Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Joust posted:

What's with the dandruff guy hiding under the black hotdogs?

Dandruff Guy - Hiding Under the Black Hotdogs is my favorite album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

luchajones posted:

I know most of you probably already follow Jenny's Twitter. Did she say anything on why she is private?

No idea, it was very sudden. She’s had issues with stalkers/dangerous folks in the past, so it could be that. (She talked about how some stalker had discovered a MLP forums account she made when she was a teenager and had used that to dig up information on her life.) Alternately, she made some posts recently about behind-the-scenes stuff when she worked at Disney, so they might be trying to hit her with NDA stuff.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's probably just that twitter is unpleasant and that everyone can benefit from being away from the internet at large for a while.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Obvs I'm on Jenny's followback list because I'm north america's second largest investor into porg futures

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

PostNouveau posted:

Star Wars EU to the rescue

Ugh, another wightwashed character.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/Dataracer117/status/1212221597559345153

disney is regretting picking up star wars so much right now

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Good. Good. Now unleash your anger and strike down Disney where it stands!

No really, there's no ploy here. Just do it.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Ugh, another wightwashed character.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

watched all of the harley quinn episodes and i have no idea why it's as good as it is or why its characters are as likeable as they are

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Whorelord posted:

watched all of the harley quinn episodes and i have no idea why it's as good as it is or why its characters are as likeable as they are

Probably just Quinncidence

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

Luke making the Fry's face from the Not Sure If Serious meme

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

please watch other movies y'all

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Firebert posted:

please watch other movies y'all

gently caress movies.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

ashpanash posted:

gently caress movies.

i love gently caress movies!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol there's a loving insane blind item on Reddit claiming that Disney deliberately hosed up the editing of TROS to make JJ look bad so that Warner Brothers/D.C. wouldn't pick him up to revive the D.C. movie franchises, because Disney sees that as the biggest threat to their actual cash cow: the MCU.

https://old.reddit.com/r/saltierthancrait/comments/eisnd8/heres_what_ive_been_told_from_a_source_that/

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i hope mike's new years resolution is to do a re:view of star trek tng season 1 to finally kick off that series

i know deep in his heart he wants it and it'd be fun

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
In the original JJ cut they used more previously unseen footage of Leia.

*Leia somberly looks at other rebels*

I think we all need Ahkoh Fibrake, guys.

*Hobbit from Lost springs to action*

General Fibrake can provide us with plans of Palpatine's star destroyers, so we can figure out their weakness. Good thinking, General Organa! You've really, uh, done something to our spirits. Erm, you know what I mean, the word escapes me...

*Leia passionatly throws a coffee cup at someone, briefly T-poses*

raise

*Inspirational Star Wars music plays as everyone cheers*

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Paladinus posted:

*Leia passionatly throws a coffee cup at someone, briefly T-poses*

lol. nice

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

i actually thought the star warriors would leave jenny alone this time lol, her RoS video might be the best like ratio on any of her star wars poo poo & her opinion is in the vast majority for once.

PostNouveau posted:

i've never seen them directly overrule the movies to make something shittier before, that takes balls.

Whorelord posted:

it's what i wanted from suicide squad.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He's killed billions of people, you can't let him walk free a good guy now cause he helped in the end

LabyaMynora posted:

He was always going to die. Can't kill billions of people and then go be redeemed at the end and live. The redemption of someone like that will always involve them sacrificing their life, otherwise the narrative implications are just bonkers.
an ending where he sets out on a Jedi path for atonement he can never achieve would be p sweet, honestly. you can have Rey sacrifice herself for him or something to make him living more palatable to the audience (& an in universe reason for her friends to not kill him). or go full reylo and have her say 'gently caress what the galaxy/audience thinks, i'm redeeming ben.'

someone in one of these bad Star War threads made a good point about how the whole 'you don't deserve to be a force ghost/redeemed' thing is a very american/christian way of looking at it & contrary to how the force is presented.

otoh yeah, good luck getting that across to the focus groups lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PostNouveau posted:

lol there's a loving insane blind item on Reddit claiming that Disney deliberately hosed up the editing of TROS to make JJ look bad so that Warner Brothers/D.C. wouldn't pick him up to revive the D.C. movie franchises, because Disney sees that as the biggest threat to their actual cash cow: the MCU.

https://old.reddit.com/r/saltierthancrait/comments/eisnd8/heres_what_ive_been_told_from_a_source_that/

that's stupid. nothing would be more crippling to a yet another DC reboot than giving it to JJ

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8Wi5JkaKs

heres 20 mins of a guy rooting thru a star wars toy graveyard at a k-mart orsomething

oh and hes doing other disney toys now too. i think this might be jennys boyfriend

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CJacobs posted:

The internet has been a physical space for decades my friend, there is no "step back from it and go into the real world where none of it matters", it's part of the real world

maybe but some of the self-radicalizing dark rabbit holes of internet insanity absolutely deserve to be called out and mocked as such

