Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Welcome to the daily drawings and doodles thread!

Are you doing a daily drawing challenge for a month or year? Post here!
Doodle something cool that's not good enough to go anywhere else? Post here!
Don't feel confident enough to call your art "art" yet? Post here!
Sketches, studies, artistic successes and failures, paintings real and digital, incomplete efforts, technique/colour/material tests, poo poo you drew in the margins of your textbook?

:justpost:

No art is too terrible to post. If you want to talk about the art thing you made or ask for advice on your art thing, guess what? You can post here!

Wanna chat with all the cool goon artists on discord? Oh boy have I got a link for you:

https://discord.gg/25e2VpE

Sharpest Crayon fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
First drawing of 2020, another nude study for practice.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

First of the year!

Squirtle.

Bonus ones that I had drawn but not painted (they are not in the list).

e: you got to be kidding me...

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Was I kidding about doing 31 eeveelutions for drawnuary? Let's find out!

First up, squirtleon!

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Here's my first submission for drawnuary! A very weird squirtle.

Also I started a new thread in GBS, a "lets play" of Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. If anyone familiar with the book could come in and help me with the chapter summaries from time to time, it would be greatly appreciated. Also draw along if you have the time.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3908831&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#pti2

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Was I kidding about doing 31 eeveelutions for drawnuary? Let's find out!

First up, squirtleon!

Yes!! I am here for this.

I got impatient and bought a small watercolor palette. Here is my Squirtle on regular sketch book paper

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Okay, I'll play along for one round.

New ink brush pen. I probably should have let it dry for five more minutes before I added the watercolor, but it looks like it'll bleed a little with water no matter what.

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

Here's my first submission for drawnuary! A very weird squirtle.

I had a similar idea at first, but you executed it way better than I would! Great job!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

syntaxrigger posted:

Yes!! I am here for this.

I got impatient and bought a small watercolor palette. Here is my Squirtle on regular sketch book paper

Nice work, but wrt the art supplies it should be there already as Johnny got his and that was send later.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I made this character. He's a dick because he's homemade and not like those packaged cookies.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Day one and two.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

First pics of the new year!

Drawn straight after midnight

While everything was chill

But then I ate a strange cake

And maybe some other stuff too.

I can still actually tell what the last pic was - the world's most interesting sweet wrapper. I figured I was really enjoying drawing, so why worry about what I was drawing, right? I was totally lost in blind contour drawing, and drawing everything with equal importance, every tiny change in value as important as the outline. I was deeply convinced it was loving amazing. Part of me still is.

lofi fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 2, 2020

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
If you love prompts, Inktober is starting an all-year once-a-week prompt thing. First is on their Instagram, don't know if it's up anywhere else

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

lofi posted:

And maybe some other stuff too.

I can still actually tell what the last pic was - the world's most interesting sweet wrapper. I figured I was really enjoying drawing, so why worry about what I was drawing, right? I was totally lost in blind contour drawing, and drawing everything with equal importance, every tiny change in value as important as the outline. I was deeply convinced it was loving amazing. Part of me still is.

Hell yeah! https://www.boredpanda.com/drawings-under-influence-oscar-janiger/

dupersaurus posted:

If you love prompts, Inktober is starting an all-year once-a-week prompt thing. First is on their Instagram, don't know if it's up anywhere else

I hate prompts but they work well for me.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure the guy that started Inktober has copywritten the phrase, and has started suing artists that are selling their works that they created for Inktober for some sort of copywright infringement.

I already went through a stripped the hashtag from the pieces I made, and I won't be contributing to that bullshit. gently caress that guy.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Franchescanado posted:

I'm pretty sure the guy that started Inktober has copywritten the phrase, and has started suing artists that are selling their works that they created for Inktober for some sort of copywright infringement.

I already went through a stripped the hashtag from the pieces I made, and I won't be contributing to that bullshit. gently caress that guy.

He said he’s fine with people selling their inktober work, he’s suing assholes abusing inktober’s image

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6Tx82_gCiQ/

tldr don’t use the official logo, don’t make it look like you’re endorsed by him

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

good dogge

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Franchescanado posted:

It seemed he was not clear enough to his lawyers who, as we all know, are paid by the hour so they ran with it.

In good news, I made it to day 2 and drew a bunch of kiwi's

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Keetron posted:

It seemed he was not clear enough to his lawyers who, as we all know, are paid by the hour so they ran with it.

In good news, I made it to day 2 and drew a bunch of kiwi's

Nice kiwis

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I was totally thinking of those! "Participant climbed into the activity box".

That's clearly a dragon. Yours. Mine was a sleepy person.

lofi fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 2, 2020

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Finally convinced myself to draw.

Came out alright, though!

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Keewee!

Keetron posted:

First of the year!

e: you got to be kidding me...

At first I thought you meant how the panchamp pattern looks like a rude double-dick, but now I think maybe you spotted the Issue with the list. If you haven't spotted it yet, wanna figure out another pokemon for number 9 or 17?

smallmouth posted:

I made this character. He's a dick because he's homemade and not like those packaged cookies.

How dare you besmirch the good name of homemade cookies by putting raisins in! That's a cookie crime. You're gonna do hard time.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Keewee!

At first I thought you meant how the panchamp pattern looks like a rude double-dick, but now I think maybe you spotted the Issue with the list. If you haven't spotted it yet, wanna figure out another pokemon for number 9 or 17?
Nice keewee.
I meant that I was really hyped with getting the first reply to the thread only to be beaten by a few seconds while I was downstairs to do some stupid choir my wife made me do, I think it was feeding the kids or something.
But yeah, eh, another pokemon, gee, ehm (quickly, internet, give me a random pokemon!): Relicanth

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Wow, that Keewee is adorable!

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Keetron posted:

Nice work, but wrt the art supplies it should be there already as Johnny got his and that was send later.

Sent you a pm. I got nothing. It maybe it is just taking longer? Or I got jacked? /Shrug

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i had to google kiwis because i couldn't remember how they look on the inside

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
please try to eat a kiwi soon

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I haven't gotten mine either. it was just Christmas so I assume things are pretty wild even for domestic shipping.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Figured I should start drawing again and man do I feel rusty.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I have never drawn this stubby weird bird before.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

The saddest skeleton! :(

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Happy new year!

Sharpest Crayon posted:

This year we're doing Drawnuary! Like Inktober, but in january and more drawing, less inking! The idea is: you draw once a day, for the full month. Easy, right?
If you want a prompt list, here's one courtesy of Keetron:

This is good because I'm just as bad at thinking of things I want to draw as I am at actually drawing them.

I don't have any idea how to use these brush markers I bought, but they seem fun to play with.

Also I guess there are weekly Inktober prompts now?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Medenmath posted:

Happy new year!
I don't have any idea how to use these brush markers I bought, but they seem fun to play with.
You'll want to use them on glossy paper, or at least not super-absorbant paper or the paper will absorb too much ink. I like your Kiwi textures.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
cave spider

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Al! posted:

cave spider

I know I've said this before, but the light is too cold, also if you look at campfires they don't shed a lot of ambient light at all.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I should probably get back to daily drawings, especially with Keetron's sweet prompt list.

In the meantime, here's a few erase board doodles from the past month or two done when I should have been working:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Al! posted:

cave spider

Angrymog posted:

I know I've said this before, but the light is too cold, also if you look at campfires they don't shed a lot of ambient light at all.

I also noticed that the dark areas looked too blue/cold. Hope this isn't rude, I spent a couple minutes playing with color temp and shadows/highlights in gimp. Might have ended up too dark though.

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
Another small detail I noticed is that the eyes of the spider should probably have a specular highlight as well from the fire.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Day three!

I am pretty ok with the effort to result ratio on this one.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

lemonses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Keetron posted:

Day three!

I am pretty ok with the effort to result ratio on this one.

That looks great as do your kiwis.

Just got your art supply box and if I have time I'll make something tonight with these sweet rear end markers. Really digging this eraser too.

Thanks so much!