Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Disco Elysium's still on sale if anyone regrets not picking it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Wasn't there supposed to be a bunch of DLC for Bloodstained? Did Iga disappear for another 100 years?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Givin posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be a bunch of DLC for Bloodstained? Did Iga disappear for another 100 years?
The Iga's Back Pack DLC is out (on at least some consoles), but it seems that fixing the Switch version took priority and a lot of staff from the DLC packs. Presumably now that the Switch patch is out, they're back to working on DLC.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Thanks for putting a really hard boss behind two scene transitions instead of just putting a checkpoint here, Blasphemous.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cardiovorax posted:

People in the RPG thread recommended Atelier Iris to me as good for people who are new to the series and maybe want the gameplay over the anime plot. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but it sounded like a good fit and it can be emulated on PC because it's a PS2 game.

If you're the person I'm thinking of, I recommended Atelier Iris 3 specifically and also in response to a very specific kind of gameplay you were looking for; in the dark, I'd say Lydie & Suelle has the best gameplay.

For what it's worth, Ryza might have supplanted Iris 3 as the answer to what you were looking for. It wasn't out yet when you asked.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Tried to buy the Untitled Goose Game on EGS (my nephew saw some youtube playthroughs and begged me).

First purchase ever, 10$ coupon applied, the system asks me for my paypal info.

I don't want it saving my information, obviously, so it asks for a zip code instead (?). I provide my Israeli zip code... and it's apparently invalid. No way forward, no way to make amends.

A well designed machine. You'd think anyone looking to make money would at least foolproof the actual "give us your money" stage of the process.

(Yes, I could provide my credit card info or have it save my paypal details, but that would be even worse)

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy
The miniLAW talk in the previous thread had me go and finish my game before they put an ending in, then start a new game. I don't remember all these news broadcasts in my first playthrough, but I found my old friend pretty early on. 13MM SWC able to two shot most enemies or one shot and a lot of yelling if I want to bring them in and doesn't take up a lot of ammo like high explosive rounds.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That Master of Pottery game that got mentioned is a pretty chill time waster.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Just finished life is strange 2. I did pretty okay as a big bro, besides letting daniel swear as much as he wanted.

Game wasn't as good as the previous 2 games though. Too much of it was just kinda boring.

Also, gently caress the police.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jan 3, 2020

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I bought Dying Light and the season pass for Christmas and had a blast. I just started The Following DLC and man am I disappointed. Way bigger map but oh look - you have to drive around in it with a vehicle that slows down a ton when you hit zombies and then they can hit you, and if the tough ones show up they jump on the car and kill you unless you can shake them off, which never happens as you're too slow for that to work after hitting them.
I also didn't realise that my grappling hook being usable more then 3 times in a row was a thing that was activated for a Christmas event, and not like that all the time. This blows - grappling around the map like spiderman was actually fun and made me feel like a badass.

So while this DLC is more zombie killing, it's worse than the first game due to an unfun car you have to get around in. I'm hoping that as you improve it (or maybe get a better one later?) it becomes a Mad Max battle-wagon that eats roadkill without slowing down, but I'll be surprised.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Disco Elysium: I feel like I'm piloting the world's most pathetic, ruined man. Like I am a mecha pilot and I have been handled a giant version of C-3PO. And he's got a hangover. God I'm so glad I don't drink.

You're definitely playing it right.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Holy gently caress the car physics in Just Cause 3 are horrendous. I know parachute and wingsuit is how the game wants you to get around but Jesus Christ.

Edit: Actually they are not too bad as long as you never ever press the brakes. If you do, the cat instantly locks up into a death spiral so instead, you have to slow down like ten seconds before a curve.

Det_no fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 3, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Gromit posted:

I also didn't realise that my grappling hook being usable more then 3 times in a row was a thing that was activated for a Christmas event, and not like that all the time. This blows - grappling around the map like spiderman was actually fun and made me feel like a badass.
You can mod that out of the game very easily, just check the Dying Light nexus. I hate the stupidly easily breakable hookshot too and god rid of it as soon as I could.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Givin posted:

They update their Kickstarter but in a bit of a dry spell (there's a recent post though) if you consider new content info. On top of what Commander Keene said (Switch stuff) there's been other performance tweaks (which I do think should've been fixed, it's such a janky game although great fun) for the other console versions which'll bring them closer to parity. And lately a lot on physical rewards, but that shouldn't be a bottleneck.

There's been like nothing about the PC versions since the Balance update. I was hoping they'd backport their Switch improvements because at least for me it had problems with skipping when new vfx were created and the like even when it ran full FPS.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

so i missed it if there was any discussion when it came out but if you like zero-knowledge puzzlers where the puzzle is just "what the gently caress do i do?" then you should check out macdows 95.

i blew through like two and a half hours barely even noticing just opening files, flipping screens, breaking the icons, and playing video games. there's a specific reason why i didn't 100% it in one completion but i won't tell you why. i should've played it before the sale ended because i picked it up for like a dollar but it's really fun and you should wishlist it.

it's not a great operating system.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Ghostlight posted:

so i missed it if there was any discussion when it came out but if you like zero-knowledge puzzlers where the puzzle is just "what the gently caress do i do?" then you should check out macdows 95.

i blew through like two and a half hours barely even noticing just opening files, flipping screens, breaking the icons, and playing video games. there's a specific reason why i didn't 100% it in one completion but i won't tell you why. i should've played it before the sale ended because i picked it up for like a dollar but it's really fun and you should wishlist it.

it's not a great operating system.

BTW this game is available for anyone with Humble Trove.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Gromit posted:

So while this DLC is more zombie killing, it's worse than the first game due to an unfun car you have to get around in. I'm hoping that as you improve it (or maybe get a better one later?) it becomes a Mad Max battle-wagon that eats roadkill without slowing down, but I'll be surprised.

The car does get better, though never unstoppable if you ram into a big enough horde, but it’s also kind of a grind to upgrade it too. There’s an eventual upgrade to help against the super zombies jumping on the car.

One thing I think The Following does really well is the tone shift of the story into actual horror instead of “man is the real monster.” But being DLC the story is a lot sparser than the main game so it doesn’t quite land as hard as it should.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Tried to buy the Untitled Goose Game on EGS (my nephew saw some youtube playthroughs and begged me).

First purchase ever, 10$ coupon applied, the system asks me for my paypal info.

I don't want it saving my information, obviously, so it asks for a zip code instead (?). I provide my Israeli zip code... and it's apparently invalid. No way forward, no way to make amends.

A well designed machine. You'd think anyone looking to make money would at least foolproof the actual "give us your money" stage of the process.

(Yes, I could provide my credit card info or have it save my paypal details, but that would be even worse)

You can tell em not to save your credit card details.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

zedprime posted:

Late and I'm about to make a lot of qualifications. Automachef is almost exactly the topology of Production Line. But its more of a mission based puzzler than a capitalist competition and the interface is astoundingly bad so you can probably wishlist it for a deeper sale.

Saw you picked up Big Pharma

If you like the spreadsheet business management parts of Production Line and Big Pharma you might consider branching out to the ur spreadsheet management game, Capitalism 2/Capitalism Lab.

Rise of Industry is also fairly Anno-like.

Little Big Workshop

I'm eagerly awaiting Good Company

E. Comedy option: modded X3. Yes, the spaceship game.

From the end of the old thread but thank you! I wish production line was more popular so there would be LPs by grognards so I could get schooled on logistics. Big Pharma is great all around with mission based goals and enough randomness for replayability.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

holy ugly gui throwback

i didn't install steam until 06..which means more than likely it was because of hl2:ep 1...which also means I didn't play hl2 until 2 years after it came out..and I have no idea why..I had a 9800 pro when HL2 came out, maybe my CPU couldn't keep up

i wanna say we stopped complaining about how lovely steam was by default around 2009?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Now it's just dated by default. I wish they'd stop using Chromium for everything.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Humble Monthly Choice

That's a solid set.

Also 12 games, so even the people with the classic plan have to choose (max 10).

Kennel fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 3, 2020

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
More then a little solid.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Kennel posted:

Humble Monthly Choice

That's a solid set.

Also 12 games, so even the people with the classic plan have to choose (max 10).

not enough story-driven single-player games but SoW, Mages of Mystralia, and Whispers aren't bad I guess

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I might have to pause just because I already own so many of those.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

John Murdoch posted:

I might have to pause just because I already own so many of those.
How does that work? Can you just opt into a month or save your subscription for a later one?
I'm asking because it asked me if I want to subscribe to this month before it let me choose and I've got a bit pre-paid.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
If you haven't paid yet (subs don't charge until 1 week before the end of the month unless you opt to pay early to get the games immediately) you can pause the sub, which skips that month. You can pause as often as you want, though I think you also lose the Humble store discount and Trove access while paused, which basically just makes it a slightly easier way to temporarily un-sub (and keeps you in their system, ready to be automatically charged the month after).

Pausing is a much bigger deal now for anyone who got grandfathered in under the old $12/mo plan, since you'd lose that otherwise.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 3, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Kennel posted:

Humble Monthly Choice

That's a solid set.

Maybe I'm just going senile but I swear half those games were just in recent bundles sometime from Jul-Dec.

Probably the only bundle I regret missing this year was the Crash Bandicoot+Spyro one.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 3, 2020

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, I'll probably pause this month as well. I wouldn't mind having Shadows of War, but I didn't get that far into the previous game and there are better games out there worth my time.

Then again, lately I'm seeing people reselling bundle contents for more than they bought them for...

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Xaris posted:

Maybe I'm just going senile but I swear half those games were just in recent bundles sometime from Jul-Dec.

Probably the only bundle I regret missing this year was the Crash Bandicoot+Spyro one.

I searched through my library and I don't have any of these, so I don't think they are repeats.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Definitely a pause month. Mages and Whispers look neat, own the rest or don’t care.

So if I pause now I lose the Humble Store discount immediately?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yep.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Blattdorf posted:

Now it's just dated by default. I wish they'd stop using Chromium for everything.

That’s not going to happen. The entire history of the software industry has been a continuous search for the laziest possible way to construct a user interface and as bad as web browsers are, they can run some pleasant looking multimedia effects portably across platforms and there’s a huge number of people who know how to develop for them.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Cardiovorax posted:

You can mod that out of the game very easily, just check the Dying Light nexus. I hate the stupidly easily breakable hookshot too and god rid of it as soon as I could.

Yeah, thanks - I did look around for mods but nexus wants me to register in order to download a 25k file. Something about that annoys me, but that's just me being a baby.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
My one issue with Humble Choice this month is two point hospital is in it and the Christmas bundle had like an 80% off coupon for it.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I have a free STEAM Key for Dirt Rally 2.0. First person to quote this post will receive the key via PM.

Thanks!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Anyone who wants SOW, SFV, or graveyard keeper, PM me and I’ll get it out to you tonight or tomorrow.

E:all claimed.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 3, 2020

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Anyone who wants SOW, SFV, or graveyard keeper, PM me and I’ll get it out to you tonight or tomorrow.

I'd love Graveyard Keeper but I don't have PMs. Here's my Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/danakir/

I understand if that's too much trouble though. Hope the game finds a good home either way.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish the new steam client wasn't so slow. I don't know if it is just because I own a lot of games or if it is the client itself being poorly optimized or what but it can take upwards of a minute for the client to update and let me interact with it and search/scroll/etc. It wasn't a problem with the old version :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Do you have steam set to open at start? I never have the kind of issues you describe (I have a library of ~700 titles) but it’s always up-to-date and ready to go for me