Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

JordanKai posted:

Baltimore omnibus vol.1

I'm sorry that's just my heavy breathing, everyone continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
There's a placeholder for a new printing of Absolute Dark Knight on Amazon.ca (release date: 2080), but I can't find any evidence that it's coming anywhere else. Anyone heard anything? I foolishly didn't pick it up a few years ago. (although man, I wish they didn't include Strikes Again...)

edit: upon further digging, apparently there was a HC edition published under the DC Modern Classics banner which was supposed to come out last summer, but I can't find any evidence that it actually was released?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/04/dc-comics-publish-dark-knight-returns-in-three-different-ways-in-2019/

Hatter106 fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 3, 2019

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Annihilation Omnibus!!!!! Sucks for those re-sellers :smug:

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone here pick up the Lucifer omnibus? I just got mine and while i like it the binding is tight, almost glued to the spine (example here at 4:13 https://youtu.be/qSDefa0ZYt4).

On the other hand, some peoples copies have binding akin to a marvel omnibus where theres a nice big eye and the book lays flat. Example here at 8:26: https://youtu.be/Jx4b6otX3GA

Just curious what other peoples experience has been with this one.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
How is the binding on larger IDW hardcovers? I have a few of their TPBs that seem fine, but I just treated myself to a big hardcover, and I'm almost afraid to open the shrinkwrap, because I'm going to be really disappointed if it's fragile.

But I really wanted the book, I got a decent deal, and a TPB version doesn't even come out until August 2020, even though this hardcover has been out for a few years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Which book, how big?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Which book, how big?

It's Cobra: The Last Laugh (the best drat G.I. Joe fiction I've ever read, and surprisingly NOT written by Larry Hama).

The book is 11" by 7" and 352 pages, an inch taller and much thicker and heavier than standard TPBs. And never mind, it didn't come shrinkwrapped, so that's not an issue.

I'm a horrible person. I ordered it as part of a Christmas present for my lifelong best friend, but decided I wanted to keep that poo poo, so I ordered something else for him instead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So, same as the Marvel OSHC format?

If so, I own about 20 of their books in that size and the binding has held up just fine for me.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

So, same as the Marvel OSHC format?

If so, I own about 20 of their books in that size and the binding has held up just fine for me.

Thanks! Maybe I'll save it for his birthday in August and buy myself the TPB, which should be out around that time. :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I should also say that I have read those books 3-4 times each and only one has any real visible wear. IDW took a great size format and perfected it by ditching the dust jackets.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I loving hate dust jackets! So easy to mess them up, despite treating books with the utmost care.

I just got the Heroes in Crisis hardcover from the public library, and underneath the dust jacket, on the actual front and back cover of the book, is Clay Mann's two-page spread of Beetle and Booster chilling at the apartment!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/hellomuller/status/1205200350535401472?s=19

Thread

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
After striking out a dozen times, i finally scored a copy of this rare as poo poo book

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Congrats! Nothing like tracking down those elusive grails.

Shadowman looks much less dorky than he did in the '90s.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Rhyno posted:

After striking out a dozen times, i finally scored a copy of this rare as poo poo book

:eyepop: I'm super jealous!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The only bummer is it took a knock in shipping and the upper corner has a lil dent. But for the $30 I paid I can live with it. I now own every Valiant HC to date.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

It's Cobra: The Last Laugh (the best drat G.I. Joe fiction I've ever read, and surprisingly NOT written by Larry Hama).

The book is 11" by 7" and 352 pages, an inch taller and much thicker and heavier than standard TPBs. And never mind, it didn't come shrinkwrapped, so that's not an issue.

I'm a horrible person. I ordered it as part of a Christmas present for my lifelong best friend, but decided I wanted to keep that poo poo, so I ordered something else for him instead.

Well, I felt like a heel, treating myself during the holidays, so I wrapped this book and packed it up to mail to my friend after all. Maybe I'll spring for the TPB when it comes out in August.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey dudes, is the HoX/PoX hardcover in the oversized format?

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

Rhyno posted:

Hey dudes, is the HoX/PoX hardcover in the oversized format?

