Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The Shame Boy posted:

So in that cutscene where Fragile tells the story of her saving the town. What exactly was stopping her saying "gently caress you" to Higgs, taking the bomb and then Jumping to the lake and dropping it in there? Other than the fact that it wouldn't be a dramatic choice she had to make when she can literally teleport probably faster than Higgs guys can shoot and kill her? Unless Higgs himself would have possible done somthing to stop her but that was not mentioned either by design or because Kojima didn't think of it :v:

Can't teleport with cargo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Dlowmx posted:

Hi, should I buy this game or RE2 Remake.

I'm one of the few who actually hate the remake so I'd say this every time.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
She explicitly says in that cutscene that she couldnt jump with the bomb, she could only either run with it, or jump away and save herself at the expense of blowing up the town

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Still getting through this game slowly. I tend to turn to it when I need to relax, as weird as that seems - the BT stuff used to bother me but I finally remembered to carry a gun and blood bag around so now it seems kind of trivial. I'm at chapter 5 after going to Mountain Knot and meeting Mama's twin. I decided to cross the mountain instead of going back around. I found two shelters but one of them was shut and the other didn't have a terminal (the spiritualist). I also tried riding a carrier for the first time going down the mountain, I didn't realise you could press square to scoot along, thinking that it only worked on downward slopes. That trip was incredibly fast.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

TheMostFrench posted:

Still getting through this game slowly. I tend to turn to it when I need to relax, as weird as that seems - the BT stuff used to bother me but I finally remembered to carry a gun and blood bag around so now it seems kind of trivial. I'm at chapter 5 after going to Mountain Knot and meeting Mama's twin. I decided to cross the mountain instead of going back around. I found two shelters but one of them was shut and the other didn't have a terminal (the spiritualist). I also tried riding a carrier for the first time going down the mountain, I didn't realise you could press square to scoot along, thinking that it only worked on downward slopes. That trip was incredibly fast.

Cool Porters

Dlowmx
Feb 5, 2007
Eh
Playing now 👍🏼

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
I wonder how many times Kojima has watched Blade 2?

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

RatHat posted:

I thought his voice sounded familiar, the Timefall farms npc is Adam Jensen.

EDIT: Oh my god the delivery bots are adorable. I wish you could actually see them delivering in the world like friendly porters.

I think they’re the only hologram that makes B.B. laugh.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Some motherfucker's always trying to reverse trike uphill

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I can't get the fourth star in Mountain knot city. What is it I need to do?

Also, I'm in chapter 15. Does anything happen when you wait until the chapter event takes place?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I feel bad for anyone who doesn’t already have a zipline network set up for crossing the mountains when you have to (chapter 5 spoilers)bring Mama up there. Ziplines are so broken. They should probably have a build cost like bridges and safe houses.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Best part of preemptively making a robust zipline network is hearing "this is going to be one of your hardest runs" from Die-Hardman multiple times and being done in moments

Necrothatcher posted:

Can't teleport with cargo.
She teleports with cargo in the epilogue anyway by "picturing it as equipment" which felt like it was meant to be part of her character development but was more of a classic case of writing yourself into a corner and undermined the whole nuke scene IMO

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Ruffian Price posted:

Best part of preemptively making a robust zipline network is hearing "this is going to be one of your hardest runs" from Die-Hardman multiple times and being done in moments

She teleports with cargo in the epilogue anyway by "picturing it as equipment" which felt like it was meant to be part of her character development but was more of a classic case of writing yourself into a corner and undermined the whole nuke scene IMO

I think it's easier to picture that as equipment than strapping a nuke to yourself

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I built my first zip line in chapter 10. I thought building most of the pic stuff cost metal:(

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Keep on keeping on

night slime
May 14, 2014

UltraRed posted:

I built my first zip line in chapter 10. I thought building most of the pic stuff cost metal:(

Me too. I also got confused by the prompt to charge that bike that was right outside some facility and never understood what they were talking about cause they explicitly mentioned you couldn´t put structures near porter places. Game´s not that great at communicating stuff that ends up pretty simple.

Anyone figure out what those high-density material gifts are good for? I assume they make stuff like ziplines more resistant to timefall. They also say only certain facilities can deal with the high-density materials like the resins but I never had any problem recycling them anywhere, maybe they mean the custom safehouses?

Also I found a new private room scene I hadn seen before: go run around shoeless for a while and then look at his feet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

night slime posted:

Anyone figure out what those high-density material gifts are good for? I assume they make stuff like ziplines more resistant to timefall. They also say only certain facilities can deal with the high-density materials like the resins but I never had any problem recycling them anywhere, maybe they mean the custom safehouses?

As far as I can tell they’re just lighter for easier transport.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
So if I want the trophy for doing the legendary deliveries, do I have to do those on hard, or is normal ok?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

So if I want the trophy for doing the legendary deliveries, do I have to do those on hard, or is normal ok?

