Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
That Lafreniere assist, good lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Holy poo poo that one timer.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Here comes the drama :ohdear:

e: now a penalty aaaaaaa

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Yes, 2-2! Go my little Swedes

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, it's going to a shootout.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Crap

Dumb penalty

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, smart penalty to take there.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Oh poo poo.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Lafreniere!!! :siren:

Ok that's enough crazy things this game we can finish now

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

OH poo poo!

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
God drat the wjcs own, what kind of pass was that by K’Andre Miller lmao

Save of the game by Andre Tourigny blocking that puck over glass penalty

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 26, 2019

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Haha the asst coach from canada just caught the puck as it was going over the glass from the defensive zone, not reviewable, no penalty

Suck it america haha

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

... Can he do that?

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I think the rule is that it's called a home run on review and the coach gets kicked out.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Crazy game, as per usual

Lafreniere is really good

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

They better loving make that coach the 3rd star.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Canada-USA never disappoints (Except when Canada loses, then I am disappointed)

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Woho, Sweden scores with 4.6 seconds to go in sudden death. We dominated the game in the final period so was kind of deserved. Need to get better at crashing the net though.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/HILITINGHOCKEY/status/1210296549390995456

e: better video

fisting by many fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 26, 2019

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is there an actual rule that about this situation? IIHF or NHL?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

ThinkTank posted:

Hoglander rules

High on the Hoglander

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is there an actual rule that about this situation? IIHF or NHL?

There is no rule about it in the NHL book, no. Makes sense since the bench is still considered out of play.

Pretty much the only thing the NHL rulebook says is that it is a penalty if it goes over glass. (It's not explicitly said, but it is still a penalty if the puck goes over glass, across the spectator area and lands in the bench.)

I guess the determining factor would be whether the puck ever "crosses the plane" :haw:

Kerrow
Mar 18, 2011

ZERO-G HERO
Lauko has torn MCL, his tournament lasted 53 seconds :rip:

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
That was a nice goal by Germany

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Oh hey Max Comtois got his own commercial. It's really weird how the dialogue of that situation got twisted to "everyone hates Max because he missed a shootout goal" when actually everyone hated him because he was flopping all over the ice and generally playing like a spoiled selfish rear end in a top hat.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Shappa posted:

Oh hey Max Comtois got his own commercial. It's really weird how the dialogue of that situation got twisted to "everyone hates Max because he missed a shootout goal" when actually everyone hated him because he was flopping all over the ice and generally playing like a spoiled selfish rear end in a top hat.

No he was targeted with an absurd amount of Mad Online after Canada was eliminated. People were sending literal death threats to the hockey child because Canada lost in the quarters.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

Hand Knit posted:

No he was targeted with an absurd amount of Mad Online after Canada was eliminated. People were sending literal death threats to the hockey child because Canada lost in the quarters.

That penalty shot sure didn't help, but he was already in the doghouse from his antics in the rest of his tournament. I don't even really remember that penalty shot offhand but I sure remember him diving against Russia. I guess it'd be interesting to see the alternate universe where some else on the team (lets say Hayton) got that penalty shot and missed to see what sort of twitter venom came from that.

But like I said, it's a really weird rhetoric that got presented in that commercial, but I guess the end message is good and really fits the policies that hockey Canada is pushing.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Can we all agree it's real fun to dunk on these teenagers with our friends and fellow SA posters but sending mean tweets at a child is a bit much?

Because I love styling on these kids for their dumb hockey but would never want them to actually hear (because they are better than I am and trying their best)

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

Oh yeah definitely, the end result of that situation was hosed and I hope that this isn't coming off like it was anything but that. But then that's pretty much all I ever hear of from twitter so I guess there's probably a much better solution to the situation (don't go on twitter ever)

On a more relevant note, I bet Germany is going to get a permanent seat at the big boy hockey table really soon. It's becoming really obvious that they're embracing the game at a whole new level and given their resources I'll bet they start being a mainstay at all levels.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Would like to apologize to Dorion for Being Mad at taking Shane Pinto at 32

Still should have taken Kaliyev though :colbert:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
just chiming in to say thay futute red wings #1 defenseman mortiz seider looked like poo poo. slow to react, got pushed around, late to every puck, looked lost in front of his own net, but he got a lidstrom assist so v:shobon:v

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Finland curbstomped Slovakia 8-1. Aatu Räty, a projected top pick for 2021, with a sweet wraparound goal and an assist.

https://twitter.com/tpehockey/status/1210946847902183424?s=21

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Germans looked pretty good against the states, and dang that game against the czechs was wild. Thought the game was swinging back to the czechs with how many penalties the germans were taking.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

My body is ready for Canada vs Russia

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Daws

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Arabian Jesus posted:

My body is ready for Canada vs Russia

Hopefully Canada shows up at some point in the game

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
This is going poorly for Canada

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

Good thing this is a preliminary round game that will probably mean nothing in the grand scheme of things cause boy howdy is this an embarrassing performance by team Canada so far.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Oh shiiittttt Lafreniere just hosed up his knee and it don't look good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1210999487910555648

:rip: