Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil
Ds 2 is the best one because you can spend fifteen hours just fighting those big armor guys in one of the first areas and then decide that you 'pretty much get it' and never play another from game again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

50 new posts,, someone must have mentioned dark souls 2

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Crumbskull posted:

Ds 2 is the best one because you can spend fifteen hours just fighting those big armor guys in one of the first areas and then decide that you 'pretty much get it' and never play another from game again

The dark sols 2 of posting

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Crumbskull posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

If you got the three twinkling titanite from Firelink already, the next is four from cathedrals of the deep and the pathway to it.

i only got the 1 titanite in firelink, unless you're confusing twinkling and scales. I know there's a lizard in the crucifix ion shortcut and at the bottom of the cathedral, but if I could get +3 before the catacombs that would be sick

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

In Training posted:

i only got the 1 titanite in firelink, unless you're confusing twinkling and scales. I know there's a lizard in the crucifix ion shortcut and at the bottom of the cathedral, but if I could get +3 before the catacombs that would be sick

You can trade for a couple with the crows with common items, don't remember which ones.

If you go the cathedral before doing the catacombs, you can definitely have enough from killing crystal lizards to be +3 before catacombs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I need scales not twinkling though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Crucifixion Woods PVP ftmfw.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

In Training posted:

I need scales not twinkling though.

oh, they distributed those really weird throughout the game like they forget to place them and realized too late and now there's 30+ in the last couple of areas.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think they didnt intend to let you get boss weapons so early like how its halfway through the game depending on route in ds2 but it's like, the third boss counting gundyr in ds3. At least that's the only way scale positions make sense to me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I think they didnt intend to let you get boss weapons so early like how its halfway through the game depending on route in ds2 but it's like, the third boss counting gundyr in ds3. At least that's the only way scale positions make sense to me.

Yeah even a +2 boss weapon kills everything in one hit, if I could get even stronger rn it would make these early bosses a complete joke. But hell you can kill gargs in 2 hits with a zweihander so it's all part of the charm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the cathedral is one of my fave souls levels...such a cool atmosphere and design, and so many secrets I didn't even know existed until subsequent playthroughs

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The Clowner posted:

I think Brume Tower was based on scrapped plans for the fifth Demons's Souls headstone, so there you go

The level is in the game files and you can watch people play through it on youtube. I don't remember which section of ds2 dlc was based on it but the structure/geometry are exactly the same

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

the cathedral is one of my fave souls levels...such a cool atmosphere and design, and so many secrets I didn't even know existed until subsequent playthroughs

the patches interactions there are the best part of the game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the gating of materials in DS3 is weird and I don't like it. I guess it comes out of it being a more linear game in general but it feels very artificial that you just can't find certain materials until after very strict progression points

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
3 has the best combat of all the Souls games but it's probably my least favorite. I like that they remade the Latria dungeon from Demon's Souls though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't because if i got that far it means i've wasted at least 10 hours playing dark souls 3 when i couldhave been playing buttery smooth 20 fps emulated demons souls on my 8000 dollar dual sli 2080 rig

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Dynamite Düx > Dark Souls 2

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Doing a new round of Dark Souls 3 without shields and messing with all the weapon arts is fun. Sekiro kinda breaks the earlier games' difficulty since everything is so slow. Iudex Gundyr gave me so much trouble the first time but he's a total pushover now.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity. :hai:

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Doing a new round of Dark Souls 3 without shields and messing with all the weapon arts is fun. Sekiro kinda breaks the earlier games' difficulty since everything is so slow. Iudex Gundyr gave me so much trouble the first time but he's a total pushover now.

my first proper dark soul playthough was DS3 and I did it shieldless with the butcher's knife and never learned how to parry

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

In Training posted:

one of my favorite DS3 times was hanging out in CW with a +4 Lucerne and some variety of parry shield and just PVPing constantly for like 30 hours before moving on

e: not quite as fun as the rat covenant in DS2 but still

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

one of my favorite DS3 times was hanging out in CW with a +4 Lucerne and some variety of parry shield and just PVPing constantly for like 30 hours before moving on

e: not quite as fun as the rat covenant in DS2 but still

No surprise that you felt at home in the rat covenant.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

I’m pleasantly surprised that you can meet Gael in the chapel next to the Cathedral of the Deep after beating the game with another character. Now I can take a crack at AoA with SL 20.

nosering
Oct 12, 2012
cant believe i just did this lol

nosering fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 22, 2020

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nosering posted:

:cheerdoge:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

nosering posted:

:hellyeah:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

nosering posted:

The real Dark Souls ends here. :patriot:

nosering
Oct 12, 2012
Thank you gamers. Gonna start on ds:r platty soon I wonder if anything in it will be as annoying as farming concords for 2000 hours

Also was surprised that contrary to what I’ve read I got summoned a ton of times even at sl 200+ glad everyone is keeping the souls alive

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

nosering posted:

Thank you gamers. Gonna start on ds:r platty soon I wonder if anything in it will be as annoying as farming concords for 2000 hours

Also was surprised that contrary to what I’ve read I got summoned a ton of times even at sl 200+ glad everyone is keeping the souls alive

The trophies are literally the same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

was thinking about this game again so I downloaded the item Randomizer, it's pretty cool. I beat gargs with a +2 demon spear in 3 hits but now my only open path is to drain new Londo :stonklol:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmfao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

was thinking about this game again so I downloaded the item Randomizer, it's pretty cool. I beat gargs with a +2 demon spear in 3 hits but now my only open path is to drain new Londo :stonklol:

really wish i had a gameing pc so i could do poo poo like this + dark souls 3 mod that adds bloodborne weapons

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

really wish i had a gameing pc so i could do poo poo like this + dark souls 3 mod that adds bloodborne weapons

it's pretty cool and makes you rethink how much you know about available items, just like most randomizer I suppose. But the first half of DS1 is rly open especially if you choose master key so you can cover a lot of ground before you start really needing a specific key. there's a hosed up looking mod that I kinda wanna try that's like the REmake door randomizer where every fog gate warps you to another random fog gate exit and there's level scaling implemented to try and let you play the entire game in a scrambled order. But I don't know if my brain can handle it

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

I was attempting an SL1 run of DS3 when this showed up in the C-SPAM Cool Zone chat:
https://twitter.com/jeremoss/status/1266912803144830976

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uranium posted:

I was attempting an SL1 run of DS3 when this showed up in the C-SPAM Cool Zone chat:

:cursed:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Try tongue but hole

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

Try tongue but hole
don't be disrespectful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Uranium posted:

Cool vandalism, just the kind of content I look forward to in IZ.