Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

fool of sound posted:

I can't believe I'm still reading this thread

Edit: Actual :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I think I first started posting in these for the 2012 election, gently caress

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Alhazred posted:

No, just an old strip I haven't posted before.

:(

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

zelda is back!?

Alhazred posted:

No, just an old strip I haven't posted before.

e: ah gently caress

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Another year of this dumpster fire.
2019 is dead, long live 2020

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

loquacius posted:

getting my inaugural post ITT in now while page 1 is still available

Whew that was close!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

this is an edit, right

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Panty Saluter posted:

this is an edit, right

No, Stantis is a goon and is in on the joke.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jurgan posted:

No, Stantis is a goon and is in on the joke.

it's a joke?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

itskage posted:

Whew that was close!

:ocelot:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

loquacius posted:

getting my inaugural post ITT in now while page 1 is still available

Dammit, I missed page 1! :argh:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Panty Saluter posted:

it's a joke?

Yes, he has been playing the long game, seeing how long he can keep an utterly mediocre knock-off running based on nothing but a promise to ideologically balance Doonesbury.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I love when conservative cartoonists just draw the person representing their own opinion as literally Uncle Sam. It's pretty common for them to use an American "everyman" to represent whatever they think, because a dipshit rejoinder carries more weight in their mind when it's spilling out someone else's mouth (even if that person is fictional; see Stantis). But to go one step further and make their dipshit opinion the obvious correct choice of the embodiment of America Itself is just that glorious layer of bald-faced shamelessness I've come to know and love.
50% of Americans not only support the impeachment but actually want Trump removed from office.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

New thread, time to check if David Dees is still off meds and on photoshop. He had been inactive for a while it seems but his site has changed, still no way to tell if anything is new and nothing is in order so have some things that are a best guess that they weren't posted before.

He has a new volume of his art collections coming out (it doesnt say when) with a very Dees cover.

I don't even know what this means or even if it is from 2019.

No chemtrails, no star of david, low res pic, he must not be feeling well.

Also he made this at one point, which is probably old but a new conspiracy to me.
:nws: :nws:

Also since I didn't have time to keep up with the old thread for a few months I just want to also say "gently caress you Ted Rall". I'm sure he deserved it for something in that time.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
In the nsfw tag: Dees' photoshopped Dick pic

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

CampingCarl posted:

Also he made this at one point, which is probably old but a new conspiracy to me.

idk what this is supposed to be about, but hey, at least he put Derek Smalls in there, so Dees earns an actual honest-to-god smirk from me

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

i don't even know if there's anything to be gained from Dees. The man is literally mentally ill and, while he does espouse similar Nazi poo poo as other cartoonists, it's hard to really put it under the microscope like Stonetoss or other poo poo that's trying to penetrate the mainstream with their 1488 dogwhistles. Dees cartoons are just nightmarish poo poo that make it very clear from the start that he's a foil hat type.

Yeah, every so often he makes a :black101: cartoon and we lament his missed calling as a metal album artist, but otherwise it's just gross photoshops from a deranged anti-Semite.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pants Donkey posted:

i don't even know if there's anything to be gained from Dees. The man is literally mentally ill and, while he does espouse similar Nazi poo poo as other cartoonists, it's hard to really put it under the microscope like Stonetoss or other poo poo that's trying to penetrate the mainstream with their 1488 dogwhistles. Dees cartoons are just nightmarish poo poo that make it very clear from the start that he's a foil hat type.

Yeah, every so often he makes a :black101: cartoon and we lament his missed calling as a metal album artist, but otherwise it's just gross photoshops from a deranged anti-Semite.

For those who don't know just how insane Dees is, I'll mention that he literally fled a country because he thought the Mossad had moved his shoes to send him a message.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

They're here! (56k warning!)

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Welcome 2020, this is what the future actually is.

Leak, Son of Leak (1):

Leak, Son of Leak (2):

Rall: In Some Weird Countries, Elections Depend Entirely on Religious Fanatics

Ted Rall posted:

There is a Civil War between Christian evangelists in the United States over whether or not to support Donald Trump. Some Christians point to his moral degeneracy. Others say that God often works with flawed people. I just wonder, why do we have to care about what these crazy people think?