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The funniest thing in the blind item is Disney thinking that Babu Frick would be the new Jar Jar so they wanted to cut him out completely.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DC does not have need of a reboot regardless. Joker and Aquaman both made a billion, Shazam was well received, production is scheduled for several films, Wonder Woman will almost certainly be a hit as will the Guardians of the Suicide movie. Birds of Prey will probably make a ton of money but not be liked by critics.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I've been that linked subreddit. One of the mods (if she's still there...) of saltierthancrait is a transwoman who posts in leftist gender subforums, like IDK 10% of the people who post are similar. Reddit is especially bad for trying to talk about if a Disney movie is good or bad and the main starwars subreddit bans you if you try to criticize TLJ.

and honestly comparing the sub to fuckepic, the mods of saltierthancrait are doing their best and it's better than most of the mock subreddits.

Unfortunately like a much larger and louder percent are worshipful acolytes of thequartering, mauler, the like. Mentioning feminism or other leftist themes and whether the movies do right or wrong by them is a bad idea because you will not be able to get past 101 ideas with the dumbest and angriest members. The mods had to essentially ban "politics" because they cannot essentially ban these lovely youtubers who will never shut the gently caress up and never stop making GBS threads themselves and playing in their own poo poo.

There's a similar thing going on if you look at consumeproduct (making fun of corp defenders, very right wing), consoom (attempt at leftist version, still sees transpeople and minorities as the enemy because there's some bad ones on twitter), idk. Reddit's just trash in general.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Interesting how DC films are well received when Zack Snyder isn't involved :thunk:

I actually rewatched Batman Begins there yesterday, hadn't seen it in ages. It's so good, potentially Nolan's best film. The last act is a bit weak (feels more like a budget thing, Gotham looks pretty "studio backlot") but everything else is so good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Reddit's just trash in general.

You could have just said this

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Interesting how DC films are well received when Zack Snyder isn't involved :thunk:

When Patty Jenkins made a D.C. superhero movie that wasn't a huge pile of poo poo, the D.C. suits should have just put her in charge of all of it.

Same thing with John Favreau and The Mandalorian. You found someone who knows how to do it; now let them do it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I've been that linked subreddit. One of the mods (if she's still there...) of saltierthancrait is a transwoman who posts in leftist gender subforums, like IDK 10% of the people who post are similar. Reddit is especially bad for trying to talk about if a Disney movie is good or bad and the main starwars subreddit bans you if you try to criticize TLJ.

and honestly comparing the sub to fuckepic, the mods of saltierthancrait are doing their best and it's better than most of the mock subreddits.

Unfortunately like a much larger and louder percent are worshipful acolytes of thequartering, mauler, the like. Mentioning feminism or other leftist themes and whether the movies do right or wrong by them is a bad idea because you will not be able to get past 101 ideas with the dumbest and angriest members. The mods had to essentially ban "politics" because they cannot essentially ban these lovely youtubers who will never shut the gently caress up and never stop making GBS threads themselves and playing in their own poo poo.

There's a similar thing going on if you look at consumeproduct (making fun of corp defenders, very right wing), consoom (attempt at leftist version, still sees transpeople and minorities as the enemy because there's some bad ones on twitter), idk. Reddit's just trash in general.

The Reddit professor has logged in

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's so good, potentially Nolan's best film.

I love some of his movies, Memento's probably my favorite, but nothing after the batmans was great imo.

e:though i haven't seen dunkirk

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Dunkirk was a great exercise in cinematic tension.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

e:though i haven't seen dunkirk

Eh

It's impressive how much work they did, but then they refused to do any CGI at all, so the scenes on the beach that should have 80,000 people just have a few dozen.

Also the climax for the pilot guy is that he saves the beach by getting a dead-stick kill OFFSCREEN on the plane that was about to gently caress the people on the beach up. Motherfuckers, you show me how that works because it's a cool idea.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Firing kathleen for crimes against babu

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Dunkirk was really well made and had an amazing score (because of course it did, Hans Zimmer), but honestly I'm not sure if the gimmick it uses really helps or hurts the movie. I know people that hated it even after they figured out what the gently caress is going on. Kind of afraid Tenet is going to have the same problem.

1917 finally hits theaters near me in another week. Looking forward to that one.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

babu fabu. kathleen latrine.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Babu should have been played by

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Mrs Kennedy told me the new Star Wars would make me a real Hollywood actor. She is a very very bad woman!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

PostNouveau posted:

When Patty Jenkins made a D.C. superhero movie that wasn't a huge pile of poo poo, the D.C. suits should have just put her in charge of all of it.

Same thing with John Favreau and The Mandalorian. You found someone who knows how to do it; now let them do it.

Zack Snyder was heavily involved in Wonder Woman. He cast her, approved the costume design, had story credit, and Jenkins says he helped fight for some of her creative choices

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

I mean I liked Wonder Woman, it was clearly the best thing that happened in the DCEU at that point but let's not pretend that the third act of that movie wasn't a nightmare

Cutedge fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
WW had it's ups and its downs and I say with nigh certainty I will never ever watch it again.