Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastdancer posted:

I gotta know-- 1.) Did you have some sweet MIDI synthesizer action going on for the game's soundtrack soundfont, and 2.) Do you prefer it to the original PS1 arrangements

I had and it sucked. I played a lot with all soundfonts I could find, but it was all still a wet fart, especially by the time you reached the end. The process of messing with soundfonts in itself was more entertaining than listening to the final results.

Edit: All the geocities pages ruled though.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I am excited for this game Op

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
I just wanna climb the stairs to the 55th floor of Shinra HQ

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Terper posted:

You should already have them bookmarked on youtube, smdh

Okay, but just for you

I had no idea there were so many, actually! Thanks so much for this!

So glad that my decision to buy a PS4 at launch will FINALLY be vindicated. :negative:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
You know it's complete crap that every company has decided to cash in on nostalgia, as if what everyone wants is rehashes of the same old tired stories and no one wants to experiment or try anything ne--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riZnqb1NthM

aw gently caress im probably going to buy this aren't I

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

you can post about cursed mods all you want, but you will all regret it when someone adds a "switch Cloud for Noctis" mod

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

the first two mods that come out for this game are going to be tifa having larger breasts and playing as crossdressed cloud for the entire game

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

they will both be installed by everyone but most people will claim to have done it ironically

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Lastdancer posted:

I gotta know-- 1.) Did you have some sweet MIDI synthesizer action going on for the game's soundtrack soundfont, and 2.) Do you prefer it to the original PS1 arrangements

Yeah it was midi, and it ruled. The soundtrack was amazing, I listened to that poo poo even when not playing.

Honestly I only knew the midi version and after listening to the ps1 Ost on Youtube i still prefer it.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Chomposaur posted:

Hey only cause Cait Sith not on the list for some reason

He is not going to be in the game if it's only Midgar

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Victory Position posted:

you can post about cursed mods all you want, but you will all regret it when someone adds a "switch Cloud for Noctis" mod

That, and swapping Barret for Prompto will be the best mods.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

New Wave Jose posted:

He is not going to be in the game if it's only Midgar

I mean he does make a cameo in the Honeybee Inn, sorta

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

HD DAD posted:

I mean he does make a cameo in the Honeybee Inn, sorta

That bathing scene had better be in.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Vichan posted:

That bathing scene had better be in.

There’s a recent interview where either Nomura or Kitase say the Honeybee Inn scenario has been expanded rather than cut.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eulogistics posted:

I just wanna climb the stairs to the 55th floor of Shinra HQ

It would be cool if this were an optional dungeon crawl section where you could do all floors in Shinra HQ.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HD DAD posted:

There’s a recent interview where either Nomura or Kitase say the Honeybee Inn scenario has been expanded rather than cut.

That is hilarious, the fan theory for years now has been that the scene would be cut.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Intro from the demo leaked (3 min long): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ivzat4BSJ8

e: surprise mashup of two music tracks in the very opening song of the game

Pennfalath fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 31, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pennfalath posted:

Intro from the demo leaked (3 min long): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ivzat4BSJ8

I really hope this means the demo will be available in the next week. :pray:

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Pennfalath posted:

Please give me a New Years gift and make this downloadable at midnight square.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Frabba posted:

Please give me a New Years gift and make this downloadable at midnight square.

:emptyquote:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Mako eyes, in my child mind, were like SUPER hosed up. Like horribly so because of how many people instantly notice it. So I guess it's kinda disappointing that they're only slightly glowy green.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Mako eyes, in my child mind, were like SUPER hosed up. Like horribly so because of how many people instantly notice it. So I guess it's kinda disappointing that they're only slightly glowy green.

the eyes on cloud's field model were more fluorescent than a neon sign, so yeah, they definitely downplayed in the remake

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Pennfalath posted:

I already have abnormally high expectations and if those 3 minutes are any indication they might even be exceeded.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Pennfalath posted:

I'm gonna buy this game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

triple sulk posted:

I'm gonna buy this game

Which actually brings up an interesting question I had about this demo, was how do we know this isn't just from E3 or some other limited time event to play it? But the main menu at the top shows a buy now option, which wouldn't be there in the other demos. Very ready to play this demo, and absolutely buying the game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper posted:

Holy loving poo poo I'm so loving excited for the Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 1, Jesus gently caress, I need to consume every screen and video for every minute detail, can you please help me aaaaAAAa

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
I enjoyed how faithful it was to the original intro. Capcom pulled it out the bag for Resident Evil 2, maybe now after the success of Shadowbringers Square can keep some of that momentum going.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Weasling Weasel posted:

I enjoyed how faithful it was to the original intro. Capcom pulled it out the bag for Resident Evil 2, maybe now after the success of Shadowbringers Square can keep some of that momentum going.

lol, while FFVII Remake looks great, do not take that to mean you should ever have any faith in Square-Enix.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Do we know anything about the demo? Will it give you a save file that can just carry across into the main game?

I might just wait till release if not.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

Do we know anything about the demo? Will it give you a save file that can just carry across into the main game?

I might just wait till release if not.

I would think so since it starts at the very beginning of the game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, demos letting you carry over progress seems to be the big new trend, and Square's already done it with the DQ11S demo and Builders 2.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Carryover demos are popular with persistent world, always-online games but I don't think a single-player RPG would really qualify. I think it'll just be a demo.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Original intro had punchier pacing but OK quite faithful to the original otherwise

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If the Demo carries over to the full release, great. If not, come March, I'll be able to breeze through the Demo portion, because I'll have played it to the point that I can do it in my sleep.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Another reason why I'm guessing the demo will not carry over save data: I fully expect Square-Enix to be fine-tuning the sweat gleam on Barret's chest until midnight 3/3 and the demo version might already be incompatible with the final product.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

All these years later and I'm still not used to pronouncing it "Mah-ko" instead of "May-ko."

gently caress I ain't gonna be playing this game anyway. But I will watch others play it with interest.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

I said come in! posted:

lol, while FFVII Remake looks great, do not take that to mean you should ever have any faith in Square-Enix.

yeah I'm guessing they're going to gently caress with the characterization some and it's going to be bad

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, demos letting you carry over progress seems to be the big new trend, and Square's already done it with the DQ11S demo and Builders 2.

They also did it with Octopath Traveler.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The one thing that makes me nervous is that Square-Enix is not making a big thing out of this demo. I wonder if they are going to quietly release it on PSN, or if it's not meant to be out for a few more months now. Maybe closer to the release of the full game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I said come in! posted:

The one thing that makes me nervous is that Square-Enix is not making a big thing out of this demo. I wonder if they are going to quietly release it on PSN, or if it's not meant to be out for a few more months now. Maybe closer to the release of the full game.

well all this is a leak. they probably meant to make it a surprise