Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

tier list but it consists of mima as the phantasm tier and the SA characters as A tier and that's it

EDIT: maybe make another list where it's just the aki sisters in the potato tier

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Clarste posted:

I, for one, am sick of alphes. No more alphes-likes, please.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I already do the yearly sorter, and that already automates the process a bit. No way I’m gonna manually do a tier list tyvm

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I declare that the new fad shall be copying Harukawa Moe's style.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Harukawa’s art is too good to be as easily copied. So I don’t see it happening.

Anyway, I didn’t see John or a single Yakuza in any of the lists posted so I’m very disappointed in everyone. :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I was saying in Discord that Seija can only be bottom tier. It's not right for her to be anywhere else.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Clarste posted:

I, for one, am sick of alphes. No more alphes-likes, please.

Clarste posted:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

It would take too long to do all of them since the tier list really includes EVERYONE. so here are the essential touhous. Only the ones you gotta know about. All killer, no filler.

I like Rinnosuke a lot but I can't imagine having the guy in S tier. But hell, guess I should read the last few years' CoLA chapters.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

I think Baba and Ayano have style that's pretty close to Harukawa's but those are the only two I've seen who get close.

Also FMW has a very dear place in my heart, I do hope they manage to get it translated.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I remember this thread calling me a terrible person for showing approval when Alphes got the boot from Tasofro.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J65lwmw0NbM

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I attempted all of them

A futile endeavour because between the artstyle and my unfamiliarity with a lot of PC98 characters there were just a bunch that I just could not tell who the hell they were. There's, like, 6 maids! who are all these drat maids!! There's a couplke girls just seem like normal girls? Any of these could be OCs snuck in here and I'd never know! I think Marisa might be in there like 4 times. Also at some point i had to keep scrolling up & down so a few might've landed in a lower tier than usual just because i lost track.

the Akis & Elly are where they are because of FMW though in retrospect maybe i could have put the akis in the really good tier....

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Hmm I don’t see the cool fortune teller murder victim on this list, not sure who should go in the top tier then

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Clarste posted:

Yeah, this.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

To be honest, we've reached the point where ZUN-art is a marked improvement over alphes-likes.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Alphes' art in HM was iffy but everything from the earlier fighting games which all of the imitations seem to be based on were perfectly fine.

Of course, I don't get why there has to be Alphes-style variations on everything in the first place so moot point.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Who's up for a musical treasure hunt, based on vague clues I can barely half-remember about a song I've forgotten the name of? I'm looking for an arrange of Doll Judgement which, despite being a dance track, was kind of on the slow side with a lot of piano. I suppose it might be called romantic, I suppose? It was certainly no oontz-oontz-oontz techno track, to be sure.

And yes, I know this just barely above the level of "I was looking for a book, it had a blue cover", but this has been kind of nagging at the corner of my mind for a week now, and I thought I might as well try my hand here.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

You know Ran is great and all but Touhou could really use a lot more fox girls

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
There's at least one more in the print series.

Also, affirmative action requires one Tanuki represented for each fox in the series.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Squiddycat posted:

You know Ran is great and all but Touhou could really use a lot more fox girls

Relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsL7btr89Q0

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Junko is kinda fox-adjacent

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Is Ran even the fox or is Ran the spirit Yukari has possessing the fox?

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Schwarzwald posted:

Is Ran even the fox or is Ran the spirit Yukari has possessing the fox?

The later, but the fox never surfaces, so there's not really much of a distinction. Unlike Chen, for whom the cat still surfaces whenever she gets dunked in water or whatever.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

WarpedNaba posted:

There's at least one more in the print series.

Also, affirmative action requires one Tanuki represented for each fox in the series.

There's actually like a whole tribe of fox people in WaHH and FS, which I think is what you're referring to.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Reimu is turned into a fox by one of Mamizou's spell cards in the fighting games so she is kinda fox adjacent if you think about it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean she was a given but hooray kosuzu in that human gensokyo thing

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
coolsuzu

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Thanks for recommending Human Gensokyo, I'm really into it so far. The particular kind of subject matter it's dealing in has always rattled me, and that's not something I usually associate with touhou. Also I'm glad Kosuzu is in it.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Ever wanted to play Puzzle Bobble with Touhou characters? Taito has you covered this Februrary.

https://www.taito.co.jp/touhouSB

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Reimu in smash confirmed

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

I've heard it mentioned a couple times here and in the AGDQ thread, but can someone explain to me how and why Touhou became associated with the alt right?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A lot of Touhou's presence on the web is memes and the alt-right loving love memes. I think that's it.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

lightrook posted:

I've heard it mentioned a couple times here and in the AGDQ thread, but can someone explain to me how and why Touhou became associated with the alt right?

This is the first I'm hearing of it, though I also don't hang out in the same places as the Alt-Right.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

A lot of Touhou's presence on the web is memes and the alt-right loving love memes. I think that's it.
So does everyone else, though?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think someone shopped a MAGA hat onto Momiji once. That's about it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Wait, why the gently caress were people talking about Touhou being alt-right in the AGDQ thread? Honestly that sounds like it's probably a more involved story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's not much of a story if it's what i'm thinking about. There was a bullet hell run at GDQ and the runner was an alt-right guy and someone in the SA thread posted about how bullet hell fans are alt-right because of Touhou. And nobody bothered to reply.