Those have to be done on Hard so that you qualify for the Legend of Legends rating

It also requires 20 of those things in each category of job (speed, quantity, etc) so you'll definitely want to peek at a guide

You can also swap difficulty up or down between deliveries if you like

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 27, 2019

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Snackmar posted:

Those have to be done on Hard so that you qualify for the Legend of Legends rating

It also requires 20 of those things in each category of job (speed, quantity, etc) so you'll definitely want to peek at a guide

You can also swap difficulty up or down between deliveries if you like

Ok thanks

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
Bought the game for $35 at Best Buy.

Do I need PS+ to make the online stuff work?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

minya posted:

Bought the game for $35 at Best Buy.

Do I need PS+ to make the online stuff work?

No.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride

Unexpected. That’s pretty great. Looking forward to diving into this tomorrow

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
This game owns so hard.

I'm in a WW1 battle and I'm running around with blue glowing future poo poo, a giant cube of junk on my back, a baby in a jar, a baseball hat, and sunglasses. This is while I sip my MONSTER ENERGY DRINK and pop bugs in my mouth. If the ghosts are extra scary, I'll fling some poop water at them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Try sneaking up on one of the skeleton dudes with your strand out!

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

skooma512 posted:

This game owns so hard.
I can't remember the last time I could play a game without downloading a 15GB+ patch first. Slapped it in yesterday, and oh hey barely 1GB to download, and I'm betting I could play without the game running like shite minus the patch too.

Just another reason the always-online or release-unplayable-poo poo-then-patch models suck so drat bad.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

as far as im aware all the patches have done is add a bigger UI option (that is hidden away in options available only in the title screen and in the really unintuitive option menu of LANGUAGES) and to put christmas hats on people

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
“Allowing disassembly of vehicles by holding start” is another one and a major QoL when some asshat’s parked on the road

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

^^^No poo poo? I didn't catch that.

rabidsquid posted:

as far as im aware all the patches have done is add a bigger UI option (that is hidden away in options available only in the title screen and in the really unintuitive option menu of LANGUAGES) and to put christmas hats on people

See-through cargo so you can see the odradek was the other big one.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
One of the patches made a certain extremely large PCC customization hologram much much more well-optimized. My server is full of people who love to spam that big bastard everywhere and before one of the earlier patches it caused huge hitches whenever it loaded in. You could tell it was specifically that thing causing the hitching too because you can see it loading in because it's five stories tall

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

madeintaipei posted:

^^^No poo poo? I didn't catch that.

See-through cargo so you can see the odradek was the other big one.

It's telling when I was in the middle of gameplay before and after the patch, and before I was seriously considering bringing grenades to blow the fuckers off the road so that "driving them off" didn't bind them to me and despawn other vehicles I drove

Also re: cargo, a Fun Thing to note is if you hold triangle while not near anything you'll instantly drop all your cargo on the ground, and holding down triangle near cargo will speed-pick it up without you needing to tap it, the combination of which is convenient when you can find or throw down an umbrella to temporarily shelter your cargo while you go hunting for mules/BTs and don't feel like having your ladders melting off your back

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

“Allowing disassembly of vehicles by holding start” is another one and a major QoL when some asshat’s parked on the road

It was worse than that, there were some shelters that could be completely blocked off with vehicles if you didn’t have any explosives.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Finally got around to finish this. Ending confused me which owns.

Dlowmx posted:

Hi, should I buy this game or RE2 Remake.
I think RE2 Remake is probably the tighter experience overall, but Death Stranding is also a fairly unique game in its own right that's hard to really compare to much else out there. The intetions behind it and RE2 Remake are just wildly different.

I'd honesty say get both. I think they're both worth your time and money.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you can finish all of re2 remake in under ten hours and i guess if you spoiled yourself and prep for speed runs ahead of time substantially less. you could knock it out and get into death stranding

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

As much as I enjoyed this game though, I have to say I find it a little troubling politically. ENDING SPOILERS: Like this is all a giant anti-abortion statement, isn't it? Like it seems hard to read the ending scene with Sam and Lou at the incinerator in any other way, where Sam saves her from getting incinerated/terminated. Hell the entire idea of the BB's kind of feels like that.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 28, 2019

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Assuming you aren't joking remember that Lou and all BBs are already aborted fetuses, birthed early due to being non-viable for various reasons but not terminated (I think they said Lou is 28 weeks?).

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Dec 28, 2019

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Admittedly I had forgotten that detail you mentioned, which does complicate things.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I can definitely picture the game being maybe pro-living but not pro-life by the abortion-debate definition. Save what can be saved, let go of what cannot be saved. When most people think abortion they think of terminating the fetus but that's not specifically what abortion is, it's aborting the gestation process. Deadman mentions that Lou is still growing like a normal child would even though he (or she) is outside the womb.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Dec 28, 2019

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
My friend said to me "You're the first I've seen who doesn't shake the pod like crazy when BB cries"

Also apparently many of the streamers just fall off the ledge in the first 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Gotta give the people what they want