Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I know Cyberpunk has had its massive facepalm moments, but IIRC the GOG tweets were 1 guy who was immediately fired?

idk, with everything that's happened with them i feel like it's a cultural problem with the company and im not comfortable giving them my money. im not here to start a crusade, just my personal choice, as a trans person, not to support a company that has repeatedly engaged in bigotry against me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

razorrozar posted:

idk, with everything that's happened with them i feel like it's a cultural problem with the company and im not comfortable giving them my money. im not here to start a crusade, just my personal choice, as a trans person, not to support a company that has repeatedly engaged in bigotry against me.

More power to ya, no sarcasm - I'm not trying to defend CDPR, but I'm not 100% familiar with what happened is all.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Snow Cone Capone posted:

More power to ya, no sarcasm - I'm not trying to defend CDPR, but I'm not 100% familiar with what happened is all.

aside from the transphobic and pro-GamerGate tweets from the GoG account, the Cyberpunk account made an "assume their gender" joke, and then there's the controversy surrounding trans people in Cyberpunk to begin with

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

razorrozar posted:

but then you're supporting bigots :sigh:

i mean you're probably supporting bigots buying from any other service too, but none as visibly bigoted as CD Projekt Red

Tim Sweeney's a big chud and Gabe's a disconcerting black box of politics (but in favor stack ranking in terms of management), so it's very likely lose/lose/lose there.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

razorrozar posted:

aside from the transphobic and pro-GamerGate tweets from the GoG account, the Cyberpunk account made an "assume their gender" joke, and then there's the controversy surrounding trans people in Cyberpunk to begin with

Yeah I heard about the whole Cyberpunk shitstorm; I was curious about the 2 GOG account tweets since I'm pretty sure I remember them specifically saying they shitcanned the guy who made both the tweets.

Not really a great situation any way you spin it :sigh:

VVV outright bigotry often masquerades as "tone-deaf jokes" though

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 30, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I looked it up out of curiosity and it seemed more like a tone deaf joke more than outright bigotry to me? Certainly a fine reason to not buy their games if it makes you feel that way though.

Edit:

razorrozar posted:

Ah, sound like there is more to it than just what I looked up. Tbh devs should really probably stop it with the twitter hot takes when they are trying to sell a product to people.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 30, 2019

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I have some bad new for all of you that are consuming:

-petro chemicals
-plastics
-microelectronics that use coltan (all of them)
-US dollars
-diamonds
-meat

you are all monsters and you really should adjust you consumption under capitalism to be more ethical :colbert:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
heres a list of things you literally cant escape, heres a thing you can choose not to participate in. these are the same cuz im a huge dipshit

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rutibex posted:

-petro chemicals
-plastics
-US dollars
-diamonds
-meat

you are all monsters and you really should adjust you consumption under capitalism to be more ethical :colbert:

why the gently caress, whenever someone brings up that they've chosen not to support a particular company, do people like you come out of the woodwork to tell us that since there's no ethical consumption under capitalism, we might as well just loving dive in and roll in the pigshit

i have to consume to stay alive. that is not something i have a choice in. that does not mean i cannot take steps to make my consumption as ethical as is feasible.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

site posted:

heres a list of things you literally cant escape, heres a thing you can choose not to participate in. these are the same cuz im a huge dipshit

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Diamonds $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Rutibex posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Diamonds $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

This is a really weak attempt to deflect how lovely your OP was, dawg

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
Having played Yakuza 0, the main story is the only redeeming quality, and this probably applies to the series as a whole. Everything else in the game isn’t fun and is a waste of time.

If you’re stuck on some puzzle in The Witness for too long, Googling the answer improves the game experience.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Rutibex posted:

-petro chemicals
-plastics
-US dollars
-diamonds
-meat

Shut up, dipshit.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Minimum Syntaxing posted:

Having played Yakuza 0, the main story is the only redeeming quality, and this probably applies to the series as a whole. Everything else in the game isn’t fun and is a waste of time.

If you’re stuck on some puzzle in The Witness for too long, Googling the answer improves the game experience.

"the story" and "the pointless waste of time minigames" are the exact 2 things the Yakuza series are famous for, so at least you enjoyed one of the two!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I know Cyberpunk has had its massive facepalm moments, but IIRC the GOG tweets were 1 guy who was immediately fired?

