Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
When's the standalone Chronobind release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

EHh badda-bing you goiyz go get da diamonds from da big rear end boid

ey buddha fahk yew

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Saint Freak posted:

Once upon a time there was a God who made a God who made some Other Gods who made some humans and animals and also some more loving Gods.

Every step of the process was regrettable for everyone involved.

Hell yeah Gnosticism rocks.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I think one of the cooler things that makes me really want to play FFXV is the added patch to let you play as any of the four bros and not just Noctis.

But at the same time the game is clearly built for you to play as Noctis, right? Because it's like...I wanna compare it to modern Persona sorta in that you/Noct are the jack of all trades. Some enemies in FFXV don't get hurt much against Big Sword so playing as Gladio be weird just like if you were playing as Chie and trying to attack an enemy with Phys repel/absorb/null.

Still, I'm glad they patched that into the game. At least I hope they did. I think the Windows Edition automatically includes everything except Episode Ardyn? I did buy that, too.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

NikkolasKing posted:

I think one of the cooler things that makes me really want to play FFXV is the added patch to let you play as any of the four bros and not just Noctis.

But at the same time the game is clearly built for you to play as Noctis, right? Because it's like...I wanna compare it to modern Persona sorta in that you/Noct are the jack of all trades. Some enemies in FFXV don't get hurt much against Big Sword so playing as Gladio be weird just like if you were playing as Chie and trying to attack an enemy with Phys repel/absorb/null.

Still, I'm glad they patched that into the game. At least I hope they did. I think the Windows Edition automatically includes everything except Episode Ardyn? I did buy that, too.

It does, but I do find it a bit annoying how you have to manually swap to one of the bros at the start of each fight, then have to go through the animation of swapping back when the fight ends. Every single time.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The game balance gets bit wonky when lv 1 Gladio wipes the floor with lv 30 Iron Giants but who cares its cool.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

There's game balance in FF15?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

So many folks talking about leaks and nobody's postin'

edit: they did, in another thread.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 1, 2020

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
So I played FFXV for like six hours following the main storyline. The characters actually did rule, the voice acting was fine, the game is pretty as all hell, and the combat was actually not awful for a jrpg, but holy poo poo the pacing and plot direction was so off the loving rails.

At all times after the resort part, I felt like it was either moving too fast for me to keep up or I had missed a lot of setup and info about characters it was suddenly introducing

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Pyrus Malus posted:

So I played FFXV for like six hours following the main storyline. The characters actually did rule, the voice acting was fine, the game is pretty as all hell, and the combat was actually not awful for a jrpg, but holy poo poo the pacing and plot direction was so off the loving rails.

At all times after the resort part, I felt like it was either moving too fast for me to keep up or I had missed a lot of setup and info about characters it was suddenly introducing

Yep, that's basically the game. The boys are great, Ardyn is glorious, and it's a shame Aranea's dlc episode got canned, but you can really tell they had to just staple something together to shove out the door after all the development troubles

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

A cool thing about the PC version is you can use Cheat Engine to get all the temporary party members back permanently.

Probably a bit immersion breaking depending on time in the story and character chosen but it's still a neat feature I look forward to using when I play the game.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The first video game I have now bought in this shiny new decade is Final Fantasy VII.

For the fourth time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Someone leaked and datamined ff7, including a preview rough build of female Cloud

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Cloud in a dress here

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CLOUD: The sword stays ON during sex.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Why is Lightning in FF7

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
One of the trailers showed Aeris in her red Wall Market dress, but here it's a more pink one?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Thank God the game will be good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They said they were keeping it from the beginning

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Look I need to see Barrett in the sailor suit okay

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

bentacos posted:

Same but Red XIII

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

kirbysuperstar posted:

Same but Red XIII

I want to see his goofy pose where he's on his hind legs with his forelegs crossed.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

They said they were keeping it from the beginning

I trust nothing about the game until I see it with mine own eyes

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I guess this confirms the sword really doesn't leave his side at all then.

bentacos posted:

You know it will be dashing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hopefully they let me go on a gold saucer date with red xiii

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
No pets allowed on the gondola

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

No pets allowed on the gondola

They let Cloud on.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It's because his sword was tall enough to ride.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They let Cloud on.

yes, but you can't pet him

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Not sexy enough. Game 0/10

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

there's a track in the music leak called "bgm_squat_music" which is a really aggressive dubstep remix of the battle theme

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Hello future phone tone.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It's not a sword, it's a sex toy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They're changing the bombing result so basically instead of Jess messing up the explosion and killing civilians, Shinra sabotaged it to make the boom bigger. Avalanche is labeled as bigger terrorists via false flag operation.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I mentioned this in the FFVIIR thread but I have been thinking more about it and this whole "everyone is sucking air any time they do something" crap is clearly a problem localizations can fix.

FFXIII is notoriously anal about sticking to the Japanese script. So it wasn't just Vanille making moe noises, everybody made the reaction sounds. I remember that very clearly.

BUT this was not the case for XIII-2. I just recently replayed it and there is none of this "move slightly and emote" poo poo. XIII-2 and LR were just as famously liberal with their localization.

And of course this stuff wasn't as exaggerated in older FF games or Xenosaga or other JRPG's I played.

So they could cut out this weird emoting poo poo if they wanted to as far as I can see.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Can we maybe not post unmarked spoilers for a game that isn't out for two months

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The Jenova Lifeform kills Shinra

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Aerith Dies and Reno and Rude are the best characters

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Can we maybe not post unmarked spoilers for a game that isn't out for two months

a: the story of this game has been out for literally over 20 years
b: the change in question happens like 20 minutes after the game starts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

on the topic of changes to the story, though: Jessie has a throwaway line where she references that she's having trouble getting in contact with "command", indicating that 7R's version of AVALANCHE is a lot bigger and Barret is just in charge of one cell, not the whole thing. Not sure quite how I feel about that although it definitely makes a fair bit of sense. I wonder if they'll have Rufus be secretly in charge of AVALANCHE again like they did in Before Crisis.