Video Game High School never made it past a few pitches and pieces of concept art.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

devolver digital is the adult swim of game devs

they live for poo poo like this

Adult Swim also produce video games, just take it to them.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Over a million dollars spent on such nothingburger characters as Brian "Loves Dyin'" D, Games Dean, The Law, and Freddie Wong only to have them vanish from people's minds the moment the Kickstarter ended while even the lowest Zybourne Clock character maintains more clout in 2019.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The concept art masterpiece cost half the the price of a Doobie Doghouse vent hood.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Play as Johnny Fiveaces in a 3D steampunk open world in the same vein as red dead redemption / fallout / gta.

Rewrite everything but stay true to the original vision.

Cyberpunk just came out so it's the right time for steampunk done right!

Let's make this happen!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inzombiac posted:

Did it turn out that Hell Bastard was some flavor of creep or did he stop posting just because?

I miss his CYOA threads.

He loving sucked and was rightly driven off the forums.

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Ok I found my archive.

I present The Zybourne Clock Collection, 234 images I saved around 2008-2010 that are original concept work, fanart, and parodies. Some might have been posted here already but I'm sure there's lots more!
https://imgur.com/a/HPPZbDN

Thank you.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Telebite posted:

Play as Johnny Fiveaces in a 3D steampunk open world in the same vein as red dead redemption / fallout / gta.

Rewrite everything but stay true to the original vision.

Cyberpunk just came out so it's the right time for steampunk done right!

Let's make this happen!

“We focus tested Zybourne Clock and have decided to change it to Johnny Six Shooters. He carries a gun now”

MrSpiffy
Aug 13, 2000

:woop::siren::siren::siren::woop:
FREDDIE WONG POSTING HERE
:woop::siren::siren::siren::woop:

Sleeveless posted:

Over a million dollars spent on such nothingburger characters as Brian "Loves Dyin'" D, Games Dean, The Law, and Freddie Wong only to have them vanish from people's minds the moment the Kickstarter ended while even the lowest Zybourne Clock character maintains more clout in 2019.

Haha yeah I remember goons absolutely hated VGHS and all the comments were like "Games Dean is such an obnoxious gamer stereotype ugh" and nobody realized it's just a dumb pun on "James Dean" and they were self-projecting themselves onto the guy wearing a fedora, truly wonderful times.

The drawing arrived but I'm not in town, so we won't see it framed yet until the new year.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tell me where you get it framed

cnut
May 3, 2016

I want a Johnny Fiveaces beer stein!!!!!!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Can't wait for the Crimson Haze and Demon Rush auctions!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Drink my dong slobber!

This EULA compels you to never commit any crimes again, ever

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Songbearer posted:

Drink my dong slobber!

Fingat auction

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Alan Smithee posted:

Fingat auction

Put that thing in a monstrance at once!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Inzombiac posted:

Neil Ciceriga (sp?) went by Trapezoid but left after his sister Emily joined and goons got super creepy about it.

He had a kinda sorta meltdown but from what I can remember, it was totally justified.

lol he himself was a creepy weirdo and it's good he's gone

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Alan Smithee posted:

Fingat auction

I thought that ended up being a hoax?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Nah, he owns.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is he? Did he creep on people or what?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

A playable Cybourne Clocks would even more underwhelming than Duke Nukem Foreverial.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

MrSpiffy posted:

Haha yeah I remember goons absolutely hated VGHS and all the comments were like "Games Dean is such an obnoxious gamer stereotype ugh" and nobody realized it's just a dumb pun on "James Dean" and they were self-projecting themselves onto the guy wearing a fedora, truly wonderful times.

The drawing arrived but I'm not in town, so we won't see it framed yet until the new year.

Keep it classy, don’t get some goofy frame. I’m not sure if it’s a good idea long term to have it pressed against glass but you mentioned a floating frame and a nice simple one could look good

But I’d go with a standard gallery style plain black frame with white mat

the more important the art, the bigger the mat size

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Songbearer posted:

Drink my dong slobber!

Everyone is a programmer!

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Snowy posted:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This guy gets it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

an entire hosue of jfa telescreen walls

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Snowy posted:

Keep it classy, don’t get some goofy frame. I’m not sure if it’s a good idea long term to have it pressed against glass but you mentioned a floating frame and a nice simple one could look good

But I’d go with a standard gallery style plain black frame with white mat

I wouldn't do float frame with the graphite.

Get it matted properly with acid-free glue and archival glass. Should only run you like $250ish with a drawing that size.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

13Pandora13 posted:

I wouldn't do float frame with the graphite.

Get it matted properly with acid-free glue and archival glass. Should only run you like $250ish with a drawing that size.

Graphite on printer paper. Just out of curiosity is there any way to neutralize the not-acid-free paper so it doesn't turn yellow and disintegrate and 30 years? I remember reading years ago that books that were over a hundred years old were often in better shape than books just 30 or 40 years old, because modern paper is garbage.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Alan Smithee posted:

an entire hosue of jfa telescreen walls

Store the original art in a hermetically sealed room with one camera pointed at it, broadcasting the image to all the touchscreens. Saves the artwork from deteriorating & you get to still look at it.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Store the original art in a hermetically sealed room with one camera pointed at it, broadcasting the image to all the touchscreens. Saves the artwork from deteriorating & you get to still look at it.

Do you want SCPs? This is how you get SCPs!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tunicate posted:

average game on steam makes $16k, so zybourne is getting there
That's the mean game, but Georg Stardew, which has made millions and also is installed on Teslas for some loving reason is an outlier and should not be counted

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

tell the story or piss off

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Neil Cicierega makes cool music. Most musicians are creeps. Quelle surprise!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Pvt.Scott posted:

Neil Cicierega makes cool music. Most musicians are creeps. Quelle surprise!

You're a gullible idiot, and when people point out that the accusations of him being a creep were completely made up by KiwiFarms you're going to argue that the fact that you believed it could be true means that it may as well have been because, again, you are a gullible idiot.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

You're a gullible idiot, and when people point out that the accusations of him being a creep were completely made up by KiwiFarms you're going to argue that the fact that you believed it could be true means that it may as well have been because, again, you are a gullible idiot.

I actually know nothing about the man beyond his remixes and some of his early stuff on Newgrounds back in the day. I don’t even know what accusations are being talked about. I’m just an rear end in a top hat being an rear end in a top hat. Most musicians I’ve known were not, in fact, creeps. I wasn’t even aware before this thread that he apparently was a goon at some point.

I made a bad post, followed by this, a worse one.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Take it to the Sagas thread or w/e

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Pvt.Scott posted:

I actually know nothing about the man beyond his remixes and some of his early stuff on Newgrounds back in the day. I don’t even know what accusations are being talked about. I’m just an rear end in a top hat being an rear end in a top hat. Most musicians I’ve known were not, in fact, creeps. I wasn’t even aware before this thread that he apparently was a goon at some point.

I made a bad post, followed by this, a worse one.

Best to not respond to Sleeveless IMHO. Best way to flush him from a thread.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Freddy was calling his internet friends and warning them not to bid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDu7IPyTUj0&t=2207s

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Why hasn't this thread been goldmined yet.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Why hasn't this thread been goldmined yet.

Because MrSpiffy hasn't posted a pic of his acquisition framed & mounted on a wall yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
so where the gently caress is the photo evidence?