Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I am really loving tired of jumping off my horse to lasso a guy and having my reinforced lasso stay on my horse. Who the gently caress thought this was a good idea? Can I adjust my horse inventory in any way? I will happily throw the regular lasso in the trash because it's useless if you have the reinforced one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Babe Magnet posted:

oh yeah there's still all kinds of that stuff happening, especially with Moonshining. It's better than it used to be but it's not all gone. A couple of us are being plagued with "unable to do whatever while content starts" messages that completely lock down our posses until we switch sessions.

I've been having my moonshine shack totally empty until I restart the game, which is super annoying.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Kaddish posted:

I've been having my moonshine shack totally empty until I restart the game, which is super annoying.

I had this happen earlier. What I did was I ran out of the shack's cell, the point being when your radar zooms back out, and ran around for a few seconds then back to the shack. NPCs were back.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Elendil004 posted:

I am really loving tired of jumping off my horse to lasso a guy and having my reinforced lasso stay on my horse. Who the gently caress thought this was a good idea? Can I adjust my horse inventory in any way? I will happily throw the regular lasso in the trash because it's useless if you have the reinforced one.

you can adjust it to remove weapons you're not using (via the weapon locker upgrade you get a little down the Trader path) but the lasso doesn't count as a weapon so you can't get rid of it lol

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
is there a good list of collectibles, hints, treasure maps, missable quests, etc anywhere online? I've googled around a bit but it's tough unless you know what you're looking for given the size of the game, and even more so because most gaming sites with RDR2 information are concentrated loving cancer with autoplaying videos, slideshows, wanting me to turn off my adblock and so n

Orv
May 4, 2011
https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/ has just about everything, nothing is really miss-able in the more traditional RPG lockout sense in Online, stuff just does or doesn't show up when you go near potential event locations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
For single-player stuff I've been using rdr2map.com which is pretty great. I will say though - hide the Graves category, as it will helpfully highlight the graves of your fallen comrades from Story mode. Obviously there's fairly major spoilers there.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I looked over that map and holy crap are there way more Easter eggs than I thought in single player.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The literal first thing i found when i got the camera was the dude who married and banged a sheep to death lol

of course i took it as my first picture too

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

webmeister posted:

For single-player stuff I've been using rdr2map.com which is pretty great. I will say though - hide the Graves category, as it will helpfully highlight the graves of your fallen comrades from Story mode. Obviously there's fairly major spoilers there.

Orv posted:

https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/ has just about everything, nothing is really miss-able in the more traditional RPG lockout sense in Online, stuff just does or doesn't show up when you go near potential event locations.

thanks friends, exactly what I was looking for.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
this rear end in a top hat needed 100 GALLONS OF MOONSHINE to do that????

fuuuuck you and those lovely cigars i took

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yes yes ill take these dead bodies a- OH poo poo IS THAT A CIGARETTE CARD

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Just started playing this yesterday for the first time, on PC. Something happened while I was riding and I got flung through the air on my horse, to my death. Kind of surprising, and pretty amusing. I had shadowplay running, so I at least got a clip of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds7VrjrH85I&t=572s

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Kieran :(

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I am literally in love with Sadie

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

but for real gently caress you game

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Filthy Monkey posted:

Just started playing this yesterday for the first time, on PC. Something happened while I was riding and I got flung through the air on my horse, to my death. Kind of surprising, and pretty amusing. I had shadowplay running, so I at least got a clip of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds7VrjrH85I&t=572s

Ahahahaha. Never seen that happen but I'm suspecting it was just an over reaction from your horse hitting the edge there and losing its footing. It was intending to fall over but it just... launched you both.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

That part gutted me. Especially when he finally starts to feel at home.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Vichan posted:

That part gutted me. Especially when he finally starts to feel at home.

I am upset. I just went fishing with the boy and we saw a naked mans dangus together :(

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Everything is Dutch's fault.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

verbal enema posted:

I am upset. I just went fishing with the boy and we saw a naked mans dangus together :(

I just saw Uncle as Steve Brule and now I can't unsee it

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Always complaining about his lumbringle

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I started online and whoa, I am poor. And everything costs way more, can't even afford a bolt action rifle so getting perfect carcasses to sell ain't easy... What's the quickest way to earn around 100$? I need to get varmint rifle and a normal rifle for hunting deer and boar asap!

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

i am harry posted:

Everything is Dutch's fault.

100% agree, I hated him so god drat much and then the very last cutscene happened and I got more mad that he should have known better all along

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

TorakFade posted:

I started online and whoa, I am poor. And everything costs way more, can't even afford a bolt action rifle so getting perfect carcasses to sell ain't easy... What's the quickest way to earn around 100$? I need to get varmint rifle and a normal rifle for hunting deer and boar asap!
Do some of the story missions to build up cash. And don’t forget to do at least one daily task to get that streak going.

Remember you can lasso deer/pronghorn and get a clean knife kill before you get a rifle. Or get a bow first because it will do that job for hunting and it will one-shot NPCs with head/chest hits.

Like the only time I have my rifle out is if I’m in cougar territory. The bow is just so good.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't think the bow is available till you are level 14 but those come pretty quick anyway.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Epilogue question: Can i get back the money that Arthur had eventually? I had some HARD EARNED 3k westernbux on him, somehow Marston teleported his guns to him, but not the bux. I was thinking about trying to go to where he fell next time i play, but i'm not super hopeful cause all i know it's on a hill somewhere north west of the last camp.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

There's a funny thing that Rockstar is doing re: ~*ludonarrativity*~ with both Arthur and (if they're going in cold [no pun] and taking the bait) the player admiring Dutch for his big talk, and then Arthur progressively realizing alongside the player that he's a cult leader with extremely bad judgment who is going to bring ruin to everyone who trusts in him

Anyway, video games

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I don't think the bow is available till you are level 14 but those come pretty quick anyway.
Whoops I think you’re right. I remember one of the early story missions saying to equip your bow if you had one and thought I didn’t have it because I spent all my early money on a rifle and clothes instead.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Dongattack posted:

Epilogue question: Can i get back the money that Arthur had eventually? I had some HARD EARNED 3k westernbux on him, somehow Marston teleported his guns to him, but not the bux. I was thinking about trying to go to where he fell next time i play, but i'm not super hopeful cause all i know it's on a hill somewhere north west of the last camp.

Finish the missions 😳

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

TorakFade posted:

Join large trader deliveries too. If you're playing on PC, come join us on Discord for such opportunities: https://discord.gg/gvtTTnw

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
RDO has been totally broken for me on ps4 for the last week. I can only join in on free roam but even that might land me in the load screen 90% spin zone.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
How the gently caress does fishing work? I can't do that mission with the one-legged vet and I spent a good twenty minutes or so of slowly reeling the pike in only for the line to snap.

I've tried with both the kb/m and Xbox controller and get pretty much the same results from following the on-screen prompts.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

How the gently caress does fishing work? I can't do that mission with the one-legged vet and I spent a good twenty minutes or so of slowly reeling the pike in only for the line to snap.

I've tried with both the kb/m and Xbox controller and get pretty much the same results from following the on-screen prompts.

When the fish is fighting, stop reeling and pull your pole the opposite direction to help wear it out. Lower your pole as you begin reeling (hit/hold R on KBM to reel faster, F to reel slower) and flick it up to pull your fish in a little faster and keep reeling, doing the pole flick to yank it in faster. That Pike is a pain in the rear end to reel in, especially because it will often pull out your line while it's fighting, making you lose all that progress you gained reeling it in. Hold Shift and your Spacebar down to stop the fish from pulling out the line. This can cause it to snap too but you just gotta be mindful not to be holding it down the whole time. You just don't want it to pull out as much line.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
If you're using a controller, under the Accessibility Options there's a setting to change the ridiculous "rotate the right stick" mechanic to "hold down X" which is infinitely better. A little less immersive, sure, but I'm not going to get loving hand cramps trying to reel in a legendary fish.

And yeah as you're reeling it in (while it's not fighting you), push the left stick forward and then pull back. Arthur should angle the fishing rod up above his head, and it'll bring the fish in 10x quicker. And final tip - don't cast out too far! A lot of fishing minigames require you to cast as far as possible for best results. RDR2 isn't one of them, and casting as far as possible just wastes your time.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

I found the best spots to fish are on small cliffs, high boulders, or steep banks where you can still cast while being well above the water line. With more height, you can yank the fish into the air before it gets a second opportunity to thrash around.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

PS4 online is frequently a barren landscape of any land critters outside of the occasional bird flocks.
And bouncing to another server via free roam ends up in a load loop.

The camp glitch was fixed for like 3 days and now it's back to camping up in Ambarino since very few people want to set up in the tundra and it's the only place you might have success at doing so.
And even that isn't automatic.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

webmeister posted:

If you're using a controller, under the Accessibility Options there's a setting to change the ridiculous "rotate the right stick" mechanic to "hold down X" which is infinitely better. A little less immersive, sure, but I'm not going to get loving hand cramps trying to reel in a legendary fish.
I’ve been holding the controller sideways, putting my palm on the right joystick and swirling it around in circles like I’m playing with a boob for the first time in my life. Thanks for the tip!

Dick Jones posted:

I found the best spots to fish are on small cliffs, high boulders, or steep banks where you can still cast while being well above the water line. With more height, you can yank the fish into the air before it gets a second opportunity to thrash around.
I hooked a fish while standing about 200ft above a river on a cliff edge and reeled it slowly up through the air

i am harry fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 2, 2020

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Between GTA V and RDR 2 I am convinced that someone high up at Rockstar has a major human cannibalism fetish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Question for after the credits roll: Are there any more main mission style quests, maybe hidden or something? I was 110% sure that the game would eventually end with the agents tracking you down and putting you on the train to kill the old gang in RDR1. But i went to Armadillo and the state of the place leads me to believe that's maybe a few years away still.
Can't believe almost the entire RDR1 map is down there dude, wish Rockstar would make some single player DLC for it, but no money in that i guess.

All in all really good game, but RDR1 was miles better. Wish this one had came out back in the day and RDR1 was what we got now cause i had no idea who the gang were in RDR1 and that whole plotline fell flat on me, where as if i had played this one it would have been really impactful.

One thing frustrated me tho to no end to the point where i wanted to just uninstall it at several points: how railroady the missions are. Rockstar missions have always been railroady, but i can't even loving control my character for large swaths of this one, just hold W and make game happen. One time i couldn't even control my horse in a railroady "make game happen" segement and it went face first into a tree. I would have uninstalled there and then i was so sick of it, but not 2 seconds later it happened to Charles too mid sentence and i had to walk away from the computer i was laughing so hard."OOF" *horse whinnies* *rolls around on ground* "SO, AS I WAS SAYIN"