Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

gey muckle mowser posted:

btw I just watched Tammy and the T-Rex, and man it's such a fuckin' bonkers movie. God bless Vinegar Syndrome for restoring and releasing it.

It's not really a movie, it's a virus I'm infecting people's minds with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
But only ironically

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

As a person who had never seen the movie before the new release, and only bought it because of this thread, I will say there is nothing ironic about my appreciation of it after having seen it. It's a legit good, funny movie that knows exactly what it is. The scene where they go to get his body and find he's a maggot covered rotten corpse is one of the funniest loving things I've ever seen in any movie, and I completely lost my poo poo at the reveal.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

IUG posted:

You should sign up for the Disney Movie Rewards. It's free, and if you give them these codes, it gets you like 100-200 points (I think). After a few thousand, you can get a free movie sent to you (and some extra points more, free shipping even). I had one snowy day where I went through my Marvel/Pixar stuff (Star Wars would work too), and got enough codes for 60 bucks worth of merchandise.

Hey, I'm like the only person who keeps on top of this. And infuriatingly, this isn't the case anymore. They switched branding to "Disney Movie Insiders", and they reduced the rewards to pretty much giftcards, printable stuff, "charity donations", and D23 premium memberships. No movies (not even Disney+). Their social media guys have stated that movies may return as a reward, but y'know, they didn't exactly promise. And it sucks, cause just before they suddenly switched, the were bringing in uhd discs as rewards.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

As a person who had never seen the movie before the new release, and only bought it because of this thread, I will say there is nothing ironic about my appreciation of it after having seen it. It's a legit good, funny movie that knows exactly what it is. The scene where they go to get his body and find he's a maggot covered rotten corpse is one of the funniest loving things I've ever seen in any movie, and I completely lost my poo poo at the reveal.

It was a joke. Someone earlier suggested we only wanted a bluray of Tammy and the TRex because irony

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Hey, I'm like the only person who keeps on top of this. And infuriatingly, this isn't the case anymore. They switched branding to "Disney Movie Insiders", and they reduced the rewards to pretty much giftcards, printable stuff, "charity donations", and D23 premium memberships. No movies (not even Disney+). Their social media guys have stated that movies may return as a reward, but y'know, they didn't exactly promise. And it sucks, cause just before they suddenly switched, the were bringing in uhd discs as rewards.

Ah boo. I haven't redeemed a movie in a while, so I didn't see the change.

Wow, the new site sucks. I can't figure out where to login or how to find my point total. I fear I'm going to have to download a lovely app in order to use it.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Sucks to hear about the rewards program. I like giving codes away, so I think I’ll keep doing that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

wuggles posted:

Also I'm going to keep hanging out here because I buy 4Ks and blu-rays and people make fun of me for it :smith:

:sever:

Also welcome to the club, he sure to pick up your copy of Tammy and the T-Rex

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

wuggles posted:

Also I'm going to keep hanging out here because I buy 4Ks and blu-rays and people make fun of me for it :smith:

Until they find out they have to pay for multiple streaming services just to watch a portion of the movies they want to watch and the studios take away their digital downloads because people keep ceding control and access to them. :unsmith:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

It was a joke. Someone earlier suggested we only wanted a bluray of Tammy and the TRex because irony

YES WHO WAS THAT POSTER?

It wasn't just that I kept saying it and would have never dreamed the blu-ray would exist much less the R-rated version previously only seen on a dubbed German VHS but I kept saying I was going to boycott Vinegar Syndrome specifically until they put Tammy and the T-Rex on blu-ray. I do genuinely like the movie though.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Tammy and the T-Rex is exactly the sort of film my cousins and I would have made if we had access to a robot dino for two weeks. While it's not a cinematic masterpiece, I can't help but appreciate how everyone goes all in on their performances, especially Denise Richards. She's so drat likable.