Yep! Read it in an afternoon and it's gorgeous.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Faustoan Bargain posted:

Yep! Read it in an afternoon and it's gorgeous.

gently caress yeah! Thanks dude. Gonna add it to my January pickup.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Tom Scioli's Fantastic Four: Grand Design miniseries is getting released in an oversized "Treasury Edition" later in January, to match Ed Piskor's X-Men: Grand Design volumes. I was hoping they would do this, but I hadn't seen anything about it until this morning.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1302917692/?coliid=ITGVQNN8XQSMZ&colid=9E8E46KES8RC&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Tom Scioli's Fantastic Four: Grand Design miniseries is getting released in an oversized "Treasury Edition" later in January, to match Ed Piskor's X-Men: Grand Design volumes. I was hoping they would do this, but I hadn't seen anything about it until this morning.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1302917692/?coliid=ITGVQNN8XQSMZ&colid=9E8E46KES8RC&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Never head of these type of books. It looks like a cliff notes version of the entire X-Men series. I’m digging the art so I’m gonna pick up those three books.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

obi_ant posted:

Never head of these type of books. It looks like a cliff notes version of the entire X-Men series. I’m digging the art so I’m gonna pick up those three books.

I haven't read the whole saga yet, but I own all three volumes, and they are wonderful. They cover Uncanny X-Men #1-280, right before the split into the Blue and Gold teams with X-Men #1 from 1991.

I met Ed Piskor at HeroesCon this summer and got him to sign the first two, along with all four volumes (in matching oversized format) of his Hip Hop Family Tree series from Fantagraphics, covering the history of hip hop from the '70s to 1985.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 25, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When the hell is the Mage the Hero Denied HC going to come out?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Silver Surfer Black is in treasury edition as well.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Apparently this was announced a month ago, but I didn't read about it until today: Marvel is releasing an omnibus of Dan Slott's She-Hulk run next year. That's one of my favourite Marvel series of all time, so I'm really looking forward to it!

:stoked:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

JordanKai posted:

Apparently this was announced a month ago, but I didn't read about it until today: Marvel is releasing an omnibus of Dan Slott's She-Hulk run next year. That's one of my favourite Marvel series of all time, so I'm really looking forward to it!

:stoked:

Nice! I just own the first two TPBs that reprint #1-6 and #7-12 of the first series. I love those, and even though I've read the rest of Slott's run, I don't think the rest of the material ever measured up to those first twelve issues. I wonder how the She-Hulk show is coming along, for Marvel to be coming out with an Omnibus... unless it's just because Slott went on to become a huge writer afterwards.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Picked up the newer Valiant HCs I missed, HoxPox and some garbage.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Oooh, curious how Britannia reads as one big book. I still need to read the third arc.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
got a copy of the watchmen companion, making me part of the problem again..but having the rpg modules and all the stuff around that time before moore washed his hands of it in one place was too tempting

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Ordered my X-Men box set and Uncanny X-Force omni from instocktrades and they sold out of both within like 2 hours or so

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
There was supposed to be a Starman omnibus coming out next month, "Starman: The Cosmic Omnibus Vol. 1" https://www.amazon.com/Starman-Cosmic-Omnibus-Vol-1/dp/140129975X

I asked my local comic shop if they were going to get it and they said it had been cancelled, do any of you smart comic book people know more?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd heard it was canceled. Didn't make the order threshold.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
That sucks. I'd really like to read that run but the old omnibus releases from like 10 years ago are hard to find and expensive. At least here in Europe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrBling posted:

That sucks. I'd really like to read that run but the old omnibus releases from like 10 years ago are hard to find and expensive. At least here in Europe.

At least one volume was printed on unobtanium.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Volume 3 was the hard to get one for some reason, I'm pretty sure. I managed to snag a copy for retail price by driving to a store an hour away.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I just got my Uncanny X-Force omni (haven't read it yet, but I've been looking forward to it for literal years) and my X-Men Children of the Atom box set in and god bless the baby angel in charge of days like today

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I'm interested in collecting X-Men in hardcovers, oversized hardcovers preferred, and was looking around at what's been collected in omnibuses so far to map out a game plan. The first six omnis (The X-Men volumes 1 and 2, Uncanny X-Men volumes 1-4) cover issues 1-193 but then there's a gap between Uncanny X-Men vol 4 and the Mutant Massacre omnibus where we're missing issues 194-209. Does anyone know if those are collected in an omnibus or an OSHC? tia

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I really hope that IST just releases all the books that have been backlogged by Diamond in the next month or so. I exclusively buy from them (cheaper pricing, good packaging, good customer service and long history with them) and there are a lot of books that I've missed... I don't even care if I had to but 15 books at the same time. I just won't pay the premium that Amazon is asking for, along with the lovely shipping. Why couldn't they just have some sort of pre-order thing like CGN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Diamond isn't getting any product to distribute.