Yeah this is all about one deleted tweet by a fired employee who was obviously speaking for everyone at the company

Frankly it would be nice if you guys would stop lying and saying CD projekt are bigots

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

poverty goat posted:

Yeah this is all about one deleted tweet by a fired employee who was obviously speaking for everyone at the company

i literally already explained that it wasn't, and you're an ableist rear end in a top hat so you can shut the gently caress up anyway

poverty goat posted:

Ableism is over, we elected a retard president

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

razorrozar posted:

i literally already explained that it wasn't, and you're an ableist rear end in a top hat so you can shut the gently caress up anyway

You've posted a lot of words but that doesn't mean you're right, friend

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i guess if we want to dismiss out of hand concerns trans people had over artwork displayed in game iirc after those tweets. but the only reason i would think one would want to do that is that they were not posting in good faith

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

poverty goat posted:

You've posted a lot of words but that doesn't mean you're right, friend

gee, i wonder why you are so intent on telling me that im imagining the bigotry against me -

gently caress. off.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Maybe someday someone will follow you around the internet, encouraging people to steal your work because you're such a bad poster

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It is both cool and good to vote with your dollar because that is the only way you ever really get your message across.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

poverty goat posted:

Maybe someday someone will follow you around the internet, encouraging people to steal your work because you're such a bad poster

when have i said anything in this conversation that remotely suggests piracy

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Minimum Syntaxing posted:

The Yakuza series seems to be nothing but an urban lifestyle simulator for the poor/socially anxious with an amusing soap opera as a framing device. It kind-of rules on that basis.

Also lmao poverty goat loving sucks goddamn get with the times, trans people are here to stay and their concerns are legit

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

razorrozar posted:

when have i said anything in this conversation that remotely suggests piracy

Plus I'm not sure that you disliking me even counts as a bad videogame opinion. Don't you have anything to contribute?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

You guys are getting a little carried away with the zeitgeist if you think I have anything against trans people on SA

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

razorrozar posted:

gee, i wonder why you are so intent on telling me that im imagining the bigotry against me -

gently caress. off.

It would be neat if all toilets everywhere were "uni-sex" aka "normal".

e: People with penuses can pee on a toilet. Urinals are unnecessary.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Objection! Your honor this post is almost three years old, and my client has served his sentence.

*Whispers in poverty goat's ear*: invoke the 5th amendment if they ask you about that on the stand.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

poverty goat posted:

You guys are getting a little carried away with the zeitgeist if you think I have anything against trans people on SA

why would we think that -

you may continue to go gently caress yourself now

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

So in response to dk64 coming up a while back in this thread I felt like playing dk64 again.

I got everything, even all the useless regular bananas. It was pretty fun. Beaver bother and the bunny race in the forest are still broken pieces of garbage.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Gonna do what I can to get this thread back on track.

*ahem*

Bioshock: Infinite is good and the ending is great.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Let he/she/pronoun of choice who never posted an Ill conceived joke on the internet cast the first stone

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

is pepsi ok posted:

*ahem*

Well, the ending is a lot better than the last third.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh drat guys this thread is poppin off. It's poppin off!!!

The PPM reader is off the charts!!!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

is pepsi ok posted:

*ahem*

legit the gameplay is fantastic and most of the story is good

the Daisy Fitzroy plotline ruins basically the entire rest of the story though

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

is pepsi ok posted:

My "too cool for school" self still wants to give you a swirlie based on this, so yes good opinion.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

razorrozar posted:

legit the gameplay is fantastic and most of the story is good

the Daisy Fitzroy plotline ruins basically the entire rest of the story though

Yeah I love the game but I always maintain that that was an irredeemable flaw. They wrote themselves into a corner where they had to get the focus of the story off the rebellion and back on to Booker and Elizabeth and they went about it in the worst possible way.

The final third is an unquestioned mess and drags what could have been a masterpiece down to just good. But the first third is still something special. I also think it's a game that works better the second time you play it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Daisy Fitzroy, so deep, much feels. Wow.

I mean first it's like, she's a victim of the system, and she's fighting. She's fighting the injustice. Big themes here man. She's very heroic and you gotta root for her. But then like, Sliders happens and Daisy is like, basically just killing everyone? Like it's really whole bunch of killing and you're like "man, really makes you think if it's all worth the cost". Like maybe things have gotten out of hand. I know things were bad for those folks, but to do this? It's like what Neetszh said about fighting monsters. That's like the duality of life. War and peace. I was blown away. What a roller coaster of emotions. 10/10

What do you say now, Mr. Ebert?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't even remember that much about the plot. What the heck?

I shot some bad dudes and then I had to shoot some insane dudes and then I was Joseph Smith???

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't even remember that much about the plot. What the heck?

I shot some bad dudes and then I had to shoot some insane dudes and then I was Joseph Smith???

the bit we're talking about is the bit where Daisy Fitzroy holds a child hostage for political gain, which runs entirely counter to everything that's been shown/told about her character. it's a major writing misstep and the story never really recovers from it.

then Burial at Sea made it worse by turning the woman of color into nothing but a plot device for the character development of the white protagonist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

razorrozar posted:

the bit we're talking about is the bit where Daisy Fitzroy holds a child hostage for political gain, which runs entirely counter to everything that's been shown/told about her character. it's a major writing misstep and the story never really recovers from it.

then Burial at Sea made it worse by turning the woman of color into nothing but a plot device for the character development of the white protagonist

I literally don't even remember a Daisy Fitzroy :newlol: Were they the resistance leader? (Not that it matters.)