Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Neither did her singing career

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Wow, do not piss off Norwegian royalty.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Just wanna point out that Princess Martha Louise (who this guy was married to) is a grade A nutjob who believes in and teaches a real school about actual, literal angels with wings literally and actually walking among us and there's probably unchecked mental illness all around. I don't wish to speak ill of the dead but Ari was a known attention whore who would get his book review scores tattooed on his arm, and I highly doubt Spacey had the dude assassinated or even remembers meeting him (although I don't think anything would surprise me at this point). The royal family are mostly tabloid goblins these days.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

That's the most readable forum on the internet

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
sure have been a lot of pedophile accusers suiciding lately but I'm sure that two things are not connected in any way

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Samuringa posted:

sure have been a lot of pedophile accusers suiciding lately but I'm sure that two things are not connected in any way

He wasn't a pedophile accuser, the accusation in question was that Spacey tried to grope his adult balls.

https://www.newsweek.com/who-ari-behn-kevin-spacey-accused-groping-norwegian-king-son-742738

Not a hill worth dying on though, so believe what you will. I'm not in this to defend anyone, just to say that you shouldn't take our royals too seriously. Nobody here thinks Spacey killed him.

Nastyman has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Dec 26, 2019

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Parrotine posted:

She rules though?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cucked, lol.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Which one of you did this?

"Death

Ari Behn died by being suicided by Kevin Spacey for accusing him of goping him when he was a child. Hw was found in Lommedalen on 25 December 2019.[23][24][1][25] "

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

dialhforhero posted:

I thought Deadpool was one of these examples c/d?

Confirmed. Out of all the films in the X-Men franchise it was the only one to get dumped into cinemas in the Jan/Feb dead zone and it also had the lowest production budget out of all of them (they had to keep rewriting the script and dropping scenes and characters because Fox kept slashing the budget) and it not only went on to make more money than any other X-Men film (as did Deadpool 2) but it also set new records for largest ever February opening and highest-grossing R-rated film of all time.

For comparison, the most recent X-Men team film Dark Phoenix had a production budget that was nearly four times bigger than Deadpool and its domestic box office was less than 1/5 of Deadpool's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_(film_series)#Box_office_performance

It also took well over a decade for Ryan Reynolds to convince the studio to let him make the film, at one point even James Cameron was badgering them to greenlight the film and they kept going "Nah"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadpool_(film)#Production

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Lodin posted:

Cucked, lol.

Buying into a lovely right wing meme, lol.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hihohe posted:

Woman and fat. The perfect storm for weird nerds on the internet.

Yup

e: also nerds off the internet.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/AQ8VSwa.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

For comparison, the most recent X-Men team film Dark Phoenix had a production budget that was nearly four times bigger than Deadpool and its domestic box office was less than 1/5 of Deadpool's.

Sure, it had four times the budget, but it was money well spent

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

jojoinnit posted:

I can't judge since I have basically no ear for singing but since she came up in the Pitch Perfect series, I assume she can actually sing at a fairly good level?

She’s better than a non-singing actress, but in Cats she’s up against a bunch of professional singers like Jason Derulo, Taylor Swift, and Jennifer Hudson and theatre actors like Francesca Hayward, Robbie Fairchild, James Corden, and Naomih Morgan who are a better fit for the show in a general sense. Her scenes stand out as some of the least Cats-like and her performance as the least watchable. Corden was criticized for a few moments where he broke song for gags but he actually delivered some of the few genuine laughs of the movie (the rest are laughs of disbelief and shock) and has a musical theatre background so he knows how to carry the role and tune without a beautiful singing voice. Wilson seemed like “Rebel Wilson playing her usual character as a cat.”

The more I think about Cats, the more I like it than Rise of Skywalker.

