Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

EmmyOk posted:

Still not sure if I believe you

And ya the run back is so easy but so long. Longer than many of my attempts :madmax:

i cant remember if i found a way back that avoids all the sprites or not. that was the worst bit for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Patches is the Pygmy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

using Bordt's Big Hammer in ds3. frostbite is a cool status effect. i dont remember where to get the boss weapon upgrade mats, but this +1 is loving everything up so it doesnt relaly matter.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

In Training posted:

using Bordt's Big Hammer in ds3. frostbite is a cool status effect. i dont remember where to get the boss weapon upgrade mats, but this +1 is loving everything up so it doesnt relaly matter.

If you got the three twinkling titanite from Firelink already, the next is four from cathedrals of the deep and the pathway to it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

I tried using sunlight blade and it did four extra damage per swing lol. Then my pal told me those ghosties drop lots of humanity so in one run I farmed ten and went in with the maxed out Chaos Z and 10 humanity and it does less damage than a regular longsword :negative:

you should probably use a +15 of whatever the best phsyical weapon u can get he's super resistant to evertything else. i did a low level troll mage with the mlgs so i could shoot the honing spells from the rafters of sens fortress in invasions and it took like 20 minutes of thumping him with the moonlight great sword to finally kill him, epic

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

mysterious loyall X posted:

you should probably use a +15 of whatever the best phsyical weapon u can get he's super resistant to evertything else. i did a low level troll mage with the mlgs so i could shoot the honing spells from the rafters of sens fortress in invasions and it took like 20 minutes of thumping him with the moonlight great sword to finally kill him, epic

that sounds epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maya Fey posted:

that sounds epic

I agree maya

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Poonlight Gaysword

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sure as I’m always sayin, folks, no man bests me in 63 straight rounds

E: I’m human because I almost had him last time with two hits left but ran out of Estus and he did some new attack with a ring of orbs so I’d kindled to 20. This time I did it with ten anyway lol.

Once I had armour that meant I could mess up on some of my dodges then play carefully until I could heal I could consistently get over half his HP gone so it was only a matter of time.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

63 sounds rough! My most # of attempts per boss in a from game was well over 90+ on Defiled Watchdog and I never wanna repeat that

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol ya I think probably as much as OS, Four Kings, and Sanctuary Guardian combined.

I think for the DLC I was exposed a lot with a weak character and instead of focussing on survivability focussed on damage output (still low). With Manus I’d say my last 5 tries where I just had better armour and a weaker attacks I did about twice as much damage to his health and my try just before winning I had him within two hits. So IMO I had the skill just hadn’t realised how much survivability would be key. As I don’t think I played much differently on those last 5 tries but all of a sudden was hacking off a lot more HP each time

Goddamn I love this game

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also my pal arrhythmia where I can I read Pygmy lore in game? Carefully been reading all my items but even Manus didn’t mention them

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Also my pal arrhythmia where I can I read Pygmy lore in game? Carefully been reading all my items but even Manus didn’t mention them

There's very little pygmy lore, but here's what you need to make the pygmy = manus connection. If you kill the four kings before you place the lord vessel you get to meet Frampt's evil twin, who says, among other things:

quote:

After the advent of fire, the ancient lords found the three souls.
But your progenitor found a fourth, unique soul.
The Dark Soul.

So, the furtive pygmy is the father of humanity. If you chat with Chester:

quote:

Oolacile has brought the Abyss upon itself.
Fooled by that toothy serpent, they upturned the grave of primeval man, and incited his ornery wrath.

And the pygmy is a totally nice guy. You just had his fuckin' pendant.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Playing the DS1 DLC with a magic character was honestly a bit miserable. It's great content but the balance is very stupid

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Maya Fey posted:

that sounds epic

it was good. i also made a guy with a +10 chaos pitchfork to invade from the rafters and use the r2 attack to fall on people but that only worked like once or twice. but it was simple amazeballs when i did fall on someone causing them to fall and killing both of us

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

There's very little pygmy lore, but here's what you need to make the pygmy = manus connection. If you kill the four kings before you place the lord vessel you get to meet Frampt's evil twin, who says, among other things:

of course in the dark souls 3 dlc it turns out there was a council of pygmies and if u drink their blood ur blood becomes the blood of the Dark Soul, which is actually just paint

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

it was good. i also made a guy with a +10 chaos pitchfork to invade from the rafters and use the r2 attack to fall on people but that only worked like once or twice. but it was simple amazeballs when i did fall on someone causing them to fall and killing both of us

:nice:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol the part in ds3 where you dip your rear end in a vat of cum

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esOpx7ybPt8

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

Lol. 3 had a good sense of humor.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lmfao

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

you're actually have that sort of sex in a bad, perjorative way that's possibly worse than the terrible game itself because i'm a hetero nomative chud bigot from foad and i don't care whom knows it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

please don't quote me or interact with me you habve the worst avatar i've ever seen

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lol

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

please don't quote me or interact with me you habve the worst avatar i've ever seen

you can't see yours?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Panty Saluter posted:

you can't see yours?

All I can see is my fist in your face! gently caress you!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

This owns a lot, thank you! My Pygmy son strong as hell

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Arrhythmia posted:

All I can see is my fist in your face! gently caress you!

thats not how punching works, nerd

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Once I found out Gwyn could be parried I didn’t want to beat him any other way lol so it took a bit longer than expected. ty ty all friends for helping me with the hard parts :hai:

Hopefully the thread knows Das2 as comprehensively. Or just Bob perhaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6fDaa0NpfM

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Bearer... Seek... Seek... Lest

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Uranium posted:

Bearer... Seek... Seek... Lest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark souls poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's lots of annoying poo poo in ds2 but the only thing I guess I'd warn about is that they added a stat that affects your movement and iframes so you have to put a bunch of levels into it at the start of the game to make the game feel tolerable. baffling design

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah it sounds wild. My pal started it recently playing with the double fist weapons so I’m gonna try that too. Plus focus on a specific build this time instead of trying to hit limits to try so many different things out.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah it sounds wild. My pal started it recently playing with the double fist weapons so I’m gonna try that too. Plus focus on a specific build this time instead of trying to hit limits to try so many different things out.

You get so many drat soul levels in this one you won't be able to stay focused lol

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

EmmyOk posted:

Once I found out Gwyn could be parried I didn’t want to beat him any other way lol so it took a bit longer than expected. ty ty all friends for helping me with the hard parts :hai:

Hopefully the thread knows Das2 as comprehensively. Or just Bob perhaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6fDaa0NpfM

pretty good damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The rapier does 75 damage to him normally but with the Hornet ring and it’s own riposte bonus it blasts up to 1100 or so lol. Wanna pair it with the Leo Ring too if I can :getin: