Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

can't wait for none of these features to not be in the base game and they're delivered over 3 years of quarterly 60 dollar dlcs 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕��🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

The new mechanics are actually going be in the base game, it's just that 90% of the OLD mechanics from ck2 will be on the dlc packs. Troll blocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

can't wait for none of these features to not be in the base game and they're delivered over 3 years of quarterly 60 dollar dlcs 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕��🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

None of them not being in the base game means they're all in the base game. Topic locked.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Trolls are welcome here.

Jihad_Watermelon
Dec 24, 2019
kebab

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3670501&userid=211485 hocus has been playing the longest FE recruitment hack con of all time

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3670501&userid=211485 hocus has been playing the longest FE recruitment hack con of all time

I don’t understand.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just FYI you can get the game + every expansion I think except the unit packs for 17 dollars on Humble Bundle right now. Thats what I just did.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Just FYI you can get the game + every expansion I think except the unit packs for 17 dollars on Humble Bundle right now. Thats what I just did.

Which game?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Which game?

The map game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Which game?

Europa Universalia IV/.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Europa Universalia IV/.

Bad rear end. Humble Bundle FTMFW

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
the new kaiserreich update is really good and i recommend u play it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

swimsuit posted:

the new kaiserreich update is really good and i recommend u play it

Maybe in 5 years when all 20 of the HOIV dlc is going for $17.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

What about the content packs?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What about the content packs?

Oh they there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I already own a bunch of that stuff how does it work. Does Humble give me all the codes separately so I can share DLC codes for stuff I already own with someone else.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

If I already own a bunch of that stuff how does it work. Does Humble give me all the codes separately so I can share DLC codes for stuff I already own with someone else.

Yah exactly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now that's some win.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

:staredog:

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

extremely upset that the "pre-order bundle" is being illegally and unethically included in this

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FreshCutFries posted:

extremely upset that the "pre-order bundle" is being illegally and unethically included in this

Mods, can we get a sixer for this massive noob?

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

we must protect the sanctity of pre-orders. it is a core tenant of gamer honor

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can someone remind me how to learn how to actually play this game lol.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Which game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It’s hard reading the early pages of this thread from when I used to masturbate, play eu4 and post online about map game strategies for 18 hours about a day 365 because I miss it so much, and it’s hosed up to say, and straight up grounds for divorce, but I would say goodbye to everything I’ve built to go back.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Eu4.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

about to load up attempt 4 at taking ireland lol

it's really similar to ck2 but holy poo poo learning the base game on top of all the dlcs....it was attempt 3 before i learned i had merchants

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wow Knuc really left me in the lurch huh. Well whatever.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Wow Knuc really left me in the lurch huh. Well whatever.

Sorry. I haven't played EU4 in a minute.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Have you tried watching 30 hours of Arumbas videos?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

excuse me. does anyone remember this game. how do i play it again.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
been playing ck2 again after a few years' break

it's pretty crazy how quickly your power can snowball based on pure luck. for example, I got a 27 stewardship Jew in my court by event. I liked him and he liked me so I gave him County Oxford hoping to foster a Jewish enclave in southern England. 20 years later he died with no heir, and I got not only my county back but somehow also the Ark of the Covenant.

you can win the first crusade easily as a minor power just by hiring mercs and gunning down a capital, drowning you in cash, prestige, and piety. then your crusader dies and gets canonized because they were in a religious order that frequently replaces all your vices with virtues by event. sainthood gives a permanent bloodline bonus to every subsequent heir. the bonus even gives a significant bonus to marriage offers involving any member of your family.

and the societies and lifestyles shower you with permanent stat bonuses. I don't even take seduction or carousing at all because they just plain break the game

after two generations, my treasury is packed so full of poo poo that the bonuses alone seem to make all my vassals love my heir the moment he inherits. council votes are never a problem.

unless you're an infidel neighbouring the abbasids or something, the only real threat in this game seems to be the black death, which unfailingly annihilates most of my family around 1100 (it's set to Delayed Dynamic)

so I'm wondering, is there a particularly fun start or achievement run, that will stay challenging enough (for at least a few generations) to make up for the inevitable power creep?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Try doing Defender of the Holy Sepulchre into Deus Vult. You start out weak and have to build your platform in a generation or so then you have to build up Jerusalem with strong enemies and multicultural vassals. Of course you have some insane bonuses etc but it’s fun for a long while.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1249042475064459265

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress off.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

huge paradox humble bundle, ive got most of it but is imperator rome good? i heard it was kind of iffy at launch but is anyone keeping up on it? big roman history buff so im real fuckin tempted, but ive got enough else to play that if it sucks i'll just wait for a couple expacs

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The New Order: Last Days of Europe got its first release. It's a really ambitious conversion mod that has a nice twist on the Axis won WW2 angle

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

huge paradox humble bundle, ive got most of it but is imperator rome good? i heard it was kind of iffy at launch but is anyone keeping up on it? big roman history buff so im real fuckin tempted, but ive got enough else to play that if it sucks i'll just wait for a couple expacs

It’s the worst mainline paradox title ever made

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

abuse culture. posted:

It’s the worst mainline paradox title ever made

cool. what sucks and is it getting better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has anyone been paying attention to the CKIII dev diaries. It's out in a month and I forgot they were making it