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 03:10 on Dec 26, 2019

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

the last few x men movies look like tax dodge schemes

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AlmightyBob posted:

Corridor Digital pointed out in a video where in Apocalypse there’s one frame where every single CG piece of debris just disappears (3:09)

https://youtu.be/pTl42COCNaM

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

AlmightyBob posted:

taX-Dodgers

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lobok posted:

taX-Dodgers

more than meets the eye

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

AlmightyBob posted:

You almost have to feel bad for all the kids who got their wagons hitched to that ride

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Sure, it had four times the budget, but it was money well spent

Is that from Star Trek or Stargåte?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

AlmightyBob posted:

Fox had to put out an X-men movie every certain number of years or the rights would revert to Marvel/Disney. Same with the Fantastic Four movies, but I think they finally just gave up on those and decided to let them revert because no one likes the Fantastic Four.

And of course none of it matters now since Disney owns all the involved parties.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Plus their big gimmick of bring back the--ahem--"auteur" Bryan Singer who directed the first two movies didn't really pan out, both because more attention was being paid to the fact that he's very probably a sex criminal responsible for serious poo poo and his approach of being "too cool" for all the flashy nonsense that makes the X-Men cool was backfiring spectacularly when Disney/Marvel were showing how much more consistently profitable embracing the weird/stupid parts of superheroes was.

And then Deadpool happened.

Now Disney was circling the boat, everyone involved said "gently caress it" and put in the bare minimum to satisfy contracts until their obligations ran out, and we ended up with nearly 20 years of wasting a license that--in the right hands--will do nothing but print money until the heat death of the universe.

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 03:43 on Dec 26, 2019

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mind the walrus posted:

You almost have to feel bad for all the kids who got their wagons hitched to that ride

Jennifer Lawrence famously signed a multi-picture contract to play the shapechanging mutant Mystique (which at the time required 8 hours in the makeup chair to get her into the full body skintight costume every day) for a lovely low amount of money the year before she starred in The Hunger Games and shot to super stardom and in the later films it's super obvious that she really really didn't want to be there.

Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen sure did well out of that franchise, though.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

i’ve never identified with the subject of one of these videos more

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

AlmightyBob posted:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jerry Cotton posted:

Animorphs

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's what a $200million budget gets you.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

chitoryu12 posted:

Corridor Digital pointed out in a video where in Apocalypse there’s one frame where every single CG piece of debris just disappears (3:09)

https://youtu.be/pTl42COCNaM

I love hearing about CG fuckups like this. They Corridor guys also pointed out the same thing in the original Jurassic Park, where the velociraptor that the T-Rex is chomping on disappears for a single frame.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I'm sure they tried their best.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I love hearing about CG fuckups like this. They Corridor guys also pointed out the same thing in the original Jurassic Park, where the velociraptor that the T-Rex is chomping on disappears for a single frame.

Does that happen on the last frame of the cut like the X-Men one? I’d consider those bad flash frames that the editor should’ve caught, or the online editor since they’re the ones who usually deal with swapping out temp shots for final cg shots.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ruddiger posted:

Does that happen on the last frame of the cut like the X-Men one? I’d consider those bad flash frames that the editor should’ve caught, or the online editor since they’re the ones who usually deal with swapping out temp shots for final cg shots.

Nope, the raptor disappearing is mid-scene. It's virtually impossible to see at full speed unless you know to look for it, but it's crazy it still got in the final cut.

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

Parrotine posted:

She's still making a poo poo ton of money off her music career so being a bottom worked for her

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Volcott posted:

I'm sure they tried their best.

Spared no expense

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Kyron posted:

She's still making a poo poo ton of money off her music career so being a bottom worked for her

It's a good song, still very catchy. Honestly, most of my songs don't do as well as that one.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

GIS isn't helping. Who is this? Is this a quote?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The girl is Carly Rae Jepsen, best known for the song "Call Me Maybe" although she's had steady work since then her most famous stage persona is that of a "basic, good girl."

The quote is a mutation of "Well-Behaved Women rarely make history" which lots of women find empowering, only replace "women" with "bottom" because "haha it's sexual now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Sure, but ill-behaved bottoms become Elagabalus