It's like a Herschell Gordon Lewis film with the heart of an early Ed Wood.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Egbert Souse posted:

Tammy and the T-Rex is exactly the sort of film my cousins and I would have made if we had access to a robot dino for two weeks.
It's a lot of really stupid jokes that I'd write into a script and then immediately erase for being too loving stupid. I mean this as a compliment. It's an entire movie that's just the hammer joke from Freaked.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Egbert Souse posted:

Tammy and the T-Rex is exactly the sort of film my cousins and I would have made if we had access to a robot dino for two weeks.

This is basically how the film came to be. The director know a guy who had some kind of lovely amusement park or something and was like "Do you want this mechanical dinosaur?" so then he took it and banged out a script to make a movie around it.

caligulamprey posted:

It's a lot of really stupid jokes that I'd write into a script and then immediately erase for being too loving stupid. I mean this as a compliment. It's an entire movie that's just the hammer joke from Freaked.

After seeing the the new version it became apparent to me that they knew exactly what kind of movie they were making and went all in.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Tammy and the T-Rex is loving wonderful and I'm so glad it exists.

e: Like, the original version is a funny curiosity, but the gore cut is legitimately one of my favorite horror comedies ever, if not my favorite. It's very easily in the same tier as Dead Alive or Re-Animator.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
Anyone rip their BDs to disk and have a legit plex setup with no piracy or is it just me?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Tammy and the T-Rex is loving wonderful and I'm so glad it exists.

e: Like, the original version is a funny curiosity, but the gore cut is legitimately one of my favorite horror comedies ever, if not my favorite. It's very easily in the same tier as Dead Alive or Re-Animator.

The new/intended version of the movie really does put the whole thing in a new light and somehow manages to make my enjoyment of the original release validated and invalidated at the same time. Both versions are completely bananas but the added dimesion to this is that even the cut version is very much not a kid's movie and they still tried to market it that way. In fact the whole reason I ever came across it is because several years back the video store I use to go to still had some tapes in the kid's section and Tammy and the T-Rex was there. I have no idea why he still had tapes in that section because he'd phased out video tapes way, way before that point. But it was like fate. When I watched it I was instantly a fan because it just seemed like one of those rare trainwrecks you really have to dig to find. The movie was so bizarre. I can't really say for sure but I feel like having the context of the previous version of the movie before seeing the new version adds something. I know many of you probably didn't see that one first and I don't really think it's essential to have experienced it that way, but there's just something there that I can't quite explain. The new version is obviously superior no matter what way you look at it and in any case I'm glad people are finally aware of Tammy and the T-Rex and that the blu-ray release reveals that the movie very much goes for full camp and totally succeeds.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Gonna have to make my own box set of sequels (superior to the original films) starring Terry Kiser featuring Weekend at Bernie's 2, Mannequin 2: On the Move and Friday the 13th VII: The New Blood.

Surf II doesn't count because there was no Surf I.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sniep posted:

Anyone rip their BDs to disk and have a legit plex setup with no piracy or is it just me?

I do it with Kodi and DVDs now. I rip them as ISO files,and get the menus and everything. A more recent version of Kodi added bluray support, but I haven't tried it yet (I'm concentrating on ripping my 800+ CD collection first).

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Hereditary code: CH83AWD8YBYMGYY0

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Looks like someone snagged it before I got to it.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Gonna have to look up Tammy and the T-Rex now.

Get Out T6HAJ4E3YY77
2001: A Space Odyssey 7SVD5H70NNAJNXQ5

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

wuggles posted:

You mofos are gonna make me buy it when I grab the Angel collection. I expect to not be disappointed.

Also, i was sure 2001 would be gotten but looks like it was available. Thanks man!

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.
If anybody wants them I have:

The Lego Batman Movie: G2VV7CTFK9WM

The Matrix: (Germany) 7VLFXCXGHVXGW302

Stingwing fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 29, 2019

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FilthyImp posted:

Also, i was sure 2001 would be gotten but looks like it was available. Thanks man!

Cause no one wants to put in that long rear end code

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

You mofos are gonna make me buy it when I grab the Angel collection. I expect to not be disappointed.

