Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Also "money" just comes from the latin "moneta," which could refer to the place where coins were minted or to the coins themselves. It was an epithet of Juno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Coins are munt (past tense of mint) not forged, hence money (the spelling has changed over time) :eng101: Forged money is illegal!

That's why it's called a FORGEry. :haw:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

tribbledirigible posted:

Still valid currency even if stuck at the bottom of the sea.

Spo.... Spongebob Squarepants?

JamesOff
Dec 12, 2002

What a frightening beast!

Besesoth posted:

Personally, I only accept coins that are too big to be moved.

e: if that image is too big it’s either irony or phoneposting

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Caufman
May 7, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Toss a coin made of wicker?

...Hmm...

Lobok posted:

O'Malley, O'Leary

...gently caress...

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol. Sell Dominos stock now!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

So embarrassing to not check the tire pressure on your miata

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Driving, looking down at their hand, posting on social media, and with the parking brake on?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
how fast are they going everyone?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Lobok posted:

Driving, looking down at their hand, posting on social media, and with the parking brake on?

TPMS

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Those are really rad nails though

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This is extremely cursed.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ah. Not sure if that's better or worse!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

teen witch posted:

how fast are they going everyone?

Mice?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

Ah. Not sure if that's better or worse!

Hmmm...
Driving with the parking brake on
OR
Driving with one tire at 32psi rather than 35psi

RCarr has a new favorite as of 14:25 on Dec 29, 2019

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is extremely cursed.

No nail shaming

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

RCarr posted:

Hmmm...
Driving with the parking break on
OR
Driving with one tire at 32psi rather than 35psi

You're right, it is a bit of a toss up

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Solice Kirsk posted:

Huh, so this is what a life goal feels like...

This gives mad bous to your population happiness but it is also hell on crime

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

dialhforhero posted:

This gives mad bous to your population happiness but it is also hell on crime

I know I'm wrong, but I always think of English crime as sort of cute and fun. Like, I can't imagine ever being afraid of a criminal in England. Waiving a cheap steak knife at me or something, telling me to give them my wallet in that accent. It's just kind of adorable to think about.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My impression of English crime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cc-0gSmtuI
Accent's there, but also more classical music.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

The english freaking out about knife crime is like a child’s realization that their parent has alzheimer’s and doesn’t really know what to tell them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Solice Kirsk posted:

I know I'm wrong, but I always think of English crime as sort of cute and fun. Like, I can't imagine ever being afraid of a criminal in England. Waiving a cheap steak knife at me or something, telling me to give them my wallet in that accent. It's just kind of adorable to think about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZnEpaSOFwk

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, it all seems like fun and games until you meet the equivalent of Bricktop or Bullet-tooth Tony and your viewpoint is irrevocably darkened.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha! Yes, pretty much that.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, it all seems like fun and games until you meet the equivalent of Bricktop or Bullet-tooth Tony and your viewpoint is irrevocably darkened.

Yeah, I know. But even then they still kinda sound like they're inviting you to a tea party.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, I know. But even then they still kinda sound like they're inviting you to a tea party.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dGOrsYfHr0

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I mean, if you're trying to show me the English can be just as ruthless and coldblooded as any other culture then why not just post pictures of their food?

Heeeeeeeeeyyyyooooooo!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

I mean, if you're trying to show me the English can be just as ruthless and coldblooded as any other culture then why not just post pictures of their food?

Heeeeeeeeeyyyyooooooo!

Or their colonies.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If I recall correctly, Australia invented grilling shrimp and big beers. So they get a pass.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Solice Kirsk posted:

We don't do mere thuggery; we do the high-end stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7gR7EYjcP8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgX6JFoV0TM

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

These days it's all about the park muggings. You could be sat there on a bench, or relaxing watching your dog try to murder some geese, and hey! Five lads with knives asking you very politely to hand over your phone and wallet.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Tired: I did not inhale

Wired:https://twitter.com/trishthefishTD/status/1137496713382551556?s=19

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

:stare: