Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If all urinals are taken, don't just awkwardly stand behind peoples' backs. Climb on someone's shoulders to form a pissing double-decker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Yeah in my retail management days I've cleaned enough public bathrooms to agree. I would always rather clean a men's room than a women's room at the end of the day.

Bouncer in a bar in a college town that had to clean the women's restrooms at the end of the night. Yeah it's a loving warzone in there compared to the men's room.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Also if you aren't stripping down naked and doing a handstand while pissing then you're not following protocol.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

The Bloop posted:

Mens Rooms are a labyrinth of convoluted mores and complex unwritten rules

generally there's lots of rules written, but they don't always make sense

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
drat well should be.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

Yeah in my retail management days I've cleaned enough public bathrooms to agree. I would always rather clean a men's room than a women's room at the end of the day.

The worst I ever had to do in a men's room was mop up (and plunge) after a severely flooded toilet. When it comes to Women's rooms I've seen some that make that bathroom in Trainspotting look pristine.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Depending on spacing, each urinal can accommodate two, possibly three streams in a crowded situation.

Plus, the sinks are right there. It's all just pipes, after all.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Parallelwoody posted:

Also if you aren't stripping down naked and doing a handstand while pissing then you're not following protocol.

No, that's how you're supposed to take a shower

:nws::nws:

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Explains the weird looks I've been getting then.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

If all urinals are taken, don't just awkwardly stand behind peoples' backs. Climb on someone's shoulders to form a pissing double-decker.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Of course it's wrong, there's a free urinal right there.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MizPiz posted:

Women find "bathroom etiquette" a mystery because they're all disgusting pieces of poo poo who literally throw their used tampons and crap-covered toilet paper at the walls.

Having had to clean multiple bathrooms, I'm an authority on this.

im a trans woman. ive been using men's restrooms all my life. i still think it's bullshit.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Parallelwoody posted:

Bouncer in a bar in a college town that had to clean the women's restrooms at the end of the night. Yeah it's a loving warzone in there compared to the men's room.
Goddamn, I've been using women's restrooms in many countries around the world for over forty years, and the worst I've ever seen is, like, a toilet that didn't flush or some not-visibly-filthy toilet paper on the floors. :psyduck: Have I been going to the wrong bathrooms all my life?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I mean, what's your definition of "wrong"? Sounds like you've been dodging poo poo smeared wall sized bullets.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

MizPiz posted:

No, that's how you're supposed to take a shower

:nws::nws:

Huh, never got this cutscene when I was playing Death Stranding.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Women's rooms were more likely to have TP and poo poo thrown about but Men more frequently do the splatter poo poo up on the bowl parts you'd think we're un poopable

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dewgy posted:

Huh, never got this cutscene when I was playing Death Stranding.
Give yer loving' balls a tug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHIr4YCHBok

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

quote is not edit and I am confused

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Hirayuki posted:

Goddamn, I've been using women's restrooms in many countries around the world for over forty years, and the worst I've ever seen is, like, a toilet that didn't flush or some not-visibly-filthy toilet paper on the floors. :psyduck: Have I been going to the wrong bathrooms all my life?

I was going to say - I've heard this 'women's public bathrooms are bloodsmeared, shitcoated hellholes' for ever but in 30 years of using them, I've only seen a really disgusting one once. (it was explosive diarrhoea btw). Every other one has been pretty ok.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
It matters if the public places have alcohol or loud music

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i would also like to add that i was a doorman at a bar and had to tidy up the restrooms at the end of the night, and without fail, the womens restroom was much worse than the mens. after living with both men and women, this was a shock to me because men are filthy.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
id like to point out that, naturally, the people who are paid to clean public toilets have probably seen more dirty public toilets than most of us

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

razorrozar posted:

id like to point out that, naturally, the people who are paid to clean public toilets have probably seen more dirty public toilets than most of us

yeah its not that the ladies room was an effluvian sesspit every day, it was just one much more often than the mens, and when it was, it was far, far worse

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
If those women didn't dirty the toilets you wouldn't have a job. Their poop pays your salary.

Here's the first funny pic I found on my phone so this isn't a pure shitpost:

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Mens Rooms are a labyrinth of convoluted mores and complex unwritten rules

What do you mean unwritten? If you're not reading the walls of the stalls then you have only yourself to blame for your ignorance.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tendales posted:

What do you mean unwritten? If you're not reading the walls of the stalls then you have only yourself to blame for your ignorance.

those aren't the rules.

More sort of... guidelines.

and offers. and poetry.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Raptor1033 posted:

Ok, just say you're using one of these urinals and it's crowded. How do you NOT stare at another dudes junk or lock eyes with someone? Just acknowledge the awkwardness, hit the flush with your foot, and walk away?

Not gonna lie, first time I had to piss in a new school, I took a piss in one of those, while everyone else was staring at me like i was nuts. Get called into the principal's office, all that. Didnt get in trouble, cause well.. honest dumb rear end ignorance. Didnt help the urinals were around a corner, and that sink was in front of toilets.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

yeah its not that the ladies room was an effluvian sesspit every day, it was just one much more often than the mens, and when it was, it was far, far worse

I think the only exception that I found in this case was when I was cleaning an airline's headquarters. The men's room was huge, like 18 stalls huge, but it was filthy, and there were always unflushed turds just sitting in the bowl.

It wasn't even a really old building with lovely pipes, it was probably built in the mid-80's

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

winterwerefox posted:

Not gonna lie, first time I had to piss in a new school, I took a piss in one of those, while everyone else was staring at me like i was nuts. Get called into the principal's office, all that. Didnt get in trouble, cause well.. honest dumb rear end ignorance. Didnt help the urinals were around a corner, and that sink was in front of toilets.

:hfive: sup first day in the principal's office at a new school buddy.

First day at a new school in 6th grade, I got called into the principal's office. Earlier in the day, I was in art class, and I rooted through my pockets and realized I had my pocket knife with me. I just moved into a new house and used it to open boxes. I thought "oh, whatever. No big deal." And forgot about it. Some kid must have seen it and ratted me out because I got in huge trouble later. This was less than a year before 9/11 too. I was labeled a trouble kid despite being passive and friendly. What a poo poo school.

Had to vent that trauma there.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Iron Crowned posted:

I think the only exception that I found in this case was when I was cleaning an airline's headquarters. The men's room was huge, like 18 stalls huge, but it was filthy, and there were always unflushed turds just sitting in the bowl.

It wasn't even a really old building with lovely pipes, it was probably built in the mid-80's

If you didn't know everyone who works for an airline hq is a sociopath, you haven't flown on a plane in the last 10 years.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

https://youtu.be/InR7tip2Izk

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I'm the Hoge Nood

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hearing Dutch makes me think I have brain damage, because it sounds like English but I can;t understand a single word.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Beachcomber posted:

If you didn't know everyone who works for an airline hq is a sociopath, you haven't flown on a plane in the last 10 years.

Wealthy people, management, C levels and the like, are all very very nasty.
They feel it is beneath them to do basic tasks.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Hearing Dutch makes me think I have brain damage, because it sounds like English but I can;t understand a single word.

You just reminded me of a particular bad hangover where I started reading SA and one of the threads started posting Norwegian or whatever. For a couple of minutes I was sure I had overdone it and finally actually, for real, broke my brain.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
https://i.imgur.com/Cn7ivr5.mp4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Data Graham posted:

What if the only urinal is the one that's a foot lower than the other ones? That makes you a pedo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4juMA8OZuc

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

As someone fluent in both English and Swedish, Dutch really triggers my "Jesus Christ I'm having a stroke" sense in the brief period before I realize all the words are just random vowels strung together with "shchtj"-sounds and go "Ah, it's Dutch!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Really, as native English speaker, most Germanic languages make me think I'm stroking out