Tags: afghanistan, Atheism, Bible, Christian evangelist, Christian post, Christianity today, elections, impeachment, Islam, Koran, Religion, religious fanaticism, sanity, warring factions, word of God

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: In Some Weird Countries, Elections Depend Entirely on Religious Fanatics

This is possibly the most confused Rall I have ever seen in my life and if you didn’t read the associated text you’d assume it means the opposite of what it’s intended to mean. :psyduck:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak (1):

Leak, Son of Leak (2):

If global warming, why are the mountains on fire? :smuggo:

:psyduck:

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 1, 2020

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

People looking too deep for meaning in his stuff is obviously a mistake. It is a little disturbing that he really isn't that far from what some other cartoonists (Garrison comes to mind, a 'comic' formerly posted whose name I wont speak in this thread is another) or some of the public really think. On his old site he had a gallery of many covers he did for other people's books, from home medicine to financial advice, all with the same angle you would expect from Dees. He is the unfortunate victim of poor mental health care and a landscape that gives 'Sandy Hook was crisis actors' a stage. In what I have read about him he actually seems like a decent person and freely admits he is just loving around in photoshop which puts him way above the bulk of cartoonists posted. Hopefully someday he can get some help and go back to Sesame Street, or maybe The Onion.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

For those who don't know just how insane Dees is, I'll mention that he literally fled a country because he thought the Mossad had moved his shoes to send him a message.
To expand for anyone new to the thread/Dees: He likely does legit have some sort of mental health issue he refuses to get treatment for because thats how they get you. He essentially believes all conspiracy theories simultaneously, even the ones that contradict the other ones. He went from illustrator for Sesame Street books for kids to art showing the Rothchilds giving kids ebola via Cell towers. He was deep state/illuminati/zionists controlling everything before it was cool, and they do it with chemtrails, GMOs, flouride, and the UN somehow.

I hope this goes in a gallery of edits.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I missed the first page but all readers need to know about the glory that is Stephen Collins, a truly great cartoonist who offers sweet, beautiful relief with his wonderful comics. He does lots of wonderful politician toons but also mixes it up with other themes as well.

I love him a lot.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Jurgan posted:

Yes, he has been playing the long game, seeing how long he can keep an utterly mediocre knock-off running based on nothing but a promise to ideologically balance Doonesbury.

Till the final death of newspapers. Hell, Tinsley was in reruns for months, and I don't think anyone even noticed.

Jerusalem posted:

I missed the first page but all readers need to know about the glory that is Stephen Collins, a truly great cartoonist who offers sweet, beautiful relief with his wonderful comics. He does lots of wonderful politician toons but also mixes it up with other themes as well.

I love him a lot.

Stephen Collins is definitionally my favorite of anyone regularly posted here. His work is just so delightful.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Stallie, Garrison, and Eli Valley now have entries in the directory; please fact-check me (and spell-check, I'm tired) and let me know if we're missing anyone who should be there!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I feel like it's trying to say there's some connection between religion and line graphs, but that's probably just because my brain is broken by political cartoons in 2020 too.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

The vertical axis is labelled "Gary McCoy".

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

"Anti-religion violence." So if I understand it correctly, he's trying to conflate church shootings with anti-Muslim and anti-Jewish violence and claim to be the victim of all of them, even though the perpetrators of the latter are often Christians with the same ideology as McCoy. Gotta have the persecution complex, can't live without it.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Surprised by McCoy's support of ISIS

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

For Branco, that's an astonishingly good Pelosi.

He clearly spent so much effort making the face passable that he had to completely shart out the fingers holding the bottle.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

E: Firing a gun bars you from heaven, AGC

Somfin fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 2, 2020

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Pants Donkey posted:

The Senate is corrupt and we can naught but drink our woes away.

I have looked at way too many political cartoons today, but I am desperate to know how many conservative hacks have landed on the "0 Proof" alcohol joke.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

CampingCarl posted:

Oh hey, I played this video game. Really good.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

D.N. Nation posted:

I think I first started posting in these for the 2012 election, gently caress

I lurked 2009 😨

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Besesoth posted:

(Who else should go here?)

Branco deserves a mention, both for winning the worst political cartoonist tournament we had and for being the living incarnation of willful ignorance and hatred. He's like if a scowling racist uncle who just got told to shut the gently caress up at christmas dinner was asked to draw cartoons.