Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

It’s time to seriously consider whether or not DS3 is DS1 tier or in fact even better. I haven’t played the DLC so I couldn’t say for sure, but I have my suspicions.

Ds1 is better but ds3 has cool capes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Ds1 is better but ds3 has cool capes

the capes are my favorite thing about ds3 and cloth physics are the only reason i even played ds2 lol

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

I beat Kalameet this morning and it was a tough as hell fight, took lots of goes.

Pure bullin that I only got a joke prize but at least my best friend Gough gave me a huge rear end bow to compensate.

lmao merry Christmas

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Greatbows are so much frikkin fun

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DS2 gets credit for introducing lances also which I think are the funnest weapon type in souls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish powerstancing was in 3 but the rest of ds2 can go right into an incinerator

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Shooting hosts off bridges and cliffs with baguette sized arrows FTW.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

The Clowner posted:

3 and even 2 have a lot of great bosses but many in the original just have that og magic that the sequels can never recreate imo

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

still personally upset that the one ring in DS3 didnt give you rally and let you play it bloodborne style

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

still personally upset that the one ring in DS3 didnt give you rally and let you play it bloodborne style

it kinda does if you use the twin daggers

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
DS3 rules

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Clowner posted:

lmao merry Christmas

Thank you gamer

I can take off Manus health only about 1/3 each time but finally making progress. His only attack that I can’t dodge right now is his one hit kill so I pretty much die the first time he uses it lol. It just has such a long wind up and I keep forgetting so I dodge roll immediately, realise I dodged too soon and mash dodge again but that second dodge is too early too! Once I get that reaction down I think I should be able to beat him in a few more goes

Using Gwyndolin’s full set and a BK Axe so I have fast roll :black101:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Doing really well against the boss and nearly getting them, walking in the next time loving up instantly and dying to their first attack

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Doing really well against the boss and nearly getting them, walking in the next time loving up instantly and dying to their first attack

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

EmmyOk posted:

:darksouls:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The outhouse :twisted:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

lol

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/branflakeassMAN/status/1209839153321517063?s=19

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Y

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
It pisses me off that Ornstein, Artorias, and Smough's armor is like in all the games...

But Ciaran's was only in 1. That set rules, and would be great with cloth physics.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Ciaran's still alive out there somewhere is why.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miserable Maid posted:

It pisses me off that Ornstein, Artorias, and Smough's armor is like in all the games...

But Ciaran's was only in 1. That set rules, and would be great with cloth physics.

It would be cool to have a like dark souls master collection where every weapon and armor is in all 3 of them. Including powerstancing. Idk how you could make that work without doing 3 games worth of work though. I guess they could make a modding framework that let's you add animations and just let the community do it for them though. Probably not happening for similar reasons.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

https://imgur.com/swSSYA8 ummute

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I wish Vengarl's armor set was in Dark Souls 3

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Don’t think I’ll ever beat Manus. Spent ages upgrading some Elite Knight armour so I don’t die in one hit to his attacks but it doesn’t seem to matter. I can only ever take off about a third of his health before dying. I think I’ve spent more time on him than all other bosses combined and made 0 progress in how well I do against him. I think I may have to give up and just fight Gwyn.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Don’t think I’ll ever beat Manus. Spent ages upgrading some Elite Knight armour so I don’t die in one hit to his attacks but it doesn’t seem to matter. I can only ever take off about a third of his health before dying. I think I’ve spent more time on him than all other bosses combined and made 0 progress in how well I do against him. I think I may have to give up and just fight Gwyn.

Don't give up, skeleton!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How much health do you have? He's hard but I don't think his moves should be able to OHKO outside of his mega super attack

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hope ur not using magic or magic weapons sincenthse do like 0 damage 2 him

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

All my stats are absolute muck but I figure if I play like I did against Artorias I can manage.

Got some heavy armour now and I can just about survive his super juggle and his really delayed slam (this catches me out a lot). Switched to my longsword instead of the BK axe to maintain roll and it’s doing just under 300 damage which is manageable I think.

I was sticking to him like glue but I think this is a mistake as I miss some of his telegraphs or his fast swipes. Gonna start trying what I did with Art and get in close hit once and roll back out a bit before dodging his next attack.

Definitely have the chops to beat him just keep loving it up. I’ve been listening to James Blunt to soothe myself and I’m gonna take him back on in the morning when I am totally serene. He shouldn’t be that much harder than OS or the Kings I feel like.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

Hope ur not using magic or magic weapons sincenthse do like 0 damage 2 him

I tried using sunlight blade and it did four extra damage per swing lol. Then my pal told me those ghosties drop lots of humanity so in one run I farmed ten and went in with the maxed out Chaos Z and 10 humanity and it does less damage than a regular longsword :negative:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

he was the hardest boss in the game for me, outside of OS probably

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ya he’s tough and I think the most punishing of not having a good idea how to build my char. But I know I can beat him and not dying super fast is gonna work out better even if it means about 2/3 the damage. Plus can always try call in Sif

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Oh if you didn't figure it out, Manus is the Pygmy

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

What! I thought he’d be nice!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
the worst thing about manus is the runback imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Still not sure if I believe you

And ya the run back is so easy but so long. Longer than many of my attempts :madmax:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

if u consider dark souls 3 dlc “canon,” i think this is wrong

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
manus is like some kind of super humanity monster. and marvelous chester is a bloodborne character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

if u consider dark souls 3 dlc “canon,” i think this is wrong

I consider every video game canon. Mario is a plumber from brooklyn.