I bought the UHD version of it and I went to my brother's house to watch it since he has a UHD TV and player. My brother's response to it was "What the gently caress are we watching?" which is usually a good thing (he said the same thing about Hausu).

Also, I went through the entire Angel Collection and man, was not expecting those movies to be as good as they are. Granted, the first one is the strongest one in the series and Avenging Angel is goofy fun, but Angel 3 had the best credits song.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Stingwing posted:

If anybody wants them I have:

The Lego Batman Movie: G2VV7CTFK9WM

Snagged this one, thanks!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

wuggles posted:

Get Out T6HAJ4E3YY77
2001: A Space Odyssey 7SVD5H70NNAJNXQ5

Where are these codes for?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

DeimosRising posted:

Where are these codes for?

Digital copies of the films, for weirdos who don't like physical media

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I, Butthole posted:

Digital copies of the films, for weirdos who don't like physical media

No I mean which digital Redemption site, I tried one on Vudu and it didn’t work, but it didn’t give me the “already used” message

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I usually go to Movies Anywhere first, because Vudu has this weird thing where they want the name of the film in addition to the code.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Finally watching Tammy and the T Rex in 4K. This movie shouldn’t be this crystal clear. How did this get a better restoration than Terminator 2?!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Since everyone is sharing, I got the Mad Max collection for Xmas and it came with a code for Fury Road, which I do not need:

YBFW33T6BWFX

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 29, 2019

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.
I also have these codes, for those interested:

Wonder Woman: HT929CT7WMFW

Batman Begins: FM4Q6YTT6JXX

The Dark Knight: FYCX24C4GFCF

The Dark Knight Rises: M3KYT9WX7KM2

The latter three are meant for wb.com/redeemdigital, but I don't know if they work with anything else.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

gey muckle mowser posted:

Since everyone is sharing, I got the Mad Max collection for Xmas and it came with a code for Fury Road, which I do not need:

YBFW33T6BWFX

I just redeemed this one, thanks!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Liar Lyre posted:

Finally watching Tammy and the T Rex in 4K. This movie shouldn’t be this crystal clear. How did this get a better restoration than Terminator 2?!

Because Stewart Raffill lets the VinSyn people do their job.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

DeimosRising posted:

No I mean which digital Redemption site, I tried one on Vudu and it didn’t work, but it didn’t give me the “already used” message

Oh, sorry! I’ll look tomorrow and check unless someone figures it out before then

e: The sheet was purple

wuggles fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 29, 2019

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

Because Stewart Raffill lets the VinSyn people do their job.

It’s also a bit of a political thing with studios and post facilities. You can get great transfers with very little effort but studios like telling post departments to degrade the footage through softening (like Gaussian blur) and compression so that you can only see the best quality image from a DCP.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Stingwing posted:

Wonder Woman: HT929CT7WMFW

Somebody already sniped this one. Thanks for the effort, though.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

IUG posted:

I do it with Kodi and DVDs now. I rip them as ISO files,and get the menus and everything. A more recent version of Kodi added bluray support, but I haven't tried it yet (I'm concentrating on ripping my 800+ CD collection first).

Yeah, that's what I'm doing but with blu-ray focus, since I never really had a DVD library I decided to start with Blu's and have stuck to it. (Not even 4k, just regular blu rays) - Then digitizing them and adding to my "personal cloud" came later.

Save them to MKV from MakeMKV and don't touch them further - no transcoding, just the raw dump onto my NAS.

it takes a big NAS. I'm already running out of room on a 8x 8TB synology - Afraid of having to expand but the SHSC packrat NAS thread keeps current with deals on disks so I'm hopeful to get some 12 or 14 TB WD drives on the cheap soon to help expand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

There are definitely a bunch of different reasons, but what helps with esoteric poo poo like this is that the original film elements weren't used a whole bunch of times to make numerous film prints. This is why a lot of stuff no one gives a poo poo about looks great on